Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

RyujiSakamoto

Premium Member
As someone with some martial arts training, and fan of the arts, I also like VF. Though I do not think being a Sega property did anything to kill it. VF5 was on PS3, xbox 360, and arcade. The last 3 SC games haven't had an arcade release in comparison. VF5 had more updates than the last 3 SC games. Still people didn't flock to VF5. It's got no hook for casuals.
Did you know they wanted the game to be called VirtuaL Fighter, but couldn't use it because Virtual was trademarked?

well I do think VF5 Final Showdown was a bit of a botched release. VF5 FS does feel like the "friendliest" game in the series to newcomers imo.

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
People are entitled to their opinions about fighting games. Calibur isn't for everyone, and that's fine.

That being said, seeing Melee so highly requested makes me want to vomit.
I could understand if Ultimate was the most requested, but Melee was released in 2001. That's roughly 19 years old. Why the hell is that still relevant to evo, especially with Ultimate being out?

Autumn

[13] Hero
I could understand if Ultimate was the most requested, but Melee was released in 2001. That's roughly 19 years old. Why the hell is that still relevant to evo, especially with Ultimate being out?
I don't know, but I remember seeing this list years ago and it's pretty accurate even to this day (minus the dead console Wii U stuff lol):

firefox_FiXXiAQnAQ.png

And I've seen at least one person outright say that Calibur should be dropped for Melee. :|

Crash X

[14] Master
I don't know, but I remember seeing this list years ago and it's pretty accurate even to this day (minus the dead console Wii U stuff lol):

View attachment 69835

And I've seen at least one person outright say that Calibur should be dropped for Melee. :|
Just...no more Melee please. Especially if it means dropping a game from a different franchise like Soulcalibur or MK.

Ukkesh

[13] Hero
Its nineteen years old. People need to get over it.

Edit: nineteen. My brain did a dumb.

Last edited:

Kyoju_Saru

[05] Battler
This may sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know what time zone that EVO Japan schedule is? I know I'd probably end up joining the stream either very early or late. Thanks!