Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The bar is getting set lower and lower every day. Like, why play fighting games if you don't want to learn or adapt? Lmao lemme go buy SFV and tell Capcom to remove Ryu's hadoken or play some JRPG and beg the devs to remove a boss.

The bar is getting set lower and lower every day. Like, why play fighting games if you don't want to learn or adapt? Lmao lemme go buy SFV and tell Capcom to remove Ryu's hadoken or play some JRPG and beg the devs to remove a boss.
Better yet they should remove all projectiles and get rid of combos in all games cuz fighting games are the dark souls of fighting games and I don't like games that are challenging. I was going to switch to snk heroines but that game looks hard to play as well

I just played the #1 ranked Kilik and barely scraped by. They stayed in my face, waited out Ivy's super, and spaced out my long range moves. I luckily got 2-2. (third hit of Asura dance hits folks behind him apparently). So, Leonheart, just figure it out. But if you were deadass about removing moves, maybe you should go play Smash or Undertale.

Ivy is only a problem to face if you don't know her moves and potential mixups, lab the character then apply that knowledge in battle so you avoid the zones she is the most deadly in.

Yeah i mean, the girl aint got a teleport or some shit. Ivy is literally defeated by running or even walking forward and it aint like i can just avoid Taki at close range.

She's only busted to people who don't understand her because her moves push you into mixups, that is her game plan. Think of Ivy as a game of Chess where you think several moves ahead so when you see certain strings you know what is going to happen next. She's surprising linear and weak up close.

Here watch my mixup to see my point.

Stay in her face and jab her. Also, they are never going to get rid of her Vile Condemnation low throw or the Auto-GI on her CE. They purposefully gave that as part of her kit. It follows the text given to explain the style when selecting it in Creation. They fixed the hitbox for that throw before launch.
Ivy players who are aware and well-prepared don't let anyone "stay in her face", let alone the slower characters. They rain down with the same supreme zoning moves and abuse the highly criticized low throw to no end. I'm not saying it's impossible to get in, but the hurdle is disproportionate compared to the rest and quickly becomes more tedious than fun. That abomination of a teleport low throw rings out, runs full screen, can’t be punished on block, it tracks, no sidestep on oki, and without oki it’s still a frame perfect step, otherwise it tracks. Quite honestly, it's no wonder people are speaking up.

since I've gotten into E rank I've been matched with Ivy basically 80% of the time, it's insane, fortunately all this matches helped me learn how to punish most of the common moves with Nightmare, but yes the main strategy remains to get as close as possible.

EDIT: about the 2A+G throw I think it should have a fixed range or at least a smaller area (like any other throw) because right now if you are a bit far a way from ivy she can do it.

Last edited:
That abomination of a teleport low throw rings out, runs full screen, can’t be punished on block.
You are wrong.

1. There are only two areas her ground throw goes into, mid range and max mid range, it never goes full screen. Just stay out of mid range because this is meant to be her deadliest zone.
2. You can either crouch block which puts you into a 50/50 with her lethal hit 2 B+K or you can high risk high reward GI of the 50/50. I've literally seen this in matches. The only thing you have to watch out for is the cancel but don't expect to experience than unless you're facing high level tournament players.

Last edited:
You are wrong.

1. There are only two areas her ground throw goes into, mid range and max mid range, it never goes full screen. Just stay out of mid range because this is meant to be her deadliest zone.
2. You can either crouch block which puts you into a 50/50 with her lethal hit 2 B+K or you can high risk high reward GI of the 50/50. I've literally seen this in matches. The only thing you have to watch out for is for the cancel but don't expect to experience than unless you're facing high level tournament players.
I wasn't literal there, ambiguous way of putting it I guess. Doesn't matter. The current range is enough since that is the natural sweet spot for so many matchups. I'm completely aware HOW to deal with it but that doesn't make it any easier against an Ivy who knows how to abuse it. The move is waaay too
beneficial and easy to pull off. It would be something completely different if it didn't track or ring out, but right now it's beastly and it's no surprise Ivy players are always defending it - I would too - but that doesn't make it stink any less.

Back