Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Even though I am on Steam and I do have the season pass 2 bought I still won’t be able to play it until early tomorrow morning so I’m probably just going to peace out for now to avoid spoilers.

I spent all my money on duel links and I won't wait until tomorrow to buy the pass, so I will buy the DLC separately
depositphotos_118714142-stock-photo-woman-with-cart-shopping.jpg

I'll be back when I finish Hilde's Soul Chronicle. Bye s2

SCVI UIs Season 2.jpg

So, here is a current evolution of SCVI's UI! From first alpha to Season 2!
(Click for full resolution)

Honestly, I still love the old design of it! It looks like illustrations in a old books or scrolls, which is very suitable for the atmosphere of the game, because the whole motive of the whole series is the books themselves. Of course, in the previous installments they used silver frames with ornaments, which is also suited the style, but I was somehow tired of this design compared to this look.

And so, here we are! With good old ornament on the release, but instead of silver they chose bronze, which is also not bad, but I will miss the old design of the book illustration. I will not argue, they corrected alot of things. They make LifeBar wider, remove unnecessary points, ect. Of course, many elements of the old design went here too. Like a sun as a time limit! I must admit, this is pretty clever, because before the advent of the clock, it was the sun that took part in determining the time.

And now, a new season, a new UI design! Well, here the developers decided to play on nostalgia and made an old silver ornament design, like in SCII or SCIII. The sun was replaced by the symbol of the Holy Roman Empire, which is also behind the characters select section. Although I said that I was a little bored with the old silver design, now I must confess that I fell in love with this new design! It seems to be standard, but it has something fresh or brighter. It’s hard to describe. Interesting innovation: Weapon icon under the character name. In fact, before the release of a full the update list in 2.0.0, I had one idea about Team Battle. In my opinion, in Team Battle, instead of character icons, they can use weapon icons. Or, the original characters can use their standard portraits, and weapons icons can be used for a custom characters! Why think so about it? Well, because "Team Battle" mode began to fade from part due to the difficulty with custom characters icons, I think. Although, this is just my imagination.

I can't be the only one thinking Wilhelm was going to become Z.W.E.I. right? With all that wolf talk and constantly showing a one handed sword really made me think so. The guy also looks like a total edgelord too.

Edit: My bad, added a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
omg the new infinite meadow stage??
i'm guessing we'll be getting it as part of the season pass at some point

it looks so good i want it now ughgh

Hey, can someone fill me in on Hilde's story?

I won't be able to download S2 until Thursday, so I'll appreciate details to hold me over. Thanks.

Durer training Hilde
George von Krone become a malfested
Hilde become the queen
New edgelord who looks like Z.W.E.I. 2P
Gerhilde appear
She appears as a child using her 2P from SC IV and during the end is wearing her 1P from SC IV.

there are more things but I don't want to ruin your fun. Hilde doesn't have many battles against npcs, but her story is quite long. Her story covers the years from 1583 to 1588.

I won't be able to download S2 until Thursday, so I'll appreciate details to hold me over. Thanks.
you sure you want it spoiled? it's actually among the best written ones i feel, i would rather wait if i were in your shoes knowing what I know about it

Hi Guys I've started getting my friends into soulcalibur, but the game can be kind of intimidating at first. Does anyone know any good youtubers or videos that break down the game for beginners? And I mean like brand new, I'm a casual in the most extreme sense so it would also be helpful to me thanks!

Back