Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why SC6 cannot have at least half of the roster's size of Tekken 7? :(
I mean, that many characters don’t really exist. If we had Li Long, Hwang, Rock, Aeon, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Algol, and Dampierre, then we would literally have all of the characters that do exist, barring Necrid, Edge Master / Charade / Olcadan, and the post-timeskip characters, anyhow.

Man, it's only a week until SCVI at EVO Japan starts... I'm dying to see if they reveal Setsuka because I want to know what she plays like, how sexy she looks in this game (hehe), and in general I just need something NEW. The wait is killing me, but at least the communication is clearer than last year.

I'm dying
original.gif

(Sorry, but I don't have much opportunity to use this gif.)

But in all seriousness, anyone just waiting for EVO Japan to start now that we're close?
For me, yes and no. I definitely want to see some more amazing Calibur play for when it hits. But at the same time I’ve found other ways of binding my time until we get to that event.

But in all seriousness, anyone just waiting for EVO Japan to start now that we're close?
Honestly I've been preoccupied by Monster Hunter World especially since Iceborne just came out for the PC so I didn't notice that EVO Japan is so close. I've been playing a lot of other games to pass the time and I can't believe it's almost here.

Looking forward to see how Haohmaru plays out. Also hoping a reveal of Setsuka and/or Hwang during the event.

When it comes to returning characters for SC6 the selection throughout Calibur's history is a mess with many unfit to return either through the timeline (making their inclusion non canonical) licensing issues or just plain stupid to bring back at this point or all together. Throughout all of it's history there have been 82 playable characters but as it stands with the current time frame in SC6 it is broken up as follows:

Golden Age Timeline:

Main Characters: 31
OP Bosses: 3
Mimics: 3
Canonical Guest: 1
Non Canonical Guests: 10
Semi Canonical Guests: 5 (Angol Fear, Ashlotte, Kamikirimusi, Scheherazade, Shura)
Minor Official Characters: 4 (Arthur, Miser, Greed, Revenant)
Extremely Minor Official Characters: 4 (shop keepers and Han-myeong)
Skin swap Characters: 2
Non Canonical Chronicles of the Sword Characters: 7

Silver Age Time:

Main Characters: 6
Main Characters Alternate Versions: 3 (Alpha Patroklos, Pyrrha Omega, Viola)
Mimics: 1 (Elysium)
Non Canonical Guests: 2

It is a lot of characters but many of these will not be coming back for various reasons as I explained at the start so in conclusion Tekken as in Tekken 7 has way more characters than Soul Calibur 6 even if we somehow manage to push some minor characters to the status of main characters.

Back