Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Rusted Blade

[10] Knight
Wasn’t criticising. Like I said, I’m genuinely intrigued by your tendency to do that kind of thing lol. Sorry for expressing it tho, I’ve clearly struck a nerve
No, it's fine, really. I'm sure I can be verbose now and again. I don't think that particular post was a great example of it, but I did (and do) take you at your word that you don't mean to be rude by it. And even my responses to Ninja and John are meant in good humour; I might disagree on where the line is and whether to critism is reasonable, but I'd rather respond with a counter-joke than be pissy about it.

David Blain

[05] Battler
It was a business decision. No other guest would have sold nearly as well as 2B, all things considered. As for the season pass being "4 waifu", the only other options were Rock, Li Long, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Aeon, Hwang, Algol, Hilde, and Dampierre. And among those, the other two most popular choices, Setsuka and Hilde, are also "waifu". So.... yeah. Business is business.
I partially agree, unprofitable games are doomed, so money rules the gaming world.
But the main problem of the "waufu" is that SC will not be able to compete with "DEAD OE ALIVE"
One of my youtube friends played for 2B and Ms MegaTits Taki. Now he has gone into "DEAD OE ALIVE" and is not going to return in SC

The copykin problem is not only in this game. Ryu and Ken in "Street Fighter", or lot of colored ninjas in early "Mortal Kombat"
However, other gamemakers gradually understood their mistakes, and gradually reduced the number of copikins or made from a copykins to full-fledged unique characters.
So I think re-publishing old copikins (Rock, LiLong) is a bad idea.

LOL, what? Now I'm not saying that you never saw a person suggest those two characters at some point, but "a lot" of people have been advocating for the Highlander? To the extent of their being better picks than Tira, Cassie, or Amy? I'm sorry, did I fall into a Soul Calibur-style time portal back to the mid-90's this morning, and not notice until now. Man, I say this even as someone who actually has two Highlander-based creations in their personally-created library right now: there's no way Duncan Macleod and friggin' Robin Hood are at the top of the list of most marketable potential Soul Calibur characters.
There is only one way to test your guess - direct voting poll of popularity.

GhostTear

[13] Hero
I'm unsure. I believe it's uncommon. I think it was deserved though because I've never seen that happen and it definitely was an error. I would be so disheartened if that happened to me. Like, he incurred a wallsplat then somehow ended up inside the low wall and then died by ring out.
one legendary time was when sonicfox faced go1 and go1 3-0 him (go1 was HOT) and then fox wanted to switch sides but that took like 7 to 10 minutes and cooled him off so bad cause fox 3-0 him back. lol

Rusted Blade

[10] Knight
On a different note, I had revelation earlier today about the one true universal of all soul Calibur games: useless currency just building up to ridiculous proportions once you've bought everything there is to buy in every aspect of the game.

Ave

[13] Hero
useless currency just building up to ridiculous proportions once you've bought everything there is to buy in every aspect of the game.
Tekken is far worse for this. In both T7 and T6 I can remember having bought everything in the game and still having millions of Fight Points left over

JohnMcKee

[14] Master
No, it's fine, really. I'm sure I can be verbose now and again. I don't think that particular post was a great example of it, but I did (and do) take you at your word that you don't mean to be rude by it. And even my responses to Ninja and John are meant in good humour; I might disagree on where the line is and whether to critism is reasonable, but I'd rather respond with a counter-joke than be pissy about it.
No hard feelings dude, me just jealous me's English not that good ^^

Zanaken

[10] Knight
I remember typing up shit loads on here years back, but I was purposefully trying to piss of some kids from the colonies.

Consider that you are getting master-trolled.

Robert_J_King

Royal Impact Style
"It looks to me like it was a legitimate ring out. Yoshi's move sent Asta over the wall and out of the ring but since they were so close to the barrier it had the wall splat animation after Asta was already out of the ring. That's really weird and I hope they fix that."

That’s pretty much gets your main point across, right?
You're right. I just tried it in Training Mode. Avoiding the puddle/jumping K rings out over low walls but it also wallsplats so sometimes it conflicts. I got a ring out with asta going inside the wall as well.

Ninjaguy446

[14] Master
Been losing a lot lately. Do I have to learn every character's block string to win?
If you're Sophitia, you need good fundamentals, and apart of that is punishment, so yes. Especially because Sophitia is the punishment character, so if you don't know how to stop block strings and punish people, then you're losing a lot of damage and letting them get away with murder.

RagingGhost

[10] Knight
They may do it sometime down the line (perhaps in a year or two) but I wouldn’t get my hopes up on that so soon.

The only reason I can think of anyone wanting SCVI on Switch (besides having more fighting games on the platform) is so Namco will throw in a console exclusive Nintendo guest on said platform (probably from Fire Emblem).

FUCK CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS, GUESTS OR NOT!!!
Not like they would have a choice: no Witcher games or Nier ones on the Switch.

wondersophitia

[06] Combatant
If you're Sophitia, you need good fundamentals, and apart of that is punishment, so yes. Especially because Sophitia is the punishment character, so if you don't know how to stop block strings and punish people, then you're losing a lot of damage and letting them get away with murder.
I see, I never really learn SC series properly. I thought she's beginner friendly lol. Man, scrolling over many character's move set that I don't care is gonna be tiring.