Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are very PC-like things. They're optional upgrades which let you run games with better graphics or framerate. You definitely don't have to keep upgrading your hardware to keep up to date (that's only true if you're the kind of person who must play all games at the highest settings). PC games usually only see a massive increase in hardware requirements whenever a new console generation starts.

For instance, Soul Calibur 6 has relatively low requirements (yay, I'm staying on topic now) and that should run fine on any PC as long as it isn't too old. I've got a fairly beefy PC and it's complete overkill for the game. If I put everything on highest, play at 1440p, and unlock the framerate, I get over 200 fps.
What kind of PC do you have? Because I plan on upgrading mine, depending DOA6's minimum/recommended specs (which they still haven't revealed yet).

Think we'll get something at the Tekken World Tour finals on Dec 1-2?

I know it's a Tekken event, but I can see them using it as a vehicle to show us another Tekken Season 2 char and 2Bs release date.

I have to be honest, as much as I love SoulCalibur VI, when Smash Ultimate comes out I and many other people I'm sure, will be prioritizing it over SC. Namco would be pretty stupid to wait just long enough to release 2B at such a time. I doubt it takes a month to fix minor mouth animations or w/e the problem with releasing 2B in a timely fashion is.

I might be excited for whoever they release but if they wait too long, i'll spend my money on another game or something else entirely.

Telling us nothing kills the hype more.
Hopefully, they're taking the time to balance her so we won't get anything like Sm4sh Bayonetta-levels of broken.

Hopefully, they're taking the time to balance her so we won't get anything like Sm4sh Bayonetta-levels of broken.

Well i dont think they can. I've been against 2B from a long time ago and the main reason is because of balance. Everybody writes me off as a troll or insults me i guess because they think i'm just bitter that 2B got on the roster. There actually is some merit to saying she wont work. Harada did an interview earlier in the year about the challenges to balancing Akuma in Tekken just because of his jump-ins. He said Tekken's system wasnt really prepared to deal with that and it caused a lot of balancing issues that took a very long time for them to get right.

I have to be honest, as much as I love SoulCalibur VI, when Smash Ultimate comes out I and many other people I'm sure, will be prioritizing it over SC. Namco would be pretty stupid to wait just long enough to release 2B at such a time. I doubt it takes a month to fix minor mouth animations or w/e the problem with releasing 2B in a timely fashion is.
I like smash and all, but i'll definitely be prioritizing Soul Calibur 6 over Ultimate.

Would you guys be OK if all the DLC characters will be guest (outside of Tira), but there will be a season 2 for sure with 6 characters (Either 6 legacy or 5 + Guest) ?

Me totally YES and OK with it, especially if one of the guest at least would be interesting (to me) , like Artorias.

is there some fundamental difference of how she operates that makes her unbalanced? I'm just curious because no one has used her yet, so how do you come to this conclusion?

The example i gave, jump-ins. Very common thing in any 2D fighting game but not a thing in Tekken, caused balancing issues among other things from him. Actually the interview was about guest characters in general. Yeah, we dont have the facts yet but they've proven its apparently quite difficult to properly balance characters who introduce new mechanics that dont really exist. So i dont trust they can or will do it.

To be more specific im concerned about her dash which looked fast and full screen combined with projectiles. No one has dashes like that in SC.

Back