Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm worried about 'balance' patches TBH. Aside from a few characters that are slightly weaker/stronger than the rest, everyone else is pretty close.
I saw on Twitch and YouTube a lot of online tournaments, medium and high skill level.
The most frequent winners are Azwels Ivys and Yoshis. Next win-tiers is Nighmares, Sophy and Voldos.
All other heroes are rarely tournament winners.

For my chars (Raph, Mina, Groh) things go bad
"Overpowered" Mina won only one serious tournament (PartyWolf, main - Kilik, second line - Mina)
Raph much improved from SCV and have cool vertical strikes, but his horisontal strikes is very bad
Groh have cool v-trigger soul charge, but everything other is weak

For my chars (Raph, Mina, Groh) things go bad

Raph much improved from SCV and have cool vertical strikes, but his horisontal strikes is very bad

Raph is possibly the most glitched character in game.
Almost all his vertical mids can be jumped
When you earn a backturn counterhit to force opponent to block a 66B+K, the turn animation randomly steps for no reason...
6A+B turns opponent in a random angle rather than on back.
SE K gets stuck in walls.
In the end a character that risk 100 damage on any wiff its problematic with so many collision bugs.

BUT

He still has the discussed AGcancel that if abused gives adds 6+ frames to any prep move, turns any prep poke from 20 into a 40 damage knockdown combo, and chains WRB into CE or into long combos.
I still think its a glitch and i avoid it until namco will either patch it or leave it as it is. They know it exists at this point so next patch will tell who was right. If it won t be changed i will start using it too.

Also consider tracking RE and 4B+K, B realignment.

For sure if they remove the glitch they should give a little buff since even if its true raph has tools risk/reward its too much of an issue with current damage...i can't risk 15-25 against 70-100 damage on any mixup ON HIT.
Its also his strength for now.
Aknowledged opponent will be predictable due to the stupid low damage horizontal.

Online tournaments are currently useless btw.
WIth the poor netcode even on PC since 1.02 you can literally create lag mixup that are not supposed to exist.
And sorry to tell but mina could easily win any online tournament.
Her A+B and 2A+B cannot be jumped/stepped on reaction as they should.
Her overall moves break defense in 3-4 blocks.

Even Siegfried can 50% slow lows and mids that could be easily blocked before the patch.
(not to mention Ivy low vertical that combos for 70...)

It seems they buffed Ivy ground grab (2/3 A+G)!!!

more damage and "whiffing" correction. But maybe less tracking? not sure of what they meaned with "vertical type"

EDIT : ok, not so buffed: more damage but less lateral tracking (apparently).

Last edited:
As a Talim main struggling hard versus Azwel, Geralt and Raphael, those change are reassuring to me.

I am a bit surprised Tira and Sieg have so few changes.

Setsuka reveal for Evo Japan :pray:
yes-please.jpg

So they changed the safety of Voldo’s CE so that it’s frames on - are the same. :(

I’m surprised Tira didn’t get much besides bug fixes.

Back