Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I generally agree with your sorting: I think if I had been doing the same graphic, I would have just combiend the top two and bottom two tiers, as I'm not sure there's much more anime and/or fantastical to the moveset aesthetic of Azwel than Yoshimitsu and Groh, for example, nor much more for Mitsurugi relative to Seong-Mina. But at the same time, I see a relevant argument in your reasoning in each case for where you put them. Getting more granular in my own assessments, I would move Talim down into grounded (admittedly, I have a tonfa bias, but the core of her moveset is definitely fairly grounded, relative to the framework) and Hilde down (for similar reasons: in addition to the magic spirit wolf, her weapons, although modeled on actual weapons, are not remotely used like their real world counterparts). But those are all obviously nitpicks, and one subjective grounds: generally I would say your hierarchy holds up to scrutiny.

I would like to say that, as a strong portion of us are amateur (and not too infrequently, professional) artists on the CaS forum, I think you might be able to get away with posting a thread there. But don't hold me to that advice, because the main mod for that area I think tends to enforce rules fairly strenuously. Besides, there is a technically better option here--I can't attest to its traffic these days, but that's the right forum. I think no one would object if you opened a thread here in the casual forum either. But @WuHT could give a more concrete greenlight. I just want to note that I for one would like to see them when they are ready.

I’m not a professional, I just make designs for fun. Right now I am just thinking of ideas for the swimwear/summer outfits for some of the characters. Hopefully I will design them soon.
:sc2mit2::sc1sop1::sc1kil1::sc1min1::sc2xia12::sc3hwang1::sc2maxi1::sc5sig1::sc1tak1:
The character sprites will give you a guess which characters will receive outfits.

@Peacock Jive

I dread the day where I have to deal with someone speaking polish, it's already bad enough being told to be a lert, whatever a bloody lert is. Kappa

Nie martw się, stary, polski wcale nie jest taki zły! Trza się jeno wystrzegać nadużywających słowa "kurwa" jako znaków przystankowych i da sie wszystko ogarnąć bez problemu!

... I have shown you... THE GREATEST NIGHTMARE!

Nie martw się, stary, polski wcale nie jest taki zły! Trza się jeno wystrzegać nadużywających słowa "kurwa" jako znaków przystankowych i da sie wszystko ogarnąć bez problemu!

... I have shown you... THE GREATEST NIGHTMARE!
Co jeśli chcę użyć "kurwa"? Nie możesz mnie powstrzymać! Jestem Ukkesh, niszczyciel Sytus!

On real though, where I live, it feels like 80% of everyone speaks polish and people will just speak polish everywhere. It's kind of uncomfortable not being able to speak fluent polish, cuz it feels like everyone else does.

1 to 5 rating for how grounded vs how fantastical the weapon / moveset is
1 is closest to historical warrior/martial artist with minimal super powers (ie their CE) , whereas a 5 is very anime / supernatural / beyond physics

View attachment 76835
Short explanations:
• Azwel : 5 (should be obvious)

• Nightmare: 4
• Groh: 4 (close to a 5)
• Voldo: 4 (traditional weapons, but mantis crawl + fictional blind fighting)
• Ivy: 4 (fictional sword/whip, plus a lot of near-sentient weapon attacks)
• Yoshimitsu: 4 (traditional weapons but completely fictional abilities)

• Siegfried: 3 (oversized zweihander / dark legacy)
• Talim: 3 (fictional elbow bladed tonfas + wind superpowers)
• Tira: 3 (fictional giant chakram ringblade, revenge armor)
• Cervantes: 3 (grounded weapons, but undead superpowers)
• Taki: 3 (grounded weapons, but has a decent splash of anime ninja superpowers)
• Zasalamel: 3 (fictional weapon, but most of moveset is pretty grounded for a polearm aside from magic curses, almost a 4)
• Astaroth: 3 (oversized executioner's axe, has revenge armor and clearly super strength)

• Hilde : 2 (she can summon a spirit wolf)
• Kilik : 2 (+1 for his soul charge)
• Mitsurugi: 2 (almost a 1, but he has revenge armor)
• Cassandra : 2
• Sophitia: 2 (can also summon lightning blasts)

• Xianghua: 1
• Maxi: 1
• Raphael: 1
• Amy: 1 (rose throwing isn't that crazy relatively speaking)
• Seong Mina: 1

Thoughts?

