Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

They ask for Bangoo but ignore the fact that the boy spent the entire SC 1 held by Aeon.
EGQl0bqUcAAX1ZO.jpg

On his own he has never achieved mass popularity. When was the last time anyone said he’s up there with the likes of Ivy, Nightmare, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Taki, Astaroth, Voldo, Cervantes, Sophitia, etc...?

Rock, like Hwang and Li Long have been neglected by Project Soul which I one of the reasons you don't hear much fanfare about him. The other is that they weren't in the most well known entry in the series SC2. It's more a point of exposure than popularity, something SC6 can address.

Hwang and Li Long not making the cut for SoulCalibur IV when Amy made it in will never make sense to me. Rock hasn’t been as disrespected as those two, since he was in all the games up to and including SoulCalibur IV (Berserker in SoulCalibur II).

But they very seriously aren’t breaking established canon with characters. Folks aren’t going to show up earlier than they are born, that much is for sure. The events might change, but we can’t just magick Natsu into existence in 1591, for example.

If Algol is DLC he is the final slot in a season pass(2 or 3). He is the closer, due to him being ugly and a diaper wearing boss.

Bangoo isn't going to happen, but to humor this idea you would need Rock introduced back into the game to reintroduce bangoo.

There are new particle effects related to this character:

Since the vanilla release there have been some visual changers that have improved the aesthetic of the game. For example Geralt no longer looks like he's wearing washed out clothes and tweaks to lethal hits connecting are very satisfying. On the other hand the screen shake on some moves is excessive, if you land Geralt's 4B LH then follow up with 4AA it's like watching shakycam, plus it doesn't help that you have to focus to land the just frame with the silver sword flashes. Project Soul really needs to moderate their particle effects, a lot of it is good but some of it has become visual noise.

I felt DOA5 was justified in it's whore DLC costumes because I felt "something is better than nothing" in terms of content and support, seeing that DOA5 was supported from like 2012 to around 2016 in terms of new characters and then got it's final cosmetic dlc in 2017.

Compared to SC5 which died in 2013.

But DOA6 just looks and feels lazy. After 5 years of DOA5, the fans deserved better....

Back