Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I would keep expectations low to avoid disappointment. I expect the news to be that they're be proudly following Soul Calibur tradition by disbanding Project Soul so they get more people to work on Tekken 7's next season pass.

I'm startung to remember how much I hated Olcadan.

Bring back Edge Master 8)

It's a miracle that Battlefield V, Fallout 76 and Red Dead Redemption 2 have all been massive disappointments!

Soul Calibur VI managed to dodge some lethal bullets

I think you mean dodged a lethal hit ;)

Btw with the recent patch... why the fuck have they tampered with Tira’s unblockable set up?

Like of all the characters they could of tampered with they choose her.

Make it make sense please... it’s beyond retarded.

So... i am not entirely certain of this yet because i havent actually tried playing all characters but so far i haven't noticed an A+K command. Did they actually do away with that?

I've been reluctant to set a button for A+B+K and have instead used two buttons for A+B and K... it hasnt gone well. Almost half my SCs and CEs come out as A+B. If i really wont ever need that A+K for any character... that'll be a tremendous help for my execution.

I'm jumpin' on the Seong-Mina train. Me and that super safe long range damage beast is gonna have us a bunch of easy victories, oh baby.

And yet... you complain about Ivy.

So... i am not entirely certain of this yet because i havent actually tried playing all characters but so far i haven't noticed an A+K command. Did they actually do away with that?

I've been reluctant to set a button for A+B+K and have instead used two buttons for A+B and K... it hasnt gone well. Almost half my SCs and CEs come out as A+B. If i really wont ever need that A+K for any character... that'll be a tremendous help for my execution.
Yoshimitsu has A+K moves IIRC.

For most of the characters yes. Yoshi has his suicide move and apparently Voldo has a A+K command. AFAIK these are the only characters to have that command.

For most of the characters yes. Yoshi has his suicide move and apparently Voldo has a A+K command. AFAIK these are the only characters to have that command.

Hmm i checked and it looks like Voldo's only command is "Super Freak". Is that a stance? Is it important? Yoshi i dont care about but i was considering Voldo.

Hmm i checked and it looks like Voldo's only command is "Super Freak". Is that a stance? Is it important? Yoshi i dont care about but i was considering Voldo.

I've only briefly looked at Voldo and I've never understood his workings fully so I can't answer that for you.

I've only briefly looked at Voldo and I've never understood his workings fully so I can't answer that for you.

Well thank you anyway. Its a shame they couldnt totally do away with it if almost everyone except two characters dont have.

Now i'm wondering if the DLC characters will have it either. I dont want to become too accustomed with any particular control scheme if i cant use it all the time.

Well thank you anyway. Its a shame they couldnt totally do away with it if almost everyone except two characters dont have.

I'm actually kind of hoping they do bring the command back for other characters, I mean Ivy for example can't go straight into Serpent Embrace, she has to use certain attacks to get into that stance. I can see the reasoning behind it as by the look of things Project Soul want B+K to be universal for character specials but still this limits character options.

I'm actually kind of hoping they do bring the command back for other characters, I mean Ivy for example can't go straight into Serpent Embrace, she has to use certain attacks to get into that stance. I can see the reasoning behind it as by the look of things Project Soul want B+K to be universal for character specials but still this limits character options.

But that is a nightmare unless you have an arcade stick. Too many commands to fit them all on the trigger buttons.

But that is a nightmare unless you have an arcade stick. Too many commands to fit them all on the trigger buttons.

It's best to get out of the habit of using trigger buttons. I use pad and avoid using them as much as possible, changing the positioning of my right hand when I need to. The only time I exclusively use the trigger buttons is with Critical Edge and Soul Charge. Shame Soul Calibur doesn't have button buffering like Tekken does as that would make the inputs more reliable.

At this point, I would strongly encourage you to get an arcade stick because it's much more useful for fighting games. Once you do, you'll never downgrade to those peasant PS4/Xbox controllers again l0l

• 2B in February
  • Cassandra in July or August
tumblr_static_kassit3.gif

Back