Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Alrighty then.
latest

Natsu.%28Soul.Calibur%29.full.1197729.jpg

Alrighty then.

(It’s called a throwback reference and Yun-seong isn’t the only one to do one.)

Its called looking excactly the same as hwang no matter what outfit he wears. Natsu is a throwback yea but even that outfit looks different because natsu looks fundamentlly different than taki. But yun is basically just hwang with red hair. I could have taken any yun costume to make the same point.

Its called looking excactly the same as hwang no matter what outfit he wears
Then why did you cherry-pick the Hwang throwback outfit instead of using his 1p or literally any other outfit? Hmm...
Natsu is a throwback yea but even that outfit looks different because natsu looks fundamentlly different than taki.
I know the order I listed the pictures was slightly misleading but I was actually getting at Taki taking the glyphs from Natsu’s Arahabaki idea as well as their relatively similar costume.
But yun is basically just hwang with red hair. I could have taken any yun costume to make the same point.
And Natsu is basically just Caucasian Taki with blonde hair, if you’re going to generalize that much. No, Natsu played very differently than Taki did / does now and Hwang also plays very differently than Yun-seong. Hwang is about fundamentals and his technical kicking game with a reserved trained style while Yun-seong has his crane stance and over-the-top flashy exaggerated “cool” moves.

Because its the one with brown hair ? If you take a look at a black sillhouette of any yun side by side with hwang i doubt you would even be able to tell the difference. ALso no natsu didnt play differently lul.

No, case in point, SoulCalibur III:

4E2PVEP.jpg

You can instantly tell it’s Hwang instead of Yun-seong based on his stance. It’s confident and composed. Compare Yun-seong:

3ifIpWZ.jpg

His stance is all wrong, his arms are slacked, off-balance, and legs not as well grounded. It’s even more obvious in animation, where Hwang stands mostly still and in form and Yun-seong is bouncing left and right, all willy-nilly. It’s obvious.

As far as Natsu goes, she’s a lot more cocky, has her Arahabaki spirit attacks, goes a lot more risky than Taki, more reward but more easily punished due to its unrefined nature. She is the Yun-seong to Taki’s Hwang, which is why I raised the comparison. Natsu has more 2B-like aggression instead of Takis comparatively relatively reserved style.

They are similar, yes, but also dissimilar enough to differentiate them, much like Cassandra and Sophitia, Kilik and Mi-na, Nightmare and Siegfried, Amy and Raphael, the list goes on. SoulCalibur VI has more than been the proving ground of establishing variance. I’m not sure why the opposition to having both for these two is so high compared to everyone else.

The sooner we get all the legacy characters back the sooner everyone can be happy, apart from those that venomously spit at the idea of returning characters. I honestly don't understand the obsession to block them from returning, they're not guests and have their own fan bases who have been waiting years for them to return. If everyone is playable from the golden era in one game, not only does it give incentive for people to play them but increases the chance that they will return in later games. Don't you want that?

This Guy using "we" . Include Dampierre, but not Setsuka, Hwang, Zwei, Li long ...

:notsureifserious:

Last edited:
Whichever Korean we get is just going to get the other guy’s colors.

And it’d be cool if Li Long showed up in their story too. Can’t see Li in Setsuka’s story. I mean we finally see the Alexandra brother...

There really aren’t other options, though.
. . .
Patroklos and Pyrrha are babies,
Viola is Amy,

Regarding Viola, this doesn’t really matter . . . if doubles with different styles were promoted in SCV, why wouldn’t Viola make it in? It’s been heavily estimated that Viola could have the potential to time-travel, and just like Pat/Alpha and Pyrrha/Omega, the same person is still a different character, with Viola and Amy just sharing several kicks and a backturn B+K. Outside of that, even their weapons are so OBVIOUSLY different, so I don’t think any neo-Hwang/Yun madness would be popping up. Viola even thinks and acts as a different person and with apparent amnesia might only address Amy with some vague easter-egg intro/win/taunt quote possibly implying that the other looks familiar, or some such thing.

But I’d definitely prefer Viola over Rock, or any of the potential returns besides Setsuka.

Last edited:
The sooner we get all the legacy characters back the sooner everyone can be happy, apart from those that venomously spit at the idea of returning characters. I honestly don't understand the obsession to block them from returning, they're not guests and have their own fan bases who have been waiting years for them to return. If everyone is playable from the golden era in one game, not only does it give incentive for people to play them but increases the chance that they will return in later games. Don't you want that?
The reason for that is probably because those characters will take spot from a potentially more interesting/unique characters. I mean - I'm all in for legacy characters to come back personally but I can understand why some may find Li-Long, Lizardman or Rock a waste of space.

So the only argument is "His pose is slightly different" While he has the same haircut same physique same clothing style and uses the same weapon. But no his arm isnt in the exact spot when hes doing the same pose.Kappa
Cmon guys just admit i won already.

So the only argument is "His pose is slightly different" While he has the same haircut same physique same clothing style and uses the same weapon. But no his arm isnt in the exact spot when hes doing the same pose.Kappa
Cmon guys just admit i won already.
By that logic you should also hate Cassandra.

Aside from that several people have given more substantial arguments regarding the differences between the characters. So far it seems as though you just hate Yun Seong and are giving any excuse to dismiss him.

It's impossible for everyone to be happy, even more so when Project Seoul doesn't have a massive budget. So I would not want characters that are low on my priority list to occupy spots in season 2 if there won't be an extra season pass after this. If someone doesn't get their character, then I would understand their frustration, but it's not my concern.

So long, Li long.

Nah I just dont care for either of them. And I definitely dont want the same character as dlc twice.
Regarding cassandra she turned out fine in sc6 but thats just because sophi is kinda s boring as humanly possible. But did we need her as a s1 dlc ? Probably not.

Im not saying dont put clones in the game. Im just saying dont put them in the first 2 seasons. While there are actually characters who are way more unique out there already. After that go ahead give me 3 hwangs i dont care.

Im not saying dont put clones in the game. Im just saying dont put them in the first 2 seasons. While there are actually characters who are way more unique out there already. After that go ahead give me 3 hwangs i dont care.
No one is saying both Hwang and Yun-seong in season two. One of them now, one of them in season three. It makes a lot more sense for Hwang to come first, and if we get Yun-seong, he can cap off season three.

why wouldn’t Viola make it in? It’s been heavily estimated that Viola could have the potential to time-travel
Because Viola doesn’t happen until a fair bit later, same as Algol. And I’m not sure where it’s even loosely implied that Viola can time travel, just that she can see visions of the future using Azwel’s crystal ball. We are constrained by the story leading up to but not starting SoulCalibur II, and Viola isn’t in the picture yet.

Back