Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I can't draw/ write for shit with a mouse. But I doubt that Setsuka will get a stage, I am only putting that as a possibility because some people think she will get one.

Confirmed that we get The haohmaru stage and the kilik redux stage. Please pray that the meadow stage in Hilde's story does not become another addition because it's trash.

My hope is that if they leave that slot blank it will be for season 3, the same way that slot was blank in Season 1 and it became the wolf stage in Season 2View attachment 70431
I feel like maybe, just maybe, they'll finish the Meadow and have it share slots with the Labyrinth, of only because that ugly blank space is ugly.
And add Edge Master to do the same thing for Inferno's blank space.
But in the realistic notion that we won't get a new new stage, the most revamped stage I'd want would be Maxi's, with an electric storm and ships. :sc2cer2:

We finally have our Japanese stage...

At least Kaer Morhen and that Broken Destiny Kratos stage didn’t look terribly out of place either. Heck I don’t think the Star Wars stages looked too specific compared to 2B’s city ruins.

Soul Calibur VI World Tour Official Schedule

scwt-events.jpg

The Stage of History has been set for an entire action-packed season of competitive fighting games as the 2020 Soul Calibur VI World Tour kicks off with a bang! As announced at EVO Japan, the SCVI World Tour will encompass a total of 11 Events across the globe, challenging players to take their skills to the next level against fellow fighters. However, not every competition is created equal, with varying amounts of points being awarded depending on an Event’s category.
Three Event types exist within the 2020 SCVI: Critical Edge Events, Edge Master Events, and Edge Master + Events. Edge Master + Events award the greatest amount of points per top 25 placements, with points distribution decreasing from Edge Master to Critical Edge Events, as shown in the graphic below:
scwt-points-structure.jpg

Beginning at EVO Japan, the 2020 SCVI World Tour features stops at established fighting game tournaments around the world, from Final Round in Atlanta, Georgia to the highly-esteemed Combo Breaker and even the United Kingdom’s ever-exciting VS Fighting.

The SCVI World Tour will conclude with a Last-Chance qualifier, giving players one final opportunity at fame and glory — as well as the chance to show their strength at the Finals to finish out the season against Soul Calibur VI’s top talent.

Below are listed the announced locations and dates for Events on this season’s SCVI World Tour, with more announcements to come:

JanuaryMarchAprilMayJuneAugustTBD
  • EVO Japan (01/24/2020 - 01/26/2020)
  • Final Round (03/20/2020 - 03/22/2020)
  • The Mixup (04/18/2020 - 04/19/2020)
  • Combo Breaker (05/22/2020 - 05/24/2020)
  • CEO (06/26/2020 - 06/28/2020)
  • VS Fighting X (08/21/2020 - 08/23/2020)
  • Rev Major
  • BAM12 (05/29/2020 - 05/31/2020)
  • Finals
[1]

Last edited:
Based on the tour schedule, I feel like we'll get a date for Haohmaru via Twitter, then at Mixup we'll get character 3 announced. "Spring" in the video game industry generally means Q2, but they could just be playing it safe with dates since H is probably still in development. I'm betting on late March/early April for Haohmaru followed by further announcements at The Mixup, Combo Breaker and/or CEO. Hoping I'm wrong and they're just being misleadingly vague.

Or just... no guest for season 3.
Nah, that's too good to pass up. SC never passes on guests. Also, Okubo specifically said no more guests for Season 2, not no new guests entirely.

K. : ARE YOU WORKING ON A NEW CHARACTER ? LIKE A NEW NEW CHARACTER ?
M.O. : Can’t answer that, sorry.

K. : At least it’s good, because you’re thinking about doing world tours and doing more seasons will mean more characters, like new characters and new guests.

M.O. : New guests !? Oh no no no, no more guests !

Anyways, I think this added more fuel to the idea of there being a newcomer for S2, because Okubo said he wasn't allowed to confirm if there was one. I feel if they didn't have one planned, and it was all legacies, he would've straight-up said "no newcomers in Season 2" and it would've been clear right away like Tekken 7 S2. He also didn't deny that part in Kayane's "new characters and new guests", just the latter. I'm hoping for a witch-like character personally speaking if there is to be a newcomer.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter. I'm excited to see where they go with this.

Eh, I’m still very much not believing we will see new characters until we get the veterans back. You can say being evasive means we would get a new character just as well as him being evasive about Hwang means he is coming as well. Which I love Kayane for not letting up on Hwang, we need him, and Okubo knows there is demand, so this is a great thing. My feelings are raised after reading this interview, much more hype than was the presentation at EVO after Top 8.

Eh, I’m still very much not believing we will see new characters until we get the veterans back. You can say being evasive means we would get a new character just as well as him being evasive about Hwang means he is coming as well. Which I love Kayane for not letting up on Hwang, we need him, and Okubo knows there is demand, so this is a great thing. My feelings are raised after reading this interview, much more hype than was the presentation at EVO after Top 8.
I highly doubt they're going to bring back every veteran as DLC, for the simple fact that they need to be able to sell and most of them are in the D-list category. Besides, I highly doubt they'd close S2 and the world tour on a D-list character. It'd be an anti-climax. Also, the color is Gray, and that remains an enigma because none of the established veterans are associated with it. I don't think there's any "prestige" with being a legacy, other than the popularity that might come from it.

Anyways, that's my take. I don't need to debate this because we've done it many times over and I'm tired of it and the toxicity that comes it. I'll just have my opinion, you have yours, and we'll wait until the unveiling of the final character to see what they intend. If it's a newcomer? Awesome! If not? Whatever, as long as it works well. Sound good?

Well, there’s always Edge Master, he’s quite grey...

No, that’s not a serious suggestion. If the grey character isn’t Hwang, and it’s not Setsuka (if pink ended up being someone else, in a twist, and they decided to close with grey Setsuka), then a newcomer being possible could be Salia, fighting with a longsword style that isn’t Geralt, that would be fine and exciting a way to end the season. But I find it a but disrespectful you would say Hwang is a D-list character, when there is a very good number of folks wishing for his return. I know Kayane was prompted by Hayate to press the issue, but it’s not like Hwang returning is a minority request. No toxicity on my end, though, I’m just responding to the interview and appreciating Kayane for asking.

Back