Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Should I do this with all of the promotional wallpapers and upload them?
For sure, and aren’t there these same renders in SoulCalibur III in the museum? I wondered if those were any higher resolution, they seemed super sharp.

so I will wait for Setsuka to be at 90% discount on steam so I can buy.. :sc5nm1:
Just buy season pass two already so you can jam out to Dance of the Oracle. :sc5vio1:

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
For sure, and aren’t there these same renders in SoulCalibur III in the museum? I wondered if those were any higher resolution, they seemed super sharp
Some of these are in the SC3 museum, yeah. But they released far more as promotional wallpapers (for instance, the Sophitia render isn't available ingame), and the museum versions are lower resolution (they're 512x512 while the wallpaper versions are 1280x1024). Oh, and the ingame versions seem to be based on earlier versions of the renders (many of the wallpaper versions are touched up. I wanna say they even released two versions of the wallpapers back in the day).

Here's Cassandra's museum render and wallpaper render:
PCSX2.EXE_0xDE1D7B8306.png
cas1280.jpg

Crash X

[14] Master
Some of these are in the SC3 museum, yeah. But they released far more as promotional wallpapers (for instance, the Sophitia render isn't available ingame), and the museum versions are lower resolution (they're 512x512 while the wallpaper versions are 1280x1024). Oh, and the ingame versions seem to be based on earlier versions of the renders (many of the wallpaper versions are touched up. I wanna say they even released two versions of the wallpapers back in the day).

Here's Cassandra's museum render and wallpaper render:
View attachment 75386 View attachment 75387
I love her wallpaper render more than her museum render. I wish they would do these things again.

sytus

[14] Master
Agreed. Cutting down her just frames would just undermine her gameplay and execution level. What makes Setsuka (and aPat for SCV) great is how much she rewards you for being on top with not just your fundamentals but also your execution with her inputs.
Having the just frame window widened to the same as Geralt's would be perfect, but there should also be a perfect just frame move that gives her just frame attacks extra properties, like a stun for more combo damage or something. This would be no different than say Kazyua's EWGF and his PEWGF.

Peacock Jive

[10] Knight
As I feared, it seems my desires are an abomination to 99% of the readers. But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
I mean, take Amy, though I understand it’s not quite the same case — I certainly remember when her KA and maximum-hit BB options out of 236 were Just Frame-restricted, and they removed that in SCVI!

So I, in honesty, expected to basically be seen as a wimp, but still don’t understand why doing so to Setsuka would be such a sin.

Soul

Valide-i Muazzama Kösem Sultan
But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
This is what i fear the most regarding Setsuka. I hope to god they don't water her down or unnecessarily lock some of her signature moves behind dumb stances just for the sake of giving her a new "feel". The way she played in SCIV was the closest thing to perfection. They should just add to it a couple of new moves, maybe a new stance that in no way affects the charm of her already existing stuff.

Unpopular (but honest) opinion: I wouldn't mind it at all if Setsuka is 99% the same as she was in SCIV, and the only new thing they add is her CE and SC. Yes, i'm that paranoid.

Apoc Revolution

[10] Knight
If they insist on making Setsuka more accessible for everyone by letting people do her just frame moves without actually doing the just frames (like Maxi's B+KBBBA and Gloomy Tira's 4BBB) then they must change the properties on her moves instead of only changing the damage. For example, people can do 1BB without doing the just frame, but it won't stun, 2143BB without the just frame won't extend combos, 1AAA without the just frames won't knock down the opponent, etc. She would become more appealing for people of lower skill levels, but would remain difficult to master and satisfying to play for higher skilled players. That's the only approach I'm willing to accept. Not encouraging people to put in effort or removing just frames entirely is unacceptable.

Crash X

[14] Master
As I feared, it seems my desires are an abomination to 99% of the readers. But every other character seems to have gotten easier along with gimmicks and whatnot.
Not really. Several characters have gotten quite a learning curve increase in SC6. Raphael and Taki in particular are significantly more difficult to use at a higher level compared to the previous games.

Ukkesh

[12] Conqueror
Not really. Several characters have gotten quite a learning curve increase in SC6. Raphael and Taki in particular are significantly more difficult to use at a higher level compared to the previous games.
Both of which I think are a lot more fun to play, imo. With this Setsuka thing, I think that @Apoc Revolution is saying is closest to perfection. I doubt they will do too many moves locked behind JF though it's possible. But as a dlc character, I would have thought that she'd be made at least a tad more accessible.

I also played Setsuka at least decently during Sciv and aPat during SCV and they were some of the most fun I've had playing any characters in SC (I preferred aPat tho... Sorry I just prefer scv speed). After the time I put into both of these characters, it's kinda suck for it to become a lot easier to play. I actually really get that. I'm not a good player by any stretch, but I planned Setsuka and aPat for ages. It'd be nice to feel like it was REALLY worth putting the time in.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Alpha Patroklos was a lot more fun to play than Setsuka, but it’s mostly because of how abysmally slow SoulCalibur IV was and how imbalanced and mechanically broken SoulCalibur III was. Setsuka can’t catch a break, because odds are good she’s going to have some sort of gimmick like Cassandra and Amy now, so it’s possible she still won’t be as fluid and sleek as her protégé.

Frayhua

[14] Master
Also . . . remove a couple Just Frames ^ ^’
This is what I’m scared to desire because I feel like people will think I’m a p*#sy. But in honesty, I’d definitely adore if, at least, Sakura Air Combo (:1::A::A::A::5:) and Reverse Blade (:1::B::B::5:) could just be normal moves.
Setsuka's identity is just frames. If all her JFs were just normal moves she would be very easy to play & lose her identity.

Perfect example of a character become easier is Dragunov from T6/TTT2 - T7.

Heniek

[13] Hero
It reminds me of how annoying Amy's SCIV 66B became. In that game the JF was incredibly easy to perform but now it turned into 666B which feels awkward. Probably just a matter of getting used to but still. Hope they wont mess up with Setsu like that