Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So are we thinking it'll be just Cassandra and thats it at EVO? Hmmm i dont know, that seems pretty bad if its strictly a reveal with no release. If it is going to be that, they damn well better reveal season 2 along with it.

So are we thinking it'll be just Cassandra and thats it at EVO? Hmmm i dont know, that seems pretty bad if its strictly a reveal with no release. If it is going to be that, they damn well better reveal season 2 along with it.

if they don't give a release for cassandra then they should be booed. That's just terrible marketing. Soon does not cut it anymore when we've waited extra for cassandra.

First off just curious, what do you want them to say btw in that case?

Also i'm not saying i'm enjoying the silent, i'm saying i'd rather silence then full reveal rather than the 2 seconde gif / ingame screen each 2 weeks

Fair point, compadre.

Hmm, you know, I'm probably one of the weird ones, but every two weeks I don't mind the a screenshot or two or some gif, but if it's paired with a few words of dev comentary about decisions etc. It makes the process seem more like a dialogue than a "puff and it's done" deal, especially when there is actual room for comments from the community during development.

I know, I've been spoiled by some awesome indie devs at this point. But hey, community feedback is always good to have, on each step of the road, I believe.

Do you think that the reveal will be before or after final ? ( damn , finals starts at 5am in France ugh.. )
Almost every reveal last year was after a game's finals. The only exception was SC6 which was before Tekken's finals (probably because they didn't want to have SC and Tekken news side by side). So I'm gonna say it will happen after the SC6 finals.

Fair point, compadre.

Hmm, you know, I'm probably one of the weird ones, but every two weeks I don't mind the a screenshot or two or some gif, but if it's paired with a few words of dev comentary about decisions etc. It makes the process seem more like a dialogue than a "puff and it's done" deal, especially when there is actual room for comments from the community during development.

I know, I've been spoiled by some awesome indie devs at this point. But hey, community feedback is always good to have, on each step of the road, I believe.
Way better than having random community posts like "Taki or Mitsurugi" or "Caption This"

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of how DLC announcements should be handled, it's time settle this with science... by making a poll!

There are only two options:
  • Everything shrouded in secrecy with months of silence until everything about a character is revealed in one event. Basically, what Namco is doing right now.
  • Character names revealed early (say, when season pass first became purchasable) with some kind of information about a character every month (for instance, artwork one month, screenshots the next, gameplay footage after that, and then finally the release after that).

Vote now! https://www.strawpoll.me/18408628

It’s so strange to me that SCVI didn’t get even a fraction of the PR and advertising tactics Bandai Namco used to promote Tekken. As a PR professional myself, it’s maddening to watch this campaign unfold, mostly because the hardcore community knows full well what to expect thanks to data mining but the general public/casual SC players have moved on to MK11 or other games since there’s no end to the season pass in sight. Most people are not going to return even if we get a huge announcement at EVO because they’ve basically thrown out all the hype they’ve created over the past year and a half with these three months of silence.

It’s so strange to me that SCVI didn’t get even a fraction of the PR and advertising tactics Bandai Namco used to promote Tekken. As a PR professional myself, it’s maddening to watch this campaign unfold, mostly because the hardcore community knows full well what to expect thanks to data mining but the general public/casual SC players have moved on to MK11 or other games since there’s no end to the season pass in sight. Most people are not going to return even if we get a huge announcement at EVO because they’ve basically thrown out all the hype they’ve created over the past year and a half with these three months of silence.

Exactly just like the lesson SFV has just learned without communication or some context of what fans actually want they’re wasting valuable time and money.

Capcom have been silent for 8 months for E.Honda poison and Lucia...
I’m sure they have a clue on what could have brought more hype or what fans were actually looking for.

Japan need to learn one of the most successful elements of consumerism is communication.
This silent treatment is old skool and can back fire really really badly.

I’m nervous for SC6, this is go time for them. they need this attention now more than ever.
And I pray they don’t pass up the opportunity to reward loyalty or at least engage with its community.

They really need to step up their game with how they’re communicating towards the community. Otherwise it means they’re going to be losing more players (and money) than they’re going to be gaining if this is their way of handling their DLC moving forward. But honestly, it might be too late to bring back a majority of the playerbase even with a Cassandra reveal. Especially since rival games like MK11 have been going quite strong right now despite it’s rocky release and has already announced four of their six DLC characters on the Kombat Pack in a relatively short time, two of which being revealed and one of them being out.

What annoys me most about Bamco communication with SC is when they do those Japanese only tweet, it's even more LEL for a franchise that is way more successful in West compare to Japan.

What annoys me most about Bamco communication with SC is when they do those Japanese only tweet, it's even more LEL for a franchise that is way more successful in West compare to Japan.

Meanwhile bamco are still figuring out if its worth tweeting in english...
In All seriousness, it really wouldn't kill them to show a bit more once in a while.

I'm surprised they are so quiet happily.

I think it’s too late to recapture the casuals who left. It’s time to batten down the hatches and appeal to everyone who stuck with the game.

They have nothing to lose, as more DLC will increase the price of the game (for the complete package) and those who find the game at a later date with have more stuff to buy.

It’s not like they are going to create brand new expensive dlc characters.

The only way I see them getting a sizable new player base is with a relaunch/expansion like dark resurrection or arcade edition SFV, etc

Meanwhile bamco are still figuring out if its worth tweeting in english...
In All seriousness, it really wouldn't kill them to show a bit more once in a while.

I'm surprised they are so quiet happily.

Tbh i don't want them to show anything of Cassandra until she's reveal, maybe a small screen tease like something relate to her like a shield, i don't like the Ed Boon way of showing 1 second part of Nightwolf for 2 months.

But i agree that communication need to get better overall. It got better by a bit but still need to do better, i didn't forget about when non of SC or Bamco twitters didn't even made tweet about Groh, X, Kilik, & Night trailers back in January, it's at that time i realize that Marketing and communication were handled by true TOP TIERS Morons at Bamco.

EDIT: In the other hand:

Gotta say that's a cool way of communication from Ed Boon, they even put all the tweets fans asking for DLC in this tease, nice touch

Last edited:
Back