Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

They were lazy about making a new style for Aeon and just threw Kratos's on him and mentioned in his bio that he can eat things and steal their powers.

That's really all there is to it, it's not a massive leap in logic that that's what would be inferred, except there is the note that he probably got the fire breathing by eating a dragon or something. But it's still very obviously Kratos, so if he didn't eat Kratos, then he probably saw Kratos and ate things with his powers to emulate him like Yun-seong wanted to do for Hwang. It's not a massive leap in logic to simplify it and say he just got a chunk of Kratos meat.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
Man I said it once and I’ll say it again. Aeon is going to have a retcon because he’s going to consume energy from the conduit when he knocks them down into the ravine when they show up after the Maxi and Astaroth conclusion and Maxi stumbles into the ravine and tears his jacket. He wounds the conduit that they are out for a couple of days. Just a lick of a super astral fissure charged blood can morph him into Aeon. He would become the Alpha to all the Lessers and it would be nice if he turns against the Culist enthralling his fellow kin from their many locations, even capture some to make more lesser Lizardmen. Hell if we keep the community support coming in the future they could make a new rival Lizardman lol.

I wondered if the Xi sword and shield human/lizard man could share the same move set and he just be known to be a animalistic warrior. Biting into his foes and squirming around on the ground like a lizard(This is Soul Calibur after all and Lizardman has become a gag character) It’s just SUSPICIOUS that they would leave him unfinished and not have released him at this point. It was a deliberate cancelation because I think their is a larger census of people who want the dual axe and not another sword and shield user.

I keep playing Cassandra’s chronicle and I also wondered at her comment that she and Sophitia’s husband will help in the coming endeavors. Do you think she will whip him into shape and he take the place of Pat?

I keep playing Cassandra’s chronicle and I also wondered at her comment that she and Sophitia’s husband will help in the coming endeavors. Do you think she will whip him into shape and he take the place of Pat?
I doubt it. I know it's just a stand-in style, but Rothion using a staff weapon seems odd that he would take up the sword and shield and fight like Patroklos.

Why change Rothion when they could put a bread warrior instead..
pDF9dNM.jpg

Why change Rothion when they could put a bread warrior instead..
View attachment 65192
I'll never stop saying it but please, for the sake of all that is good and great PLEASE give us bread warrior Lucius.
I respect them getting old characters first, but I can't help but fascinate about him in the game since I first saw him.
We still haven't got a particularly young male or anything along those lines and well... Sophitia's family has made it pretty apparent they run the show by now.

Plz with joke weapons "Bakers Son"

"Get bready for battle!"
"Hate? I loaf you!"
"My name's Lucius, baguette it memorised."
"I'll slice you!"
"Ice, thunder, sand...wich would you like to taste?"
"No pain, no tartine." (This one for the French speaking folks)

(I'm already out of here, no need for tomatoes)

Last edited:
The only way I see them adding a brand new character is if this new character is someone we've seen before or if they are related to one of the characters like bread boy.

Like how the hell are you supposed to introduce a "naked, brown skinned barbarian woman"? Has she been hiding in the bushes watching everybody fight this whole time? What's the point of adding a new character who doesn't interact with anyone else in the story? It's why I forget that Ezio is even a thing. He's just "there" in SoulCalibur V along with so much of the veteran cast who has no storymode appearance!

After playing a bit on PS4, I got curious what the input lag difference is compared to PC, as even the menus in the PS4 version feel laggier than on PC.

Short answer: Looks like it's 3 frames slower on PS4 (aka 50 ms). Which is pretty significant, especially with the overall input lag being 90ms (as measured by WydD).

Long answer...

Since the method relied on recording footage of both versions at the same time, I decided to compare loading times too for the heck of it.

