Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

no one forced you to buy the season pass ... You could have waited

But he litteraly said just before that he was the one to blame, don't be so defensive. :-/

Personally, i just want full roster as a casual so i would have bought anything even Dampierre or the ugly Algol.
So 2B or not 2B.
Still that doesn't mean i wouldn't prefer nice characters like Setsuka or Hilde. But it's a subjective preference, like i prefer strawberry over apricot.

(Not the topic but AI is quite strong and sidesteps very well in Libra using Geralt.)

Last edited:
But where will they stream it!?!?!

Also, in other news, I randomly found another mention of Edge Master as a selectable character in the game code. Maybe we'll Edge Master, Olcadan, Elysium, and Master Kilik announcement!?

I have no idea how likely it is, but in regards to Libra of Soul I'm sure you and others checking this are familiar with the Ancient Master missions for each style usable in it? I'm going through and getting them all, and Edge Master being a selectable style in the code could be relevant. Perhaps a mission in Libra sets you to it against Inferno, who I can confirm you fight after beating the Ancient Master of 10 different styles, or 9 if it wasn't counting Tira but including Geralt.

Can't recall if there's an Inferno fight after the first mastery, and I'm guessing there is another after you beat every Ancient Master. At this point, if the style is in the code supposedly and is actually just well hidden, having you unlock Edge Master at the end of a long side quest in Libra where you finish Master on all existing styles, excluding Inferno and DLC, would make sense and be cool in my opinion, albeit a bit convoluted and effort-filled. Some of the conditions on some of the fights make for a slight pain in the ass when I don't know the characters too well, but it makes for good basic training with everyone.

Edit: I just want to say that I highly doubt that what I have said in the spoiler is at all the case, but I wouldn't really be surprised either, all things considered.

Last edited:
Sure I could have waited but I did it partly because I wanted to give support for future content in the attempt of having all legacy characters returning. Like I said I won't be doing that again even if it's for one of my favourite franchises, it's quite clear legacy characters are not a priority.
There weren't enough slots for all legacy characters to return, sadly. Even if we didn't have 2B, and we got, let's say, Hwang, Cassandra, and Amy. We would still be missing Rock, Li Long, Lizardman, Edge Master, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, and Dampierre. It wasn't a feasible goal, so you kind of set yourself up for disappointment, if you were expecting this. Even if we lop off Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, and Dampierre, there still weren't enough slots. "Priority" is subjective, you could say that all DLC characters are on the same priority level, all decided at the same time, and released in strategic order. It makes far more sense to release the second guest, if there was going to be one, close to launch, rather than months down the line. It's just business.

I'd be surprise if not since it's one of the aspect of the Nier Automata game itself
She would make history as being not only the first female guest, but also the first guest to allow equipment destruction. But there are those of us who never used her self-destruct feature and/or always used the gear that prevents equipment destruction in Nier Automata, too. I think her clothes are too fancy to break, and the same goes for 9S, even if he only really loses his pants, I preferred them both unbroken.

I have no idea how likely it is, but in regards to Libra of Soul I'm sure you and others checking this are familiar with the Ancient Master missions for each style usable in it? I'm going through and getting them all, and Edge Master being a selectable style in the code could be relevant. Perhaps a mission in Libra sets you to it against Inferno, who I can confirm you fight after beating the Ancient Master of 10 different styles, or 9 if it wasn't counting Tira but including Geralt.

Can't recall if there's an Inferno fight after the first mastery, and I'm guessing there is another after you beat every Ancient Master. At this point, if the style is in the code supposedly and is actually just well hidden, having you unlock Edge Master at the end of a long side quest in Libra where you finish Master on all existing styles, excluding Inferno and DLC, would make sense and be cool in my opinion, albeit a bit convoluted and effort-filled. Some of the conditions on some of the fights make for a slight pain in the ass when I don't know the characters too well, but it makes for good basic training with everyone.
You know, I never even considered the fact that there would be more to this quest line! I just thought it would be fight the Ancient Master, get your weapon, rinse and repeat for each weapon. I only mastered 5 weapons on my first character, and 4 weapons on my second character, so I didn't find it feasible to master every weapon on a single character. That's some heck of a grind, you know it? But now I am curious if there's something for doing them all... you just gave me a reason to go back to Libra of Soul.

