Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@SSfox 👍👍👍 here you are, friend!
#MakeSoulCalibur6GreatAgain
DahkevgX4AArvw4.jpg

Damn i just realize it's Tuesday, and even almost Wednesday, i didn't realize how much we're so coming so close at the Invitational!!

Probably gonna be a dope tournament to the very least with some big announcement, maybe the release date for season 2 will finally be announce here with the reveal of the first character.

Like maybe this guy maybe?
1572381718502.jpeg

SCV's character design reflected the campy absurdity that made the series great. Definitely missing costumes like Viola's 2P, Patroklos' 2P, Hilde's 1P + 2P and more.
I think ZWEI is pretty much the outlier in all this. While I do like ZWEI, I can’t really say either of his designs were all that great.

Agree SC5 costumes and artworks were outstanding, tho too bad the transition to the 3D characters model weren't that good and loyal for some characters.
Well, they are honestly a step up in comparison to 4’s. While they are a bit shiny and don’t work as well with the lighting, at least they looked less like they were covered in grease or sweat. The stages on the other hand look beautiful so there’s a positive right there.

Unrelated note, I find it funny that the character designer of SCIV is the director of SCVI. It explains so many things...

Not that I'm complaining.
He was a gameplay character designer on SCIV, so I doubt he was involved in outfit designs. I'm not sure who's responsible for all of the outfit designs. I suspect Kawano is one of the primary ones as you see a lot of his sketches in SC artbooks, and he's been involved in every SC since SC1. Hideo Yoshie was art director on SC5 and 6 so surely he had a lot of say. The art director on SC3 and 4 also worked on 5 and 6, but only as "visual supervisor."

He was a gameplay character designer on SCIV, so I doubt he was involved in outfit designs. I'm not sure who's responsible for all of the outfit designs. I suspect Kawano is one of the primary ones as you see a lot of his sketches in SC artbooks, and he's been involved in every SC since SC1. Hideo Yoshie was art director on SC5 and 6 so surely he had a lot of say. The art director on SC3 and 4 also worked on 5 and 6, but only as "visual supervisor."
Huh, weird I could've sworn I heard it before. Anyways, three more days until the moment of truth!

Back