Loading times:
Title screen to main menu on PC: 7.4 seconds
Title screen to main menu on PS4: 17.1 seconds (that network thingie takes its sweet time)

Main menu to character select on PC: 6.8 seconds
Main menu to character select on PS4: 11 seconds

Stage select to ingame on PC: 14.4 seconds
Stage select to ingame on PS4: 20.6 seconds

Average input delay difference: 3 frames slower on PS4 (aka 50 milliseconds slower)

I don't have an easy way to test the total input delay on a specific platform, but WydD on twitter tested the total input delay for the PS4 as being 90.4ms at launch.

Here's the PC I used for the test: i7-4790k, gtx 1080, 16gb ram, Win 7 64-bit, SC6 installed to an SSD

The PS4 is a PS4 Pro with a stock harddrive and I used an Intensity Pro 4K with PtBi to capture the PS4 footage. This capture card has an extremely low amount of capture latency. The lag with the capture card is less than 1 frame based on my tests (I had PS4 running with an HDMI splitter leading to capture card and a monitor, and they both showed the same frame in a 60fps game).

I did the input test by having two PS4 controllers connected to the PC and PS4 (wired to PC, wireless to PS4) and then trying to press the same button at the same time (I did this many times and got the average, which should be a good indicator for what the actual difference is).

Looks like it's 3 frames slower on PS4 (aka 50 ms). Which is pretty significant, especially with the overall input lag being 90ms

You do know 5.4 frames is still fantastic and isn't in the dreaded 8 frames of lag meme. Also keep in mind that SC6 on PC being around 2.4 frames (wherever you got that measurement from) is S-tier input lag that is better than the SF2 arcade board which is 4 frames and SF3 arcade board which is 3.5 frames.

Fighting Game Input Lag Graph.png

You do know 5.4 frames is still fantastic and isn't in the dreaded 8 frames of lag meme. Also keep in mind that SC6 on PC being around 2.4 frames (wherever you got that measurement from) is S-tier input lag that is better than the SF2 arcade board which is 4 frames and SF3 arcade board which is 3.5 frames.

View attachment 65196
Not sure I would call it fantastic when it's among the worst compared to all other fighting games on PS4.

And I don't know what the exact input lag is on PC. All I know is that it seems to be 50ms faster than PS4. If I knew how WydD measured input lag (the big question is what monitor he uses), then I could try to get a good guess what the total PC input lag is.

Not sure I would call it fantastic when it's among the worst compared to all other fighting games on PS4.

It's not about being one of the worst, it's about what is acceptable for competitive play. 5.4 frames is still fantastic for a fighting game and not the awful 8 frames that SFV and T7 were suffering with before the big UE4 patch. I'm more curious if Project Soul intentionally put in delay for the PS4 version so offline and online have parity with input lag. Besides SC6 on PS4 feels more responsive than SC4 on PS3 and way way more responsive than SC5 on PS3 (seriously SC5 offline input lag is complete ass with no ability to turn it off).

I’m going to open this can of worms today. I have Daniel as one of my created characters and wondered if he was in the Aval Organization. I been wondering how they could include Viola into the story a new way? With Season two there could be a possibility that the timeline moves further back to include Soul Blade events and lead to a Cervantes Boss battle rather than a Nightmare. But what if Viola was put into the Soul Blade timeline just in a new Azwel arc? Azwel and Daniel have a striking comparison to me of Aizen and Tosen. Daniel also supports Aizen for many years in his experiments. What if they captured Viola and made a clone of her through Amy? I still wonder from the portrait of him looking into the crystal ball and in the background there is Amy being held by him. Azwel may seem like he speaks in circles but he’s normally very frank. After seeing the orb shine and remark, “You were once little more than a living doll, but now you are so very human.” The possibility that he can be cloning himself since we saw him die in Astral Chaos after fighting the Conduit. And after the battle with Amy you can see him wounded and fall out. But suddenly he appears clapping from another direction. It has to be two of them in that portrait. It makes it very possible that both Azwel and Daniel could return in the future. But also makes me more inclined to believe that Viola is his prisoner and used for expirments because of her power.

And as far as models go for the Soul Blade era, they could just add more hair and costumes. Cervantes could end up with a normal body skin similar to how you can make Nightmare with or without the arm.

Back