Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Just watched the English trailer. Haohmaru's English VA isn't half bad, but that dialogue truly is corny. But I mean, Soulcalibur's dialogue has always been a cheesy corn casserole, so... lol

And I've rewatched the trailer a few times, but I'm just now noticing how great the music is, especially when the Critical Edge sequence happens (timestamp at about 0:51). If that's the music for this stage, then I feel really conflicted on whether I want to change the music over to a SC track. This is why we need the option to set multiple tracks for one stage!

Am I too late to post my favorite part of the interview with Kayane and Okubo?
RDT_20200126_224603126030665.jpg

I doubt we will get another new character, seeing as Haohmaru is taking forever and is a brand new character himself. If they were able to get Haohmaru out in a timely manner, perhaps the new character argument would be more valid.

But alas, the drought before Haohmaru is gonna be a 4-5 months, and even before then they were probably working on Haohmaru. We would like this season pass to be completed in 2020, not in 2022 please!

I doubt we will get another new character, seeing as Haohmaru is taking forever and is a brand new character himself. If they were able to get Haohmaru out in a timely manner, perhaps the new character argument would be more valid.

But alas, the drought before Haohmaru is gonna be a 4-5 months, and even before then they were probably working on Haohmaru. We would like this season pass to be completed in 2020, not in 2022 please!
I thought they would bring a new character. I really want Setsuka and Hwang, I just felt they would bring someone new...

I do hope that we start getting veterans. I am not in anay way against a new character for the season pass, even if I would prefer to have Setsuka and/or Hwang. Yun Seong would be nice azwel, but still. A new character would certainly be interesting, and nothing builds new hype like a cool (not weird chuunibyou thingy) new character, at least for me. It'd be cool if they were to rehash old characters (i'm always going to be a sucker for Ashlotte and Miser, and Valeria, and Kamikirimusi), cuase it lets us reimagine a character, that may have been one-note before, like rock, for example. I don't believe any of the points I just said, i reckon that we are going to be getting Setsuka or Yun-Seong, if i'm being honest. I just hope that people stay hyped enough.

More importantly, I REALLY do not want to see the community outside here pull a Byleth reveal and go beserk at the devs, we're starved enough for characters and news as is. I Just hooe we can stay hyped for the next reveals.

This is Kayane speculating Haohmaru release date on her interview with Okubo:
"
K. : WHEN WILL HE BE RELEASED ?
M.O. : Spring !

K. : IS THERE A MONTH ?
M.O. : Spring is like… When you feel warmer laughs

K. : SO… IN JUNE ?
M.O. : Not quite laughs More like when it’s warm enough to feel comfortable, but not quite enough you’d go to the beach !

K. : AROUND HANAMI ? END OF MARCH/MID-APRIL ?
M.O. : Oooh, you know Japanese culture and cherry blossoms well !

K. : It’s the perfect timing for a Samurai ! When there’s still sakura, it should be his deadline !

M.O. : laughs
"

I was thinking he'd get some kind of variation of the Rage system from SamSho. Increased damage and red skin at the least (well, dunno the skin thing, but itd be neat), maybe give him access to the Issen and/or his other super (Flame of the Conqueror)?

I would suppose there is actually a decent Haohmaru could right on March 20th. I remember when Noctis was first announced for T7 and he also got spring release ETA, and his release ended up being on March 19/20 right when spring technically starts. There's obviously no guarantee of it happening, but I'd still say it's a chance good, considering that their already making us wait way longer than previous dlc character releases.

Ooooo yeah Haoh could go red in Soul Charge, been a while since I played SamSho (I used to be a Genjuro main) wonder if we get any sweet cosmetics too!

Back