Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Rusted Blade

[13] Hero
Score in this review 10/10
Famitsu Score 40/40
Stable frame rate locked @ 60 FPS - Superb gameplay, outstanding animation & motion capture (still the best in the franchise), excellent sound design, and ground breaking graphics for the time.

The original Soul Calibur for Dreamcast is still to this day the unsurpassed masterpiece.
I don't know about unsurpassed, but it definetly is a case of knocking it out of the park early on and setting a pretty high standard that the series has struggled to maintain over the long haul.

WuHT

Premium Moderator
Score in this review 10/10
Famitsu Score 40/40
Stable frame rate locked @ 60 FPS - Superb gameplay, outstanding animation & motion capture (still the best in the franchise), excellent sound design, and ground breaking graphics for the time.

The original Soul Calibur for Dreamcast is still to this day the unsurpassed masterpiece.
The animations represented the biggest improvement compared to the previous version, but its only gotten better as they used less and less of soul blade's attack animations.

Its pretty crazy how a fighting game could be goty quality and a killer app for an entire console.

Ukkesh

[12] Conqueror
Omg, you f***ing nimrods. Do you not realize this is page 2020 of the thread? That means you are all doing this ABSOLUTELY WRONG--what is the matter with you!?! This page should be as full of acrimony, needless antagonism, obfuscations, a low-level of general anxiety, and general misery as possible. Recriminations, you dip-shitted gaggle of twats! A complete failure to understand (or even try to understand) the perspective of anyone whose experience and vantage on the subject at hand deviates from yours in event he slightest aspect. And it wouldn't hurt if someone was slowly dying in the background while we ignore them or even actively push them out of sight to better ignore them, damnitdoIhavetodoeverythingmyself!? You tedious buffoons, you disappoint me so much!!
If it helps I have anxiety?

Crash X

[14] Master
It's a shame that it was only released for the PS2, I remember the thrill of trying to do those perfect Tales Of Souls runs to reach Night Terror without losing a single match.
I remember that too. Only managed to do it with six characters (Voldo, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu, Kilik, and Cassandra, and Mitsurugi). Just kept falling short on Olcadan in the end. ;_;

RandyDrx

[04] Fighter
I am starving for new SC content so much that I wouldn't mind if they announced that the next DLC characters are Marienbard and Solnhofen.

Their silence regarding SC is quite deafening, they should take notes from the developers of Civilization VI.

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
Y'know...I don't think I'd mind Marienbard making a return as an actual character. It'd be cool to see what they could do with another scythe wielder. Could be an opportunity to revamp the sickle moveset from SC3. And there was something about her overall look in SC4 that I enjoyed.
Legacy characters take priority of course but they could do worse for a new addition to a future roster.

Hana no Kokoro

[04] Fighter
Hello, I'm new here, but I do read the stuff on this discussion board.

While the delay is very long, it is understandable as there is a pandemic going on and many revelations coming from it. I'm just excited that we will still get DLC soon. If there is a Season 3, I hope characters like ZWEI, Yun-seong, Rock and/or Viola make it in.:D

Hana no Kokoro

[04] Fighter
Are there any forums and/or discussion boards for fanfiction (Modern AU and College AU) and costume designs? One thing I like is to design modern style outfits for the Soulcalibur Cast.

WuHT

Premium Moderator
I don't know how to read into twitter retweets, but so far Hideo has retweeted:

• 3 section staff
• Iaido
• buckler + spearhead (?)
• twin chinese jian swords
• nodachi

I'm hoping for more inspiration from grounded martial arts rather than pure fantasy/anime weapons for future characters, and I think this is the in the majority

Hana no Kokoro

[04] Fighter
I don't know how to read into twitter retweets, but so far Hideo has retweeted:

• 3 section staff
• Iaido
• buckler + spearhead (?)
• twin chinese jian swords
• nodachi

I'm hoping for more inspiration from grounded martial arts rather than pure fantasy/anime weapons
A 3 section staff and nodachi would be interesting weapon styles.

A would like to see a steel fan or two as a weapon style as well.