Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Also I think the whole, "X character cant be in this game cus theyre too young" idea can be thrown out. SC6 is a reboot so anything can happen.

TBH i think they are intentionally leaving the ages of the characters aside so that they CAN implement characters that according to their age shouldn't be there, so lets say Tira/Hilde should be too young to be here at this particular time line (Soulcalibur II ) but because we don't know their age we just have to assume they are in an age where they can fight, and also its a reboot they can do whatever they want as far as we know Sophitia could be a really young looking milf and Patroklos and Pyrrha's reveal could be just around the corner. Kappa

That's not what he says.
Motohiro Okubo said:
We wanted to go back to the era between Soul Calibur I et II with this new game… Well, it will not be specifically between, but it’ll be around that era.
He specifically points out that it's around this era. Consider this:
Soul Calibur 6's story goes back to the year 1586 to unveil all the mysteries from the original Soul Calibur.
SoulCalibur VI starts in 1586, which is in between Soul Edge (1584) and SoulCalibur I (1587). SoulCalibur II, III, and IV all take place in within the span of a year (1591). So when Okubo is careful to correct Kayane's understanding that the game takes place "around that era (of SoulCalibur I and II)", it's because they aren't going to be limited strictly to SC1 and SC2.

So that code vein another BN title is coming 28 September. So SC6 may come earlier? I doubt it they'll release SC6 alongside cod bf5 and rdr2, but we'll see.

God, I really don't understand people's hard boners for hating on Tekken 7. That game was *good*.
Casual fans have had their characters removed which is an understandable reaction. It's was understandable why as more characters create my balance issues which means more budget and development time which was pointed out. However because Tekken 7 has met sales expectations, Harada mentioned that he believes the team has enough good will ask for further investment. I think there's a strong chance Lei Wulong, Julia (Jaycee), Anna will come back. Personally I would also like some advance customisation options for characters like say the option to make Bob skinny or remove Master Raven's sword or make Shin Devil Kazuya.

Tekken 7 gets hate for the same reason SCV does, lots of missing characters and very little single player content outside of character customisation (and Tekken 7's customisation isn't nearly as good as SCV). The gameplay was great like SCV's was as well but for a casual fan who's not going to spent lots of time online it's pretty bare.

Jovian, a prominent figure in the Soul Calibur community, tweeted this out:
June 12th is Soul Enlightenment day. We'll all get #WOKEN by more comprehensive details pertaining to a special ENTITY the mortals in this realm deemed as #SoulCaliburVI. EEEYYYAAAAAAAA.. OOHHHH. @soulcalibur @achilles_Okubo @MarkMan23 @MATTHARDYBRAND @fluffysampai @shane0rez

https://twitter.com/jovywithyou/status/1003820589390262272

He's referencing a certain character's reveal it sounds like, with references to enlightenment and Matt Hardy-isms with his woken stuff and also randomly tagged Matt Hardy as some kind of hint correlating with the character maybe.

What in the... Matt Hardy? From the WWE?

I wonder if it’s going to be some sort of intro like how Capcom just had Kenny Omega do the intro for the Cody gameplay trailer.

Or maybe he’s the “base model” for a character, like Groh’s dad or something?

What in the... Matt Hardy? From the WWE?

I wonder if it’s going to be some sort of intro like how Capcom just had Kenny Omega do the intro for the Cody gameplay trailer.

Or maybe he’s the “base model” for a character, like Groh’s dad or something?
Fygul Cestemus priests are crazy and cult-like religious which could fit with the batshit craziness of Matt Hardy's broken/woken character thing since it has the whole "enlightenment" aspect to it, which while things like Buddhism are all about, a good number of cults do too. Unless I'm looking too far into that aspect, and it instead means like what you said, which is a new character looks like Matt Hardy, presumably Grøh's dad maybe?
Grøh has two toned hair. Maybe his dad might have the same kind of thing going on, but more like Matt Hardy's instead?

He's referencing a certain character's reveal it sounds like, with references to enlightenment and Matt Hardy-isms with his woken stuff and also randomly tagged Matt Hardy as some kind of hint correlating with the character maybe.

The closer we get to E3(We are 1 week away from it) I expect Team Soul and people related to the game directly o indirectly to post some hints and to tease some other things.
https://twitter.com/jovywithyou/status/1003533405311528960

//Squints
I this a hint?

The closer we get to E3(We are 1 week away from it) I expect Team Soul and people related to the game directly o indirectly to post some hints and to tease some other things.
https://twitter.com/jovywithyou/status/1003533405311528960

//Squints
I this a hint?
Just decoding it at a glance it sounds like "4 more months and, I'll be free from this misery." could be suggesting SCVI comes out 4 months from now (October)

The other stuff I'm not entirely sure if it is or not, but I feel like it could be one of those things where you later look back on and can see what he was sprinkling in as hints. But it comes off so much in the way how he's speaking that it sounds intentionally esoteric.

Casual fans have had their characters removed which is an understandable reaction. It's was understandable why as more characters create my balance issues which means more budget and development time which was pointed out. However because Tekken 7 has met sales expectations, Harada mentioned that he believes the team has enough good will ask for further investment. I think there's a strong chance Lei Wulong, Julia (Jaycee), Anna will come back. Personally I would also like some advance customisation options for characters like say the option to make Bob skinny or remove Master Raven's sword or make Shin Devil Kazuya.

I was of the understanding that Tekken was rated T for teens. It's an awfully childish reaction to condemn an entire game and drag Harada's name through the mud because he decided to cater towards the community actually keeping the game alive.

Parents need to quit buying their 8-year old kids these games.

Reactions: Pac
Will this character... DELETE us?! :O

And if the character has hair similar to Matt Hardy's, I hope they'll be using way more conditioner...

Inb4: Matt Hardy as second guest.

Back