Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@FluffyQuack

Regarding Soul Calibur Legends would you be a kind gentleman and dump the in game art assets if possible? As someone who (unfortunately) played through Legends there's artwork, specifically the portrait artwork that hasn't been archived anywhere on the internet.
This zip contains the dialogue portraits and some other assets.

The resolution is low (and aspect ratio looks wrong too), but the image quality is fairly high. I imagine with a de-dither filter you could probably get these looking pretty good with an AI upscale algorithm.

Attachments

• legends.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 173
Man the portrait art really is much lower in resolution than I thought it would be but thanks for the images anyway.
How about this?

Taki_rlt-cartoon-5000-50.png

Just heard on TheMainManSWE stream that Michael Murry who works on Tekken mentioned recently that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 nearly killed the series. Seems that Soul Calibur wasn't the only franchise in the dumps around that period.
Didn't people waited ages in anticipation for TTT2? Makes me surprised that it dipped so low (then again I was never interested in Tekken so I might got it all wrong)

3.6GB update for Soulcalibur on xbox one?
Anyother platforms?
I just got it today.

EDIT:
Just an Xbox specific fix it seems or some nonsense.
Nothing special I think.

Last edited:
Didn't people waited ages in anticipation for TTT2? Makes me surprised that it dipped so low (then again I was never interested in Tekken so I might got it all wrong)

As a casual I absolutely loved Tag 2. However, it seemed to fall under the radar. It wasn't a terrible release date but it seems a lot of other games grabbed a lot of attention. You know those typical AAA shooters and shit.

But it seems the game just wasn't too much fun on a competitive level, perhaps there was just too much going on or the game was too hard/too complex.

Tekken 7 simplified a lot of that

It's most likely because TTT2 has too much cheap shit in it, with the bound system and combo extenders through the tag system just leads to a chaotic juggle fest. I've got the game but I've never really been into the whole tag system so I've seldom played it, plus King of Fighters system does a much better job when it comes to teams.

Back