Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

angel step B and twin angel step B were always a bit much, for the past few games, glad to see they got some sense finally.

Yeah, i would call that the dragon punch of this series. It has always been like that but i never thought it was a bad thing.

Uuuh, AS B and TAS B are unchanged. The balance patch nerf AS B:B et TAS B:B, so the RO/wall splat option. AS B:4 and TAS B:4, the main (damaging) variants remain untouched (as I unterstand the cryptic langage of patch note).

But TAS A,A , 1K, 1[K] and 4B are all usefull tools who get nerf

Oh I fought those characters constantly back to back nothing but night/seig and night definitely needed a nerf.
But did it ever occur to you to take Nightmare or Sieg into training mode and look for ways to counter their movesets? Fighting them back to back without learning from your mistakes or not doing the proper research needed to fight them properly is only going to get you so far.

Last edited:
It's amazing how Okubo addressed Ivy's CE, damage scaling, and Portal Grab with tweaks and nerfs but folks are on there begging for her to be nerfed more as if he didn't do anything. Were those all not what was bitched about forever?

I think a lot of people who are bitching about Ivy now don't know how she plays so what they're really asking for is her mixup game plan to be nerfed to hell so they don't feel like they have no control over their character when facing her.

Personally some of these nerfs might be excessive. I have zero complaints about reducing Ivy's damage scaling, I think that's what a lot of people were complaining about more than anything so now you would just have to work harder for damage which is a legitimate fair change. The portal grab nerf concerns me though. If you can dodge it with a side dash then sure that's a reasonable change but if side walking can dodge it then the mixup between her 2A+G and 2B+K has been made ineffective which is a bad change. The nerfing of her CE I really disapprove of ATM but I yet to see it in action to give a final opinion on. I always saw this as her ace up her sleeve on those who use Ivy's weak close up game to beat her but now it being able to just deflect vertical attacks means her opponent doesn't even have to weight up the risks anymore.

NEC19 is on shortly, full schedule of matches and streams below.

http://bigegaming.com/

NEC19 Tournament Schedule Friday.png

NEC19 Stream Schedule Friday.png

NEC19 Tournament Schedule Saturday.png

NEC19 Stream Schedule Saturday.png

NEC19 Tournament Schedule Sunday.png

NEC19 Stream Schedule Sunday.png

I think a lot of people who are bitching about Ivy now don't know how she plays so what they're really asking for is her mixup game plan to be nerfed to hell so they don't feel like they have no control over their character when facing her.

Personally some of these nerfs might be excessive. I have zero complaints about reducing Ivy's damage scaling, I think that's what a lot of people were complaining about more than anything so now you would just have to work harder for damage which is a legitimate fair change. The portal grab nerf concerns me though. If you can dodge it with a side dash then sure that's a reasonable change but if side walking can dodge it then the mixup between her 2A+G and 2B+K has been made ineffective which is a bad change. The nerfing of her CE I really disapprove of ATM but I yet to see it in action to give a final opinion on. I always saw this as her ace up her sleeve on those who use Ivy's weak close up game to beat her but now it being able to just deflect vertical attacks means her opponent doesn't even have to weight up the risks anymore.

Nerfing damage isnt a big deal to me. (But that does kind of depend on how much) I really dont like them messing with the properties of moves though. If we can sidestep 2A+G then i predict 66A is going to be spammed a lot more often because that is the only thing left to kill step now.

I'm pretty sure I'm by myself on this, but I fell they should leave ivy alone and bring everyone up to her level. Taki should do more damage, and/or make her demon blade chip machanic be able to K.O. the opponent, Astaroth should be doing way more damage overall, and make mitsu's 2K,B great again, etc.

But did it ever occur to you to take Nightmare or Sieg into training mode and look for ways to counter their movesets? Fighting them back to back without learning from your mistakes or not doing the proper research needed to fight them properly is only going to get you so far.
Did it occur to you, that I just wanna fight that I know what to expect and I just dont have the ability to reacted in time. I never said I lose to them all the time, its the way some players use them that makes nightmare the way I hate him. Which why 90% of my fights ended up being those 2 because he cheap and over powered and so on also Fuck nightmare.

Last edited:
Back