Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So it's guest characters above legacy characters and it's one that has the same issues that I have with the Star Wars characters. If there ever is a season 2 for Soul Calibur in the future I will not buy it until I know what I'm paying for as I made the mistake of putting too much faith into Project Soul not to pull this jarring stunt again.
It makes far more sense to include the guest character sooner rather than later, does it not? Boosting sales near launch is far more important than boosting sales later on in the game's life. They got the pre-order from the long time fans and people who were excited for Geralt, and now post-launch, they're gonna get people who were on the fence and also potentially fans of Nier Automata, including people who haven't even played SoulCalibur, and just want in to be able to play as 2B. It's a very smart business decision.

I would only agree with your point if the other two DLC characters are also guests, but I really doubt that will be the case.

So it's guest characters above legacy characters and it's one that has the same issues that I have with the Star Wars characters. If there ever is a season 2 for Soul Calibur in the future I will not buy it until I know what I'm paying for as I made the mistake of putting too much faith into Project Soul not to pull this jarring stunt again.

We were made aware of this knowledge beforehand though. They’ve been advertising a guest character for the game’s season pass for as long as we can remember.

Now that Geralt and 2B are in the game, I have no further guest requests. Bring on the newcomers!
We were made aware of this knowledge beforehand though. They’ve been advertising a guest character for the game’s season pass for as long as we can remember.
No they haven't. The closest we have to that is Okubo saying "It's a possibility, but we haven't looked into it", which means jack.
Since a lot of people seemed to have missed it, they showed this is all part of the first character DLC in the season pass at the very end of the reveal trailer

View attachment 52959
I like how the other two silhouettes are broadsword users when we still don't have a proper one in SC after all this time.

Assumptions are not knowledge and there have been plenty rife in here. Also the "reveal" was literally a few hours ago. Do we have knowledge of the other to silhouette characters? No we don't because they're being kept secret and are a hot topic of discussion here.

Personally I would be quite happy to have a refund at this point as 2B is a character as I have zero intention of ever playing.

Capture.JPG

If we are going to get over 100 customization items as DLC why do they keep saying its "2 armor packs" ???

No they haven't. The closest we have to that is Okubo saying "It's a possibility, but we haven't looked into it", which means jack.

We always had the Okubo statement of Geralt being the only guest character on the disc, which was certainly a lot more than jack.

Anyone who is surprised about this turn of events shouldn't be, unless they missed this, but I feel like it was restated here at least a hundred times.

If we are going to get over 100 customization items as DLC why do they keep saying its "2 armor packs" ???
I was gonna say it, but @WindupSkeleton beat me to it.

While i would rather a veteran fighter be shown off I think its a smart move for 2b a guest character to be shown off first to increase sales and hype for the game.
we will eventually get characters like amy,cassandra, setsuka ect. whether it's this season on next so no worries

I wonder if the extra Nier stuff is just to make up for 2B's outfit being unusable, or if the other characters might come with bonus items in addition to their 1p costume parts.

geez some of you are overreacting ... I mean its nice to see salty comments but damn

Customers wanting their money back because they got something that they didn't want is overreacting now? No, as a customer I have every right to be disgruntled. I'm to blame for putting blind faith into the purchase that's for sure, I'll just make sure I won't do it again.

Have they confirmed if 2B's style will be usable for CaS like Geralt's style? Color me skeptical, but I want confirmation.
They didn't say it, no, but they showed both her primary and secondary colors using her Virtuous weapons, and the thumbnails at the end of the trailer show the Type-4O weapons from the game, implying she'll have a full set of weapons like Geralt, which implies you'll be able to use her style.

I don't mind 2B, but I kind of have the feeling now the remaining 2 DLCs will be males. which would mean no Cass. :(

still, the hope still burns!!

Customers wanting their money back because they got something that they didn't want is overreacting now? No, as a customer I have every right to be disgruntled. I'm to blame for putting blind faith into the purchase that's for sure, I'll just make sure I won't do it again.

no one forced you to buy the season pass ... You could have waited

I don't mind 2B, but I kind of have the feeling now the remaining 2 DLCs will be males. which would mean no Cass. :(

still, the hope still burns!!
:sc4amy1: -- The remaining characters have an equal chance of being male or female. We don't have any concrete evidence, one way or the other.

This isn't the first time we had a guest from a Sci-Fi franchise...
As I said above, in MK were Alien and Dreddy Freddy Krueger DLC
I personally liked them, but most of the other MK players were angry from them
In their opinion, Alien and Freddy do not fit into the balance, chronology, and mood of the MK game.

In my opinion Ms. Panty-Shot do not fit into SC chonologu and mood

no one forced you to buy the season pass ... You could have waited

Sure I could have waited but I did it partly because I wanted to give support for future content in the attempt of having all legacy characters returning. Like I said I won't be doing that again even if it's for one of my favourite franchises, it's quite clear legacy characters are not a priority.

Back