Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Something for sure is that i actually have no idea how PS would differentiate Hwang and Yun if they happen to both coming back.

They were already differentiated in SoulCalibur III, as were Maxi and Li Long.

Yes, but also about the design, and i think they would go even further. They both Koreans swordsmen with lot of kicks in their movesets, i suspect they'll give both some gimmicks to separate even more than ever, and for the design as well.

Anybody think the corona virus will make things not so soon?

Unless PS consist of old man around their 60's who already have health issues then yeah i would be concerned about delays and/or even deaths.
But that said it seems that a lot of company's are taking precocious and some are even closing down temporarily, dont know if PS would cease DLC development if they find out one of their coworkers is infected.
One thing is for sure ...

SOON™.gif

Does anyone have that feedback form for season 2/requests, etc?

• I am going to explicitly ask them not to add another guest ever in any SC6 season pass going forward.View attachment 71327
I'd say that is a pointless effort. Namco is more likely than not to follow this trend into a third season, if there is one--and their reasons make perfect sense from the perspective of a developer: In a sales sense, these characters are pulling more of their own weight. Carefully selected characters from other brands have the potential to pull in sales not just for the DLC, but also sales of the core game from people who may have not previously purchased it. I'd submit that you're allowing yourself to fall into a false dichotomy here in the inaccurate assumption that it's a straightforward guest vs. legacy/original character for any individual slot kind of situation, when the reality is that the guest character is doing more than their fair share in contributing to the company's decision to continue support into an additional season.

Besides, personally, I actually think the guests are a great part of the product from a design/artistic angle as well. I mean, the narrative and aesthetics of this brand are so diluted away from any sense of serious storytelling after 25 years of goofy nonsense, its not like continuity or artistic integrity vis-a-vis commercially implanted content are concerns. And one thing to say for PS all through the guest character years is that they have carefully selected and developed characters that made sense not just for cross-promotional purposes, but were also characters that would more or less work appropriately within Soulcalibur's mechanics, while keeping fidelity with their native design from their own franchises. These characters also provide an excuse to tinker with the existing systems, adding some variety and new wrinkles to the gameplay. The results are predictably mixed, and sometimes divisive where balance is concerned (though a perennial topic regardless of guests), but it's hard to argue that at least one guest has become a popular character in every game they've been included in.

I will say this, though: I'm not best thrilled by the choice of Haohmaru. My perception of the dependability of the guest selections has been challenged by that decision. This may in fact be the first case where a choice was made too much from a perspective of who they wanted to bring in relative to what they brought to the table: they wanted to do a SamSho character, Haohmaru is the face of that franchise. But there's a reason why we all fell upon the criticism of his redundancy on Mitsurugi--it's so bloody obvious. We'll have to see how they implement the character before I feel comfortable delivering my final verdict, but I can't help but think they made the wrong call here, and I wonder how much the selection was their own choice and how much it was at the insistence of SNK. But one dubious choice notwithstanding, I don't see PS changing its strategy in a theoretical (but I do think probable) third season.

Last edited:
Back