... I haven't expected this much salt about 2B inclusion. I was under impression that everyone and their dog wants her in the game as guest, except for very few people.
I mean, there is not much good and popular enought to be worthwile to include characters that could be added to SC and 2B is a pretty good choice. She may be pretty futuristic, but if we would've discarded flying droid all of her stuff could look like a normal magical stuff fitting within SC (unlike SW characters with lightsabers and outright cyborg looking Vader).
If we have to have a guest in SP, then 2B is really not a bad choice at all.

Never stopped Tekken 7 from changing it's character select screen which has happened multiple times.
Tekken 7 started in arcades and received gradual updates and eventually came to console, with even more updates, and got DLC. It's not quite the same.

I thought the best choice would have been William from Nioh.

Nioh = popular worlwide
William = charismatic character, uses a sword, same time than SoulCalibur lore

But he probably was disqualified from... Maybe Mitsurugi already in-game ? Oh no i know ! It's because he is from a Koei game ! XD
And i guess it's the same reason for Yukimura Sanada (charismatic character, uses two swords, same time than SoulCalibur lore, feodal Japan main hero... but from a Koei game, even if he existed in reality i mean !!!)

I agree that he is a pretty good guest candidate, but he is too visually similar to Geralt and too similar to Mitsu in terms of potential fighting style.

And too Koei too, admit it ! :p

Last edited:

Edit: I just want to say that I highly doubt that what I have said in the spoiler is at all the case, but I wouldn't really be surprised either, all things considered.
The game files have already been decrypted. There are signs suggesting Edge Master was GOING to be playable, but there isn't like a model for him in there or anything. There are no surprise characters hidden in the game.

Sure I could have waited but I did it partly because I wanted to give support for future content in the attempt of having all legacy characters returning. Like I said I won't be doing that again even if it's for one of my favourite franchises, it's quite clear legacy characters are not a priority.

there are still 2 characters left stop overreacting and wait until you see who they are

You know, I never even considered the fact that there would be more to this quest line! I just thought it would be fight the Ancient Master, get your weapon, rinse and repeat for each weapon. I only mastered 5 weapons on my first character, and 4 weapons on my second character, so I didn't find it feasible to master every weapon on a single character. That's some heck of a grind, you know it? But now I am curious if there's something for doing them all... you just gave me a reason to go back to Libra of Soul.
I wasn't sure the quest line would continue either, but 10 characters in and a special sidequest from Edge Master to fight Inferno under... Well, I can tell you the conditions if you want, but while I got through easy enough, I could see it being a serious roadblock for others. The quest has a little side story context to it as well and ties in nicely in my opinion. Personally, main reason I'm doing it is to have the 'Soul of' title for every character and all of the Master titles. I get a kick outta learning everyone as best I can, and I'd say it's a good start.

I know a title is unlocked for beating that Inferno as I cleared it, and the enhancement item is nice, so I assume the ones for completing all styles should be good. If this questline unlocks Edge Master though, consider me pleasantly surprised, as I actually wanted him back as our mimic of the game. Especially if that meant Master weapons on the rest of the main cast. Can re-color default weapons now, so why not Master weapons as well if they were to exist?

I thought the best choice would have been William from Nioh.
The other issue with this is that Nioh is not on Xbox One. Sure, it's on PC, but it would still be mildly strange for a character to be in a game on Xbox One where the source game itself is not on Xbox One. Nier Automata coming to Xbox One earlier this year, I feel, was pivotal to allowing 2B to be included.

Tekken 7 started in arcades and received gradual updates and eventually came to console, with even more updates, and got DLC. It's not quite the same.

Moot point considering the character select screen in retail release of SC6 is the second iteration of it. I've been over this idea before with people in here, if Project Soul wants to keep the original look all they have to do is make the icons smaller and add more to the edges.

Character Select Screen 2.png

Back