Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I forgot that Tokyo is over 12 hours ahead of the US...which has me thinking the likelihood of a Cassandra reveal is kind of 50/50. SC has a bigger following outside of Japan so announcing her when we're all asleep seems dumb but the event is the perfect place besides EVO to debut her?

So I forgot that Tokyo is over 12 hours ahead of the US...which has me thinking the likelihood of a Cassandra reveal is kind of 50/50. SC has a bigger following outside of Japan so announcing her when we're all asleep seems dumb but the event is the perfect place besides EVO to debut her?
The event still has a fair amount of time, and it will end at around the time that America is waking up. So if they reveal it at the end, it would be great timing.

The event still has a fair amount of time, and it will end at around the time that America is waking up. So if they reveal it at the end, it would be great timing.
True! I didn't realize it would be going on all day over there. Good for us, I guess! Maybe it'll even line up with their old 9am release times?

OFF: In my region are 00:37, in rest of my country is 02:27 A.M..
tumblr_mti04wpUSZ1sg1irgo1_400.gif

Cassandra announcement or no, I've been enjoying the hell out of this tournament. It's kind of a shame PlzNerfIvyZwel lost, hopefully will make a comeback from losers. I want him to reach top 8 just to see Okubo's reaction to the name. :D

But their matches have been my favorite so far, a wonderful Talim and a pretty good Kilik as well, but that Yoshimitsu was just too good.

Yeah that one got a huge backlash from the community, it was her RA is Vanilla they change it with FR Expansion.
Personally, I don't really see the problem. I mean, there's a long history of borrowed moves between characters within their franchises, SC in particular: I really don't see why it's suddenly an outrage if its done between the franchises.

Cassandra announcement or no, I've been enjoying the hell out of this tournament. It's kind of a shame PlzNerfIvyZwel lost, hopefully will make a comeback from losers. I want him to reach top 8 just to see Okubo's reaction to the name. :D

But their matches have been my favorite so far, a wonderful Talim and a pretty good Kilik as well, but that Yoshimitsu was just too good.
Presumably, PlzNerfIvyGroh was already taken by another entrant.

Personally, I don't really see the problem. I mean, there's a long history of borrowed moves between characters within their franchises, SC in particular: I really don't see why it's suddenly an outrage if its done between the franchises.

Yeah sure thing, in a sens it's not like it was something new, but in this case it was a Supermove and not a move, also at that time Tekken 7 had already a reputation of being "Lazy made game", with default costumes that were samey for +10 years in the series, porting the silly customization from TTT2 and cie, and then Josie showed up and she herself was sharing most of another Tekken character moves which was Bruce, and then that Critical that looked like Xiba's was just the ice in the cake so people blew up LOL

T7 really came far long to reach its right now good state, also the feedback helped quite a lot this game, so once again if you don't like something in a game you should speak it up, because that game won't improve with silence, definitely not.

Can we reasonably expect an announcement here?

If Evo was far away i would say 80% we'll have a reveal, since Evo is too close i'll say 0,01%

Last edited:
A bit of a tease, but I think they were just talking about the end, after top 8, that's when he'll be there.
Ahhh, ok. Seemed like there was a stir in the hangers about in the background around the same time they were talking about it--threw me for a loop.

On a different note (and piggyback on what you were saying before), I'm enjoying the matches, but like pretty much every SC tournament ever streamed, I find it could be better in terms of the casters and the quality of the broadcast generally. Actually, I reckon these guys are a little better than average. And I think AliciaxLife isn't half bad as well. But just generally I feel like SC (or fighters generally) have hit a level as an e-sport where the presentation is a fully professional broadcast. It probably doesn't help that the only other two e-sports titles I watch are StarCraft II and Rocket League, which two of the best funded events and presentation, which benefits from heavy involvement from the game maker. So we are grading on a curve here, I guess. Still...I sometimes turn the sound off and turn on some beats because the commentary is so wandering, or stilted, or awkward, or way behind the action, or otherwise off-putting.

Edit: Oh yeah, see, Okubo is there! Looks like he is just spectating though--the stir in the audience must have been just for him entering the room.

Back