Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It kinda depends on the character. Like Setsuka’s 2p in SoulCalibur III shows her truly blonde hair, which was dyed black to appear more Japanese for her role as oiran. But then her eyes are also blue, so we are to believe she had contacts now? In 1590-1591? Pffft.
I don't recall there being any mention of her ever darkening her hair. In her backstory I seem to remember that she was referred to as having dark hair even as a child. Also, there's nothing in her character history about her actually being an Oiran. I think the character designers just took some mild inspiration from the way Oirans dressed.

I don't recall there being any mention of her ever darkening her hair. In her backstory I seem to remember that she was referred to as having dark hair even as a child. Also, there's nothing in her character history about her actually being an Oiran. I think the character designers just took some mild inspiration from the way Oirans dressed.
Well either her hair is naturally blonde and dyed it dark brown or it was naturally dark brown and she dyed it blonde, because they changed it around in her costumes for SoulCalibur IV. But she also has the blue eyes in SoulCalibur IV, sooo... it's kinda hazy, really. But I always figured it was her European self trying to appear more Japanese, serving her master.

Well either her hair is naturally blonde and dyed it dark brown or it was naturally dark brown and she dyed it blonde, because they changed it around in her costumes for SoulCalibur IV. But she also has the blue eyes in SoulCalibur IV, sooo... it's kinda hazy, really. But I always figured it was her European self trying to appear more Japanese, serving her master.
I don't really think there's any in-universe reason for her change in hair/eye color any more than there is for Tira's array of hair colors. I think it may have just been an aesthetic choice made on a whim. Probably to highlight her European heritage more or something.

PSN limited time sale until the 16th

stand alone game down from $59.99 to $17.99

deluxe version: game + season pass 1 down to $29.99 from $89.99 the best choice if you don't own the game

Season pass 1 down to $14.99 from $29.99. I think this is the first time the season pass has ever been on sale

all individual pieces of the season pass down to $2.99

Guys! We should ask them for an opening scene just like all the previous game, one similar as SC2 or SC3, i asked it in the Bamco Feedback, we should create a wave!

Definitely going to ask them about this on their questionnaire. Capcom made a new opening for SFV Arcade edition. So it's possible.

Update 2.02 notes. There are some balance changes again for most characters. I haven't seen English notes yet.

Haohmaru seems likely, but I really wouldn't expect to see pink.

I'm sure that Haoh Maru will be revealed during EVO Japan 2020! I hope for his early reveal before EVO, but who knows? And also, why they don't reveal the other DLC characters? Just like Tekken, Mortal Kombat etc. I hope in EVO they'll give us some hints or teasers about who is behind of pink and grey colours or to reveal them at last!

Should we expect the third character announcement and/or Haohmaru's release date in Evo Japan 2020?
I'm expecting in game footage of Haohmaru. If they have a release date or not would depend on how close he is to being released. They generally don't like to announce character release dates very far in advance.

Maybe an announcement of other world tour events if they haven't done that already.

...why they don't reveal the other DLC characters? Just like Tekken, Mortal Kombat etc. I hope in EVO they'll give us some hints or teasers about who is behind of pink and grey colours or to reveal them at last!
This is one of our greatest mysteries, dunno why they feel like it's good marketing to leave us in the dark when literally every other fighting game on the market today is forthcoming, including those Namco themselves publish and those they do not... maybe a better question is why we tolerate it. I know it's not really under our control or anything, and I'm sure there are some that are very vocal about it on Twitter (and I feel bad for Okubo, especially if it's not his call, but some stupid exec Namco decision for... some reason), but... it's bizarre and unique to just us, seems like.

I just wonder what stage Haohmaru May come with... Luckily Geralt’s blends in quite perfectly.

Or they’ll cheat us and have the nighttime Master Swordsman’s Cave we saw.

But I want a daytime version of the Orstreinsburg.

Update 2.02 notes. There are some balance changes again for most characters. I haven't seen English notes yet.
Okay, it’s confirmed that the developers hate Voldo. R.I.P. CR 6B combos. It was fun while it lasted.
Bamco why?

This is one of our greatest mysteries, dunno why they feel like it's good marketing to leave us in the dark when literally every other fighting game on the market today is forthcoming, including those Namco themselves publish and those they do not... maybe a better question is why we tolerate it. I know it's not really under our control or anything, and I'm sure there are some that are very vocal about it on Twitter (and I feel bad for Okubo, especially if it's not his call, but some stupid exec Namco decision for... some reason), but... it's bizarre and unique to just us, seems like.
That is why I didn't even bother with season pass. I may probably buy Hilde one day but the rest of the pass, considering that it's Hao (absolute meh and stylistacily a clone) and two unknowns, does not interest me at all

Back