Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Harada teased new content for Tekken 7. Perhaps we are not that far from an announcement for the game and also SC6

Apparently in the picture next to psycho Alisa you can see Lee Chaolan in an urban area with a Japanese food company that sponsors Yakuza. So people be thinking that is a hint at Kazuma for Tekken 7 season 4.

Not going to believe anything Tekken wise till I see it

Apparently in the picture next to psycho Alisa you can see Lee Chaolan in an urban area with a Japanese food company that sponsors Yakuza. So people be thinking that is a hint at Kazuma for Tekken 7 season 4.

Not going to believe anything Tekken wise till I see it
Maybe SoulCalibur could sling Majima if Tekken gets Kiryu-chan. We got Azwel to balance out Noctis, Majima's bat could balance out Negan!

(Plus maybe Majima could bring back shades of Chester's Dagger style.)

In that pic from the tweet, I thought the guy on the right was Raphy for a hot second, lmao
#dead
That's how desperate my brain is for any news

Is it even worth getting a season 3 if we are going to be tortured like this? I was one to just blindly support them because I was absolutely desperate for content....but this isn't the way to do it. I can't in good conscience tell people to buy the DLC if this is how it's going to be.

It's painful to say this because I so desperately want a Season Three but I can't help but feel like this is a self-inflicted wound. If people lose interest in the game its because the devs are taking their sweet time to release content, let alone even address the community....

Rumoured leak, take it with a grain of salt, the official reveal could end up being very different given the recent sudden changes.

Bandai Namco leak.PNG

Is it even worth getting a season 3 if we are going to be tortured like this? I was one to just blindly support them because I was absolutely desperate for content....but this isn't the way to do it. I can't in good conscience tell people to buy the DLC if this is how it's going to be.

It's painful to say this because I so desperately want a Season Three but I can't help but feel like this is a self-inflicted wound. If people lose interest in the game its because the devs are taking their sweet time to release content, let alone even address the community....

I've already mentally committed to not buying a season 3 until either

A) All the content is release and season is finished or
B) Namco is transparent and communicative about release schedule

I showed loyal support with my wallet twice now on both their season passes, and while I didn't mind the content I ended up with thus far; I can't help but feel kinda burned both times with not only the long release schedule, but also the long periods of complete radio silence up until the near release of each dlc. It just feels like Namco just does not have much actual respect towards the people who willing to give them their money this stuff, or else Namco themselves would more than willing to let info they most certainly have get out to the community that's wanting it.

It's not asking for a lot, even in these times where things are getting slowed down. Giving info about the thing you're selling when you can (and they definitely can) should be simply Company to Consumer Exchange 101, but for some reason Namco just doesn't want to do that.

Rumoured leak, take it with a grain of salt, the official reveal could end up being very different given the recent sudden changes.

View attachment 76739

am I allowed to link to this?

Idk I feel like Jun and Christie is a major major red flag. Christie is one thing but Jun too? My bullshit meter is going off.

Last edited:
Idk I feel like Jun and Christie is a major major red flag. Christie is one thing but Jun too? My bullshit meter is going off.

I know exactly what you mean. I don't see why Jun and Christie of all characters would be revealed when there are still some other characters that people want back. Not only that, there's no mention if new seasons are on the way. However the leak could be true, but it's one of the many red herrings that Harada does to catch leakers in the company.

Is it even worth getting a season 3...?
Yes, of course it is. Come on man, you work yourself into such histrionic knots over this shit. Of course having something you want on a lengthy timetable is better than never getting it at all. Now, on the other hand, @JDlightside777 has an entirely reasonable take on the matter: if you feel like Namco's marketing/community outreach on the DLC is unreasonable and hard to reconcile with a well-thought-out promotional strategy (an assessment I thoroughly agree with), and you feel like being kept on the line is "torture" for you, just don't buy the next season pass until they have released all the content (or they change course on this undoubtedly ham-fisted approach they have with regard to this game's post-release content). Honestly, maybe there should be some outright organization to boycott DLC purchases for this game until Namco/PS are made completely clear on the fact that we don't much care for having the actual content of a season pass kept under wraps until virtually a whole year after it first went on sale, and that whatever benefit they think they get out of delaying the details for an announcement, it is a poor cost-benefit return for us and they need to bring this bizarre experiment to an end.

But come on dude, let's be honest, if you're a person who has decided to post on this forum, there's a greater than 90% chance you are buying that season pass if it happens. Might as well be realistic about it. But I can definitely get behind the sentiment that the devs are wearing patience thin: we can all accept that this stuff is going to take a little longer under the current circumstances for the industry, but there was no reason we couldn't know the characters from day damn one of the season pass release.

Last edited:
While I do think Namco's marketing department could be a lot more transparent it's nothing in itself that would bar me from buying a possible season 3, I can live with the wait. However, if they bring out a third season and wants me to shell out for it I think the game is long due for some improvements in online first, such as improving netcode, fix a few of the longstanding bugs, a casual quickmatch mode and maybe remove the region division for casual rooms.

While I do think Namco's marketing department could be a lot more transparent it's nothing in itself that would bar me from buying a possible season 3, I can live with the wait. However, if they bring out a third season and wants me to shell out for it I think the game is long due for some improvements in online first, such as improving netcode, fix a few of the longstanding bugs, a casual quickmatch mode and maybe remove the region division for casual rooms.
What I would long for is removing the CaS out of Ranked. Hate the jank they provide.

Back