Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

While i don't care much about Hao Maru, but i feel he's gonna be more interesting than Akuma and Geese in T7, it's gonna be really hard to make a guest character that is more Zzzzzzzzzz than those 2 in my opinion.

Based on Okubo's tweet, i feel we may get something this Thursday, a reasonable guess would be HaoMaru full trailer and release date, or even better (just guess, don't get hope too up lol) would be that + 3rd character trailer plus maybe simultaneous release with Maru.

Also he said it himself, SPRING...
1r2ufq.jpg

You’ll save yourself so much pain if you just accept the disappointment now.

Nothing can make waiting over 4 months for a character we didn’t ask for worth it. He’s just an obstacle in the way of Yun-Seong and Setsuka. He’s a roadblock, nothing more.

I do wonder if his style will be available for CaS. If not, I definitely have no reason to get him tbh.
My main focus is the CaS pack at this point. I hope it's a good one. I think there's a good chance that the reason why the last one was so shit was because of how much equipment we got from Hilde. Maybe. We'll see eventually, anyway.

Yun-Seong
H-w-a-n-g, say it with me now. :sc3hwang1:

I do wonder if his style will be available for CaS. If not, I definitely have no reason to get him tbh.
My main focus is the CaS pack at this point. I hope it's a good one. I think there's a good chance that the reason why the last one was so shit was because of how much equipment we got from Hilde. Maybe. We'll see eventually, anyway.
I don’t see why not, when both Geralt and 2B were available. It’s possible the SamSho devs say no, but I think the worst outcome is not being able to customize Haohmaru himself, like Geralt.

About the CaS Pack C being awful because of Hilde’s parts, I don’t think I agree with that. You could look at the freebie packs that came out with Amy and Cassandra as a comparison, but those weren’t official packs like A and B. I feel like C was terrible for multiple reasons, but none of the blame falls on Hilde, I wouldn’t say

Steam population and twitch numbers for soulcalibur 6 have been pretty abysmal lately...
Happens when there’s no tournament scene and no content updates. I’ve been playing other games in the meanwhile, and I’m sure others are doing the same.

Though on a tangent, I remain thoroughly displeased with Code Vein’s DLC, finally got the last piece yesterday, but all of it is so low effort and without story tie-in that it actually feels like worse treatment than SoulCalibur.

The wait was so long, for no reason due to their simplistic nature, while last year they jerked us around with holiday pack free DLC and beach towels, hyping up the real DLC from the season pass even more, to have all three parts be soulless reused content maps and enemies leading to one “unique” (stolen from God Eater) boss each, having to run each one multiple times in a grind for no reason to unlock all the content, which pales in comparison to the stuff you already had from the base game, with nothing to use it on, because you’ve already 100%’d the base game, and there’s really no replay value to be had.

Worst season pass I’ve experienced in some time, and I really regret having faith in Code Vein enough to buy the deluxe edition. I’m even turned off from God Eater, which I was looking forward to being lured in by the lore in the DLCs, yet there is no lore to be had.

H-w-a-n-g, say it with me now. :sc3hwang1:

I don’t see why not, when both Geralt and 2B were available. It’s possible the SamSho devs say no, but I think the worst outcome is not being able to customize Haohmaru himself, like Geralt.

About the CaS Pack C being awful because of Hilde’s parts, I don’t think I agree with that. You could look at the freebie packs that came out with Amy and Cassandra as a comparison, but those weren’t official packs like A and B. I feel like C was terrible for multiple reasons, but none of the blame falls on Hilde, I wouldn’t say
I just generally wouldn't be surprised if PS felt that since we got a total of around 15 creation parts with Hilde (freebies included) that they didn't have to put as much equipment in the actual creation pack.
I would honestly rather that be the reason Pack C was so bad than just poor judgement of what makes a good pack, y'know? Because if it's the latter, I shudder to think what the next 3 packs will be.

Back