Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

btw this is the perfect spot to preview the next DLC character.

Yeah I imagine there will be some sort of DLC annoucement.

If they plan to do more of these I think it would be a good idea to have a qualifier tournament in each region rather than have players go out to Vegas in the hopes of being the 8th person.

A little addendum to the story illustrations I posted as I did forget 2 portraits. The Cassandra DLC added a bunch of new Cassandra portraits, but it also replaced the two Cassandra portraits from the main game with redrawn ones:
ID_017_001.png

ID_017_005.png

The portrait edits are baffling to me.

Did another artist have to make the changes under a strict time limit?
Parts of it look like they weren’t even working from the original .psd file.

I think there's a new artist doing them. It isn't just Cassandra though Amy has the same problem with her new artwork, though it less noticeable you can see the difference in shading of her hair and the awful thick black outlines. If there isn't a new artist then I can only speculate that the portrait art has hit budget cuts or at worst the original artist no longer cares about being consistent with the rest of their work (though I doubt the later because you wouldn't modify the original Cassandra art if this was the case).

ID_02D_030_020.png

Thank God its a holiday on Monday. Not gonna miss nothing!

But serious question. How salty will ya'll be if its another female? And that female was Setsuka? Would it be bitter sweet or rage inducing.

Just saying cause i want my 2nd main already.

Thank God its a holiday on Monday. Not gonna miss nothing!

But serious question. How salty will ya'll be if its another female? And that female was Setsuka? Would it be bitter sweet or rage inducing.

Just saying cause i want my 2nd main already.
There's no reason not to have another female character. Sure, the first season pass was entirely female but the base roster is a sausage fest so I don't see the harm.
And I'm very excited about the Setsuka possibility, she's among my favorites. I'm just worried I'm gonna hate her design. Guaranteed she also got implants and will be wearing 75% less kimono 🙄.

There's no reason not to have another female character. Sure, the first season pass was entirely female but the base roster is a sausage fest so I don't see the harm.
And I'm very excited about the Setsuka possibility, she's among my favorites. I'm just worried I'm gonna hate her design. Guaranteed she also got implants and will be wearing 75% less kimono 🙄.

I feel some people will get triggered by it. My heart says it will be Hwang or hopefully Aeon (2 axes or bust).

But I would be deeply sadden if they don't keep the kimino design. god she is drop dead gorgeous in SC3

I can't be disappointed with Setsuka since she's an essential piece to complete the SC3 trio. That being said I hope she's looking more like how she did in SC3 and not the blond ho she was in SC4

I predict Setsuka will come with a costume surprisingly in-line with her SCIII 1P, and we'll get her SCIV 1P as bonus, just like Amy and Cassandra. Considering most of the cast is designed to be pretty similar to their SCI/earliest appearances (Tira, Cassandra, Yoshimitsu, Seong Mina come to mind as characters whose designs changed a lot, but for good reason), it makes sense for Setsuka to make her comeback in an outfit more like her SCIII debut. Whether she's blonde or brunette, I can't say. I understand they might want to avoid accusations of creating a character that (at face value completely ignoring the context of her story) is a European woman dressed up as a really sexy geisha.

Back