I would move Voldo a tier down since his moveset isn't all too supernatural. It's an over the top blind fighting style but it's a popular trope in fictional but mostly grounded martial arts films and anime. The way Voldo's body bends (but not exactly the way he moves) can also be done by some people in talent shows or circus.

Cervantes, on the other hand, has flying/levitation, teleportation, and that psycho crusher looking drill attack as part of his regular moveset. Not exactly something you see in over the top but mostly grounded martial arts films. I'd put Cervantes a tier up.

I also like how you placed Grøh at 4 since I feel that most people would immediately put him to 5. For the most part, Grøh's moveset isn't exactly overly magical but he is using a fictional weapon and has a lot of over the top edgelord special effects splashed all over his moveset. If it wasn't for all that chuunibyou aesthetics then Grøh's moveset makes about as much sense as Ivy's in my opinion.

TLDR: I'd swap Voldo and Cervantes. I also like your placement for Grøh.

@KarotConCarne @Ukkesh

I think my play on words was lost in translation when I said I dread the day I have to deal with someone speaking polish.

Polish.jpg

Besides, there is a technically better option here--I can't attest to its traffic these days, but that's the right forum. I think no one would object if you opened a thread here in the casual forum either.
@Hana no Kokoro

I'll just shuffle around the threads, since people are new and haven't explored where to post. No harm since I dont' see any malicious spamming.

The custom creation subforum somehow had traffic even after 2-3 years of game release, (ie after SC4 and SC5) and back then I knew the franchise had a lot of staying power due to CAS.

Competitive gamers might move on to the hot new thing in a couple of years, unless the Devs strike a home run with fun + deep + balanced game play. That was a huge problem in a world with limited number of balance patches. All the gameplay discussion has migrated over to individual discords, which is painful to search for information due to the lack of boolean logic.

However, my prediction of PC modding hasn't taken off as fast as I'd like, but thats probably for the best since I'm glad there isn't a huge hacking problem.

And lastly there's a lot less hand-drawn art nowadays (compared to SC2/SC3) unless i'm forgetting things. Creative people are now using the CAS tools more often, and even model posing software as well.

@Hana no Kokoro

I'll just shuffle around the threads, since people are new and haven't explored where to post. No harm since I dont' see any malicious spamming.

The custom creation subforum somehow had traffic even after 2-3 years of game release, (ie after SC4 and SC5) and back then I knew the franchise had a lot of staying power due to CAS.

Competitive gamers might move on to the hot new thing in a couple of years, unless the Devs strike a home run with fun + deep + balanced game play. That was a huge problem in a world with limited number of balance patches. All the gameplay discussion has migrated over to individual discords, which is painful to search for information due to the lack of boolean logic.

However, my prediction of PC modding hasn't taken off as fast as I'd like, but thats probably for the best since I'm glad there isn't a huge hacking problem.

And lastly there's a lot less hand-drawn art nowadays (compared to SC2/SC3) unless i'm forgetting things. Creative people are now using the CAS tools more often, and even model posing software as well.
I understand, thank you for the information. What is a good place to upload my hand-drawn designs? I know I can show my CAS designs in the CAS discussion for SCVI right?

I understand, thank you for the information. What is a good place to upload my hand-drawn designs? I know I can show my CAS designs in the CAS discussion for SCVI right?
but you're probably going to get more comments if you ALSO add a link to your create-a-soul thread. That subforum gets more traffic than the art thread.

Nowadays I would just look up twitter for hand-drawn soul calibur art

but you're probably going to get more comments if you ALSO add a link to your create-a-soul thread. That subforum gets more traffic than the art thread.

Nowadays I would just look up twitter for hand-drawn soul calibur art
Okay, thank you so much. I will send in links to my Deviantart, Twitter, and Instagram. What character do you want to design an outfit for?

Back