Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

When comparing Yun and Hwang popularity level you'll need as well to consider than Yun was on both SC24 aka the most selling games, while Hwang didn't make it in either games, actually make it only in SC1 technically, since in SC3 he was bonus character and not in the main characters roster, which Yun was in too.

I mean i don't want to be that "IF" guy, but there's pretty high chances if roles were switched Hwang very likely be the most popular and higher in poll of the two, and saying this as someone who likes Yun, and isn't much familiar with Hwang.

When comparing Yun and Hwang popularity level you'll need as well to consider than Yun was on both SC24 aka the most selling games, while Hwang didn't make it in either games, actually make it only in SC1 technically, since in SC3 he was bonus character and not in the main characters roster, which Yun was in too.

I mean i don't want to be that "IF" guy, but there's pretty high chances if roles were switched Hwang very likely be the most popular and higher in poll of the two, and saying this as someone who likes Yun, and isn't much familiar with Hwang.

Hwang was Assassin. It was confirmed in Mina's story.

And Hwang was in SC3. SC3 Arcade Edition is the real SC3 and he was in there as well as Li Long second appearance since Soul Edge and Amy's debut.

So Hwang has been in Soul Edge, SC1, SC2 and SC3.

And Hwang was in SC3. SC3 Arcade Edition is the real SC3 and he was in there as well as Li Long second appearance since Soul Edge and Amy's debut.

So Hwang has been in Soul Edge, SC1, SC2 and SC3.

Yeah sure, but it's not same as being Hwang himself, it is not comparable to the Yun where he was in the game as himself without some Ninja costume and codename, without even mentioning one was unlockable, the other was in base roster (so lot of casual may don't even know about his existence), and Arcade Edition? The game that never came at consoles lol

Hwang never had a chance to shine post SC1, so there is no surprise to me that he'd be beaten by Yun that was on SC234.

Hwang was Assassin.
Hwang was an Assassin. There were many Assassins, just like there were many Berserkers and many Lizardmen. Berserker represented Rock in SoulCalibur II but unless he has something like Hwang where his story shows him being a mock-up Berserker, it’s impossible that Rock was a Berserker, being too pure a being. And the Lizardmen fight basically just like Aeon, so it’s viable that one of the Lizardmen was Aeon by happenstance. Rock and Aeon returned to full characters in SoulCalibur III, thankfully, but then Hwang got relegated to bonus character, until...

Hwang never had a chance to shine post SC1, so there is no surprise to me that he'd be beaten by Yun that was on SC234.
It can be argued that if SoulCalibur III had gone to arcades first and consoles second that the full versions of Amy, Hwang, and Li Long would have been included in the home release. But no, they did it backwards, and due to how much the Arcade Edition flopped, it was the last one in arcades. Still, that they took Amy from SCIIIAE base to make her SoulCalibur IV form, by that same token, Hwang and Li Long could have / should have been given similar treatment.

There were several Assassins. Hwang using the Assassin disguise was just there to reference the rumours of the character from using Hwang’s moveset during the time.

But no, Hwang himself never makes a physical appearance in SC2. Just his moveset from the Assassin bonus character, his name in the museum, and his face in the Weapon Master introduction cinematic.

Yeah sure, but it's not same as being Hwang himself, it is not comparable to the Yun where he was in the game as himself without some Ninja costume and codename, without even mentioning one was unlockable, the other was in base roster (so lot of casual may don't even know about his existence), and Arcade Edition? The game that never came at consoles lol

Soulcalibur 3 and 4 had a weird situation.

The definitive versions were the Arcade Edition and SC4 Broken Destiny.

To this day, SC3 is asked for rerelease on modern consoles for the Arcade Edition. It is still one of the better balanced Soul games. Broken Destiny was great as well, considering Hilde's brokenness and Algol and Kilik ridiculousness on console.

@SSfox Broken Destiny had the drawbacks of being on PSP, though, so I have trouble considering that a definitive edition. It had some improvements, but also detriments. If they rereleased it as a full HD release then maybe it would be alright, but their version of critical finish was also worse.

You guys discussing about Hwang and Yun-seong and here I am lamenting over the fact that Rock may not show up in SCVI and Viola has no chances...

Season 3 for Rock. Viola probably not until SC7. Didn't Amy get more viola moves in season 2? Project Soul has also demonstrated that they put their full effort into guest characters as they are completely unique.

Groh has moves from Pattycakes, and Azwel has moves from Spawn and Link.

Haohmaru taking so long further kills the delusional idea that a newcomer is coming in Season 2. You need not worry, The Lesbian Barbarian will not replace Rock!

Groh and Z.W.E.I. :sc5lei1:
ABAB2DBE-7896-42A7-9E03-09B335E0DF96.gif

Back