Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Since I'm feeling optimistic right now, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Amy will be released in early March, maybe April at the absolute latest. I think the reason why the window between 2B's announcement and release was so big is because they wanted to reveal her while the hype for the game was still high, even if they weren't finished developing her. Assuming that's the case, Amy's release shouldn't be as far from her inital reveal as 2B's was.

true. but you'd think they've been doing that all this time.

Namco is also fixing SCVI and giving updates on the game.

October 2018 - Game Releases
November 2018 - Voldo & Tira Bug Fix
December 2018 - Balance Patch #1 & 2B
January 2019 - Balance Patch #2
February 2019 - CaS Pack 1

Fair enough point, though I do wonder what the average for each stream was. Though of course nobody would expect SC to outperform Tekken in viewership of simultaneous pools at the same event. Still, it's still clear that the doom and gloom projections about VI's probable sales and durability were based more on people extrapolating from their own impressions than any concrete evidence.
My main is Raphy, second line - Mina (far range), Groh (close range).
For now, most Raphy streamers is leave Twitch an Youtube, active only BrianWu (lmYourFather, RETURN IN SC PLEASE!!)
All famous Groh streamers now leave Twitch an Youtube: introSpecterGames, OlcadansWrath, lONI (introSpecterGames, RETURN IN SC PLEASE!!)
Most Mina streamers is leave Twitch an Youtube, Kinseymister RETURN IN SC PLEASE!!
Most Talim streamers is leave Twitch an Youtube, WindCharmer RETURN IN SC PLEASE!!

Heck yeah, looks like we have a lot to look forward to. My only hope is that the marketing team can do a little better moving forward to keep players interested while we're waiting for content instead of going silent on us.

I think the plan was always to release in a glut like this to generate a large amount of hype. That kind if "feast or famine" marketing is common in media products and much as we on this forum all reasonably say we hate it and would rather, as super fans, have a steady stream of info, there's a method to the madness: a slow trickle of info doesn't pack as much oompf for the mass market, whereas stringing people along, desperate for information and then dropping lots at once does. But I think in this case there's a second cause: SC has not exactly been a cash cow in recent years and I think they needed a fair bit of market research and decent sales projections to decide where they were likely to land in terms of Namco bankrolling serialized content.

I believe that's also why they faked a leak (albeit in a comically obvious way) as a viral reveal of the second season pass--it's helpful also because it's free marketing that get people very invested through "sleuthing" and theorizing about the exact nature of the content, but it also allows them to drop those plans like a hot potato if necessary, without facing blowback from people who bought the base game anticipating more content; in that situation, Namco has plausible deniability/the ability to genuinely claim "Hey, we didn't announce anything!"

By the same token, once the first season pass is completely officially revealed and has firm release dates, the eyes of the consumers turn towards that issue. Altogether, they have lots of reasons for keeping a lid on the exact details and stretching out the reveals for marketing purposes. The complaints of superfans are reasonable and genuine at the same time, but I wouldn't expect Namco/PS to do a huge turn-about on how they've recently approached their marketied the content and signposted their announcements, and it's not because they are oblivious to the frustrations of the hardcore players, I don't think--it's more that they have geared their decisions towards the bigger picture, alas.

I wonder if once season 1 is finished if they'll release a complete edition or if they'll wait until after season 2. Right now in Canada the game is retailing for 39.99 so something like that could help bring the price tag back up to the standard 79.99

That's indeed an interesting question. I'm sure they have a team of analysts crunching numbers anew each week to figure that out: cash in on giving consumers another way to purchase or signal that the content is an ongoing thing but waiting until after season two? My guess is they go for the former: afterall, gamers are now used to choosing between two, three or even four editions of a given game and don't get as frustrated with the pricing shenanigans.

2B has been released 1 month and 3 weeks after her trailer dropped, so basically almost two months later.

Well, if Amy comes out on April 9, I'll be a happy enough customer. :) But I've got my fingers cross for March even so!

Last edited:
So how much you guys with "%" are believing into that supposed Season 2 datamine leak "Stone, Yell, Star, Snow, Reptile and Yellow."

I'm so divided about it, of course i want to believe on it, and why would they put this there other than to troll fans?Also how and why a season 2 stuff would be already there that soon.

Or could it be just simply related to the next DLC CaS? (i so really hope i'm wrong about this tho)

So how much you guys with "%" are believing into that supposed Season 2 datamine leak "Stone, Yell, Star, Snow, Reptile and Yellow."

I'm so divided about it, of course i want to believe on it, and why would they put this there other than to troll fans?Also how and why a season 2 stuff would be already there that soon.

Or could it be just simply related to the next DLC CaS? (i so really hope i'm wrong about this tho)

People who dug up the leak seem confident its actual characters and not something else. Although i'm curious what qualifies as "characters". Some of them could be bonus pallet swaps.

People who dug up the leak seem confident its actual characters and not something else. Although i'm curious what qualifies as "characters". Some of them could be bonus pallet swaps.

Yeah i though a bit about Bonus but that would be a bit wack, honestly i think fans would be a pissed to see a character as just a bonus character, i would be personally for setsu for example.

Also btw funny thing that Evo Jap winner is french and the character reveal is french too lol

triggered

the good thing is that I've recently switched to playing SC VI on my PS4. so I'll have to play through the individual Story modes again. which will keep me occupied, I guess, until Amy and then Cass arrive.

Yeah i though a bit about Bonus but that would be a bit wack, honestly i think fans would be a pissed to see a character as just a bonus character, i would be personally for setsu for example.

Also btw funny thing that Evo Jap winner is french and the character reveal is french too lol

yeah, I'd also be pissed if those leaked code names are just for bonus character swaps instead of actual characters. especially for Setsuka, who is the character I want the most after Cass and Amy.

Well, i dont know how much they care about pissing us off all things considered.

This is a lot of characters, its a big jump from this season.

Several of these characters could pass as pallet swaps. Not all of them like Setsuka but a lot of them could, or have been before.

Back