Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Maybe something like a revenge meter? Something that's not too intrusive,but functions similarly to dark legacy, in that it increases damage at critical health, and turns certain moves (maybe for example just frames) into more powerful versions.

Because dark legacy is such a great addition and completely balanced Kappa Yea lets not have another one in the game.
As a Sieg player I love it Kappa.
On a serious note, I think of all unique character specific gimmicks introduced in SC6 Dark Legacy is one of the best.
Zasalamel's curses keep resetting every round, which is annoying when you try to stack three of those. Tira's Coda and Amy's rose perception mechanics are grindy plus balanced strictly around playing standard 3 out of 5 matches and completely fall apart in custom games with different number of rounds. Hilde's two different auras are just a little bit too much to keep in mind at all times.
Sieg's Dark Legacy and Nightmare's Terror Charge gimmicks are the best: not really grindy at all, easy to understand and to follow, potentially at play in every round and are not bound to the overall number of rounds per match. Cassandra's Divine Force is basically the same thing as Nightmare Terror Charge except it's a little bit harder to figure out at first glance since it lacks blatant visual certainty of NM's bubble explosions to signify right moves.

Zasalamel’s changes made sense, though, if he can send consciousness back in time why not the powers he gained from his Abyss form apparently? It doesn’t break down existing conventions like Cassandra’s does. You can’t even just ignore Divine Force and play her normally, it’s so ingrained into the moveset. I hate it, and Cassandra was one of my favorites to play back in the day. I’m not wholly against the attack gimmicks, either, just make them fitting. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. If we get Hwang back and he can shoot flames from his toes or something it would be equally off-putting.
Well, technically he does have some moves from Abyss and in Libra one of the quests against him essentially describes him taking on the form of Abyss freely while in Astral Chaos against the Conduit[our character], so really it's not a stretch to say maybe they wanted to or will add that form change to his SC down the line, or have it relevant in SCVII. Either way it's pretty much certain to come back in some manner.

That aside, personally I'm not bothered by the projectiles we have as is, and don't mind if we get more alongside more powers and such added to existing and future characters down the line. It seems based on what we've been seeing between moves being added, Mitsu's Shura Blade mechanic being added, etc., that it's the most likely path forward at least for this game anyways. As for Setsuka, I think we vaguely know part of what might be done to her. Can't recall the questline, but a character was referenced in Libra in a side questline briefly that used a modified quick-draw fighting style, where his quick-draw attacks released gusts of wind due to something he did to the weapon far as I recall. That would probably be the most unusual of things to do to her, but not impossible given what we've seen as is.

While I can somewhat understand why some have issues with it, I like the addition of more powers and unusual mechanics, etc., so to correct myself I actually welcome this as long as they don't implement them in a way that wouldn't suit the character(s) thematically, and the new moves/mechanics are balanced and bug-free.

At the very least she'll probably have some lethal hits that are based on how many just frames you've performed.

Yea,like a launcher that launch/or not launch if it's not JF, but with JF it will be LH and launcher with extra damages. Maybe her JF moves will have special effects like Sakura flowers coming from her Katana/umbrella?

I also suspect they try to balance her to make her more friendly to beginner.

She will be a good contrast to Ivy that is long reach with slow moves overall based, Setsuka is quite opposite small (and mid?) reach + overall fast moves (probably one of the fasest characters in SC, and i like fast characters in general), and the JF stuffs could make things more tasteful, i enjoyed so much Sekiro and this game didn't stop to remind me Setsuka, Feodal Japan and some moves that are quite Setsukish, also the game has a lot of JF techs. Can't wait.

An archer could work in SC but not projectileless, It could work i mean there must be
I wonder if Setsuka will have some gimmiks, and if so what are those gonna be, but i can say that Sekiro would be a good source for some inspirations, there's a lot of great stuff they can take from this game.

i got to say the "one mind" skill would be dope.

I wonder if they'll incorporate her umbrella into more of her moves than it was previously used for. Hopefully within reason. Not sure I want her doing anything like Peach's parasol move lmao

SC6 was less than dbz and SamSho last year, not sure about unist tho can't remember.

Curious where mk11 would been if it was at Evo this year.

If we get Hwang back and he can shoot flames from his toes
Hwang devoured Lucia and now he has Burning Fight as signature moves. Okay..

I presume he comes with Officer outfit, right? Kappa
latest

Back