Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So.. who are we all expecting to fill the slots for Season 2?
And most importantly, how likely are Hilde's chances?
Hwang, Haohmaru, and Setsuka for sure. The last slot is contested, but I think it’ll be Aeon or Rock.
I don’t believe Hilde has much of a chance, unless we get a season three that doesn’t have a guest in it.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
I would obviously love for hwang to be in. But people are assuming a yellow background color means that he is in. The yellow codename could be something completely different for all we know

Okay, I surrender. Yellow is Dampierre, Pink is Nakoruru and probably gray colors is dark skined naked female Rock.. :sc2tal2:

I spit my coffee out at the dark skinned naked female Rock! That will almost never happen haha but I know someone desperately wants it for some reason. Would rather have Rock over a gender swap!

Begone any similar Christie montierro clones from soulcalibur!

@DanteSC3 fix your typo! U meant Hilde, not Setsuka, in the text with the strike through ;)
That was a pretty silly typo. I argued with myself! Maybe going senile... :sc2cha2:

If we get rock over setsuka, I will spray paint my hand silver.
Rock over Hilde, not Setsuka. Setsuka's pink for sure. :sc3set1:

I would obviously love for hwang to be in. But people are assuming a yellow background color means that he is in. The yellow codename could be something completely different for all we know
But we convinced you that Hwang means Yellow in two languages at least! It's gonna happen. :sc3hwang1:

Are you telling me that because there is rock in the backgrounds of the sunken desert ruins, rock ISN'T a lock?! Blasphemy!
Are you sure that's a rock? It might be a lizard... :sc2liz4:

Christie montierro
Why you hate my characters??
96fbd53adac44baa31a925486fb7804d.gif

It's not stated per se that Aeon consumed Kratos, but the fact Aeon canonically inherits "the nature of those he consumed. Each time he tasted the blood of new prey, his body and soul were transformed" along with the fact he has some of Kratos's moves and wields two axes make the connection quite obvious.

Just because it's not stated clearly in SCV doesn't mean the hints aren't there for a reason (e.g. Nightmare being Raphael, Viola being Amy).
Woops, thought I sent this reply yesterday.

Well, if they were going to add the connection, it would have to be through subtext like that, since there's no way Namco was going to pay a licensing fee to reference Kratos, just for the sake of saying Lizardman made a snack out of him! I guess it would explain why his wings were more avian than reptilian. Still, as I said before, I'm just looking to be clear about where things overtly said by the narrative end and fan speculation begins, even if there is some overlap insofar as something might be delivered by subtext. To be honest, it was pretty ballsy of Project Soul to have blatantly re-used the moveset, considering it was based on content developed by another company, and they may have seen it as a violation of either the wording of the licensing agreement or the spirit in which it was entered into. Then again, maybe they did get permission--but I kind of doubt it, on account of the Jaffe factor. All I know is that it reflects a very particular moment in the series: I can't imagine the current Project Soul team trying to get away with using Geralt's moveset for a completely unrelated character in SCVII.

@sytus I don't know, homes: if I'm honest, it seems equal parts nerdy, illogical, and pointless to argue the fictional capabilities of the various characters. You're never going to be able to empirically compare the PSI of lizardman's bite vs. the stopping power of Kratos' whatever the f---. They both come from fantasy worlds where their powers are pretty much defined by what the narrative requires of them in a given moment (plus wherever you are on the development of the skill tree for Kratos). There's very little rhyme or reason to any of it, and even if it were consistent, it would still be untestable as to which is "stronger", their both being fictional characters and all.

Yeah, yeah, he's a "demi-god", whatever. But what do you call a person who takes a seven-foot long/foot and a half wide sword to the face fifty times in a row, punctuated by being dropped off a cliff, and climbs/teleports up to the top of the cliff again, all without breaking a sweat or showing a scratch, while their armor is literally blasted off their bodies by the force of those same blows? That is to say, any and every Soulcalibur character. Also, I've only played one and half games in the God of War franchise, and I've seen Kratos die twice at least: it doesn't seem like the lore really protects him, even if we were going to try to be cannon zealots. Anyway, any time a comic-booky fantasy warrior gets adapted into another work, you have to live with the conceit that their power is being normalized: its baked into the gameplay if nothing else.

Last edited:
I want to say that I am shocked that that Tweet doesn't have many negative replies like past Tweets have gotten.

...Probably because the first season pass is done and everyone has calmed down.
And because we know there will also be a season two with one character already confirmed and each character release is also a CaS release too, so it's two in one. I'm happy knowing we will have at least three more SC veterans returning, it's just a question of who though.

I don't know, homes: if I'm honest, it seems equal parts nerdy, illogical, and pointless to argue the fictional capabilities of the various characters. You're never going to be able to empirically compare the PSI of lizardman's bite vs. the stopping power of Kratos' whatever the f---. They both come from fantasy worlds where their powers are pretty much defined by what the narrative requires of them in a given moment (plus wherever you are on the development of the skill tree for Kratos). There's very little rhyme or reason to any of it, and even if it were consistent, it would still be untestable as to which is "stronger", their both being fictional characters and all.

Yeah, yeah, he's a "demi-god", whatever. But what do you call a person who takes a seven-foot long/foot and a half wide sword to the face fifty times in a row, punctuated by being dropped off a cliff, and climbs/teleports up to the top of the cliff again, all without breaking a sweat or showing a scratch, while their armor is literally blasted off their bodies by the force of those same blows? That is to say, any and every Soulcalibur character. Also, I've only played one and half games in the God of War franchise, and I've seen Kratos die twice at least: it doesn't seem like the lore really protects him, even if we were going to try to be cannon zealots. Anyway, any time a comic-booky fantasy warrior gets adapted into another work, you have to live with the conceit that their power is being normalized: its baked into the gameplay if nothing else.

Thing is when you've played all the games to hell and back you can't help but see the theory as absurd. There's even more absurdity if you consider all the power Kratos absorbed that would also be absorbed by Aeon as that would make him a god. It's more about what is plausible and considering the actual biography of Aeon his evolution happened outside of the non cannon guest character.

Back