Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Okay, I hope they stop with this new trend of auras for special stances/states with characters. Especially when it comes to Setsuka, she doesn't need that crap. I know she'll get something new, but I pray it won't change her a lot from the character I knew and loved playing as in SCIV & SCIII.

Seriously. I also hope that Cassandra loses Divine Force moving into SoulCalibur VII. It's just silly and doesn't make sense for her. Amy's roses kind of work in a way, adds some flair in a way that isn't off-putting. But Cassandra commanding the elements is just bizarre when she was always a no-nonsense (butt attacks notwithstanding) brutal brawler.

I have this feeling that you guys are going to be annoyed and upset with the next dlc characters.....

Every DLC character except Tira (base roster cut content) has had something flashy and eye popping as part of their style.

Sadly I expect the same thing for everybody going forward. Hell I think they patched in some flashy stuff for sophitia, mitsu and other base characters for season 2!

Yeah i noticed while ago that someone at PS is a huge GG and BB fan, specially the one that was in charge of working on Azwel.

I have this feeling that you guys are going to be annoyed and upset with the next dlc characters.....

Every DLC character except Tira (base roster cut content) has had something flashy and eye popping as part of their style.

Sadly I expect the same thing for everybody going forward. Hell I think they patched in some flashy stuff for sophitia, mitsu and other base characters for season 2!
I mean, Tira literally starts glowing in coda, as does nightmare. Nightmare was one of the flashiest characters on launch, as was siegfried, and obviously Azwel and Groh. Ivy wasn't exactly normal either. But yeah, I noticed that each character got progressively more and more flashy. Amy wasn't too bad, cas is throwing around lightning like zeus, and Hilde is glowing pretty much 24/7

Thank you though I thought your opponent was being booted much higher than that similar to how Maxi was about a year ago on the grassland stage.

Turns out it was pretty easy to make a mod making it possible to access the new stage in Hilde's Soul Chronicle in every mode:

The same method does not work for accessing other story-only stages (the game ends up loading a default stage instead), which makes me think Project Soul either intended to make this available in other modes, or it's something they'll be adding to other modes in a future patch.

I accidentally discovered that Hilde's 4AA and 6BBB can combo on normal hit if you press the inputs a certain way, these are only supposed to combo on counter hit. She has 4AK, which is supposed to combo on normal hit, but if you press 4AkA by quickly releasing the K, it will result in 4AA being a normal hit combo. For 6BBB, you have to press the last B as late as possible, as if it's a just frame the first hit has to be at tip range. These have to be unintentional because there is no reason to input 4AA the normal way and it seems to happen randomly for 6BBB. The command list info for her 4B+KB LH is wrong, you actually have to guard crush with 4B+KB instead of guard crushing with any other move and then doing 4B+KB afterwards.

Also, this happened:

Last edited:
Seriously. I also hope that Cassandra loses Divine Force moving into SoulCalibur VII. It's just silly and doesn't make sense for her. Amy's roses kind of work in a way, adds some flair in a way that isn't off-putting. But Cassandra commanding the elements is just bizarre when she was always a no-nonsense (butt attacks notwithstanding) brutal brawler.
Even then the Roses feel very pretty tacked on. It’s like it’s just a lame excuse to differentiate her more from Raphael. Hell, Amy users themselves fucking hate the roses too.

Last edited:
Even then the Roses feel very pretty tacked on. It’s like it’s just a lame excuse to differentiate her more from Raphael. Hell, Amy users themselves fucking hate the roses too.
I am an Amy user, and I’m torn between whether or not it’s worth keeping around. It does add another layer to her kit, whether or not it’s really necessary. I like the new moves she’s got now too, and she’s definitely far more stylish than she’s ever been. I got accustomed to using the roses, and it doesn’t feel weird, not like Cassandra anyway.

Yeah I honestly hope the roses die by the next game. I love Amy and she has the moves I love, but it gets to a point where going for roses just isn't really fun. Its an interesting play but I hate idea of not really having complete access to a character and needing to constantly fulfill conditions each match just to get started. Becomes more annoying than fun eventually. Its not a great way to differentiate her either I think.
Obviously they wouldn't take them away in this game but if they were going to do that I gladly would have been open to whatever changes etc that must come.
I've met a few people who don't play Amy (anymore) and whenever I spoke to them their reason was the roses up to now.
Regardless I'm sticking with her until I can ride off the Hwang/Viola/ZWEI/Rock train.

I am an Amy user, and I’m torn between whether or not it’s worth keeping around. It does add another layer to her kit, whether or not it’s really necessary. I like the new moves she’s got now too, and she’s definitely far more stylish than she’s ever been. I got accustomed to using the roses, and it doesn’t feel weird, not like Cassandra anyway.
Its a new layer and an interesting one to be fair. I honestly guess it varies by person. I like it from a style perspective almost completely, but I would have liked it more if like some of the rapier intros etc from SC3 were remade and with her holding a rose or something rather than it being subjected to literally being gameplay.

I donno, guys...

I really love the gimmick concepts in SC6. Its really feels like something fresh to SC formula! I wish they continue to evolve this concepts with character exclusive mechanics in sc7, but not goes to hardcore into it.

If they remove it entirely from sc7, its will be like SC3 agian...

And, yeah, I know your point about "it makes a game to flashy and goofy "
But, let me ask you something: How fighting game with windgirls, "Elvis Presley" with nunchucks, mutated knights, lizardmen and superloyal bdsm freak cannot be goofy? Its a SCs character, part of his image! They just add something new parts of it and we need to get used to it.

Okey, maybe I sounds too much like som sorta heretic, but, I just a guy who acsept a goofiness of SoulCalibur series.

Back