Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

SC4 Broken Destiny.

Both SC3 AE and Broken Destiny were Top Tier. Setsuka was the best character overall in Broken Destiny. In AE, Mitsurugi was the best character.

Setsuka in SCIII:AE is SS Tier & the best character because she could control her aGI & two JI guesses Setsuka got just about 1/2 life combos because ag:B was still i18. 33_99B on CH was +16 because in SCIII(PS2), Setsuka gets nearly 1/2 life combos with ag:B comboing. 1A Series was really broken in SCIII/AE because it knockdown on NH & the 2nd Hit couldn't be GIed on Block.

The Legend said:
Setsuka is being announced later today & releasing Tuesday.

200.gif

So I want to reiterate that they will give us a sign or a hint to watch something if an announcement is coming....

like this tweet from okubo which came two days before haohmaru trailer

Last edited:
I was so excited to think that Setsuka was going to announced today based on the estimated time for a release candidate to a final patch for distribution, but it didn't happen. So the Namco's classic SCVI info strat is wait to 10AM EST on a Thursday.

i'm secretly wishing for Li Long with 3 section staff.
Imagine the combined rage of all the Setsuka and Hwang fans who would take offense to this. That'd be a lot of salt to collect!!!

In all seriousness, Li Long with a 3 section staff would be sick af for Season 3 (if one were to happen).

Imagine the combined rage of all the Setsuka and Hwang fans who would take offense to this. That'd be a lot of salt to collect!!!

In all seriousness, Li Long with a 3 section staff would be sick af for Season 3 (if one were to happen).

I wouldn't mind Li Long at all!

It made me wonder. Why do they keep on forcing those announcements to big events? It's not that people watching those are unaware of SC series and it's not like there's a lot of people interested in competitive scene in the first place. The biggest group that purchase those games are casuals yet they are somehow left even more in the dark then we are. I'm just asking - why? Tho I doubt anyone would have an answer outside of "Bamco marketing team works in mysterious ways"

Last edited:
Setsuka in SCIII:AE is SS Tier & the best character because she could control her aGI & two JI guesses Setsuka got just about 1/2 life combos because ag:B was still i18. 33_99B on CH was +16 because in SCIII(PS2), Setsuka gets nearly 1/2 life combos with ag:B comboing. 1A Series was really broken in SCIII/AE because it knockdown on NH & the 2nd Hit couldn't be GIed on Block.

Setsuka was the second best character in AE.

Mitsurugi was the best with the 3A stun combo that led to half life into a reset 2KB scenario. Setsuka was Top but not the best.

It made me wonder. Why do they keep on forcing those announcements to big events? It's not that people watching those are unaware of SC series and it's not like there's a lot of people interested in competitive scene in the first place. The biggest group that purchase those games are casuals yet they are somehow left even more in the dark then we are. I'm just asking - why? Tho I doubt anyone would have an answer outside of "Bamco marketing team works in mysterious ways"

In my experience, pandering to casuals always leads to BAD things so is good that SC6 caters to the hardcore base.

If the game is good, casuals will follow....or not but no one can say that the game is bad.

SC6 only failure IMHO has been the DLC approach.

It sucks ass badly and is inexcusable.

Other than that, the game is as close to perfect in gameplay as it can be. (I would love if the stages would have been like SC3 AE were there was more detail and the epic soundtrack but that's okay compared to the gameplay)

Back