Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Ooh, that gives me an idea. Since Alpha Patroklos used Setsuka's moveset... does that mean Setsuka in SC6 will use Patroklos' moveset?
Considering that Xianghua definitely lifted some stuff from Leixia, but Taki didn’t take Natsu’s best stuff, I’d say it’s about 50/50.

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
Considering that Xianghua definitely lifted some stuff from Leixia, but Taki didn’t take Natsu’s best stuff, I’d say it’s about 50/50.
Now I want a trailer at EVO where you see Setsuka slowly walk into frame with her umbrella, crowd is going wild (well, the crowd as in the 2 people allowed into the venue), and then Setsuka pulls out a short sword and shield out of the umbrella! And then the crowd starts flipping every table in sight.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Patroklos never did really use the iaido applications of his odd shield sheath, you know. It could be a refreshing take to be able to use it to block and then pull out the sword for quick strikes.

Kostas_Greece

[14] Master
I really do hope that at least two of Alpha Patroklos’s weapons return. Having options that don’t have an umbrella attached will help for creativity. Hidden Sword was my favorite, but Entelechia and Dainslef were fine too.
I think that one or two of her weapons will be lai sword in a scabbard! Despite I love Setsuka for her design and her unique weapon and style, I missed her umbrella moves, I really want a sword in a scabbard for use it in Creation Mode! And yes, Entelechia and Dainslef will be so cool if they will return!

LisaK

[14] Master
Yes, I always look at old concept art. It's a treasure trove of stories, including tentative plans.
Double Saber was also being considered as a new character for SC3. It is a character named Edgard, but unfortunately it was not completed. I was glad that we finally achieved it with the SC6 glow.
As far as I could understand he manages to turn the weapon into double saber, double sword, cross sword and scissors.

Last edited:

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Edgardo did get an appearance in Broken Destiny, though he just used Cervantes's style, like so many other "clones".

He didn't quite get the Algol hair, though, kind of sad, really.

That twinblade and bomb girl concept art always reminds me of Jessie from Final Fantasy VII.