Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Okubo has absolutely nothing to do with it nor does Team Soul. They are both understaffed and hindered by Bamco's marketing model for this game which is to be blamed for the situation
You're right. I apologize for jumping the gun there. How quickly it seemed like the waiting would finally have an end date only for the possibility to get slapped away immediately still pretty disappointing. Better than not knowing it wouldn't be there, I suppose.

You're right. I apologize for jumping the gun there. How quickly it seemed like the waiting would finally have an end date only for the possibility to get slapped away immediately still pretty disappointing. Better than not knowing it wouldn't be there, I suppose.
I can understand the frustration. DLC for this game is atrocious with complete silence and keeping in the dark for months but I don't wanna sound like a broken record because I tend to repeat that over and over

I still think something is happening soon, anime event or not.
I agree. Okubo’s latest tweet asked us to wait a little while longer which I interpret to mean around another month at most. I think we’ll likely get news around the time EVO Online would have been, as it would have made sense for the team to be working towards having at least a trailer ready to showcase at the event.

I agree. Okubo’s latest tweet asked us to wait a little while longer which I interpret to mean around another month at most. I think we’ll likely get news around the time EVO Online would have been, as it would have made sense for the team to be working towards having at least a trailer ready to showcase at the event.

WIth EVO US 2020 cancelled companies like Namco, SNK, & Capcom had to change plans on when to announced DLC for their games.

WIth EVO US 2020 cancelled companies like Namco, SNK, & Capcom had to change plans on when to announced DLC for their games.
Yes I know but my point is that they were probably working towards having something to share at the event so they might just drop a trailer anyway around a similar time, which I wouldn’t rule out as a possibility given Okubo’s latest tweet.

Yes I know but my point is that they were probably working towards having something to share at the event so they might just drop a trailer anyway around a similar time, which I wouldn’t rule out as a possibility given Okubo’s latest tweet.

Yeah, with the RC being done. A public update may happen soon.

It's either Thursday or sometime during the FUN even. I wouldn't discard it just yet.

I'm still sad. I need a hug...
1461068486-646f3523d0fd8f3e6d818d96012b248e.gif

New theory!

They're pushing new QA builds again. Which is not something they'd usually do after uploading a release candidate build. So maybe they found a bug in the release candidate build? Maybe they figured out people don't actually want Alpha Patroklos so they're quickly adding a wig to the character so they can rename him Setsuka.

That said, if they're doing the whole "Surprise, we're announced Setsuka! Double surprise, she's out tomorrow!" then I would have expected her to be finished weeks ago.

In conclusion, I dunno!

They're pushing new QA builds again. Which is not something they'd usually do after uploading a release candidate build. So maybe they found a bug in the release candidate build? Maybe they figured out people don't actually want Alpha Patroklos so they're quickly adding a wig to the character so they can rename him Setsuka.
Or maybe they accidentally made Setsuka Omega and the QA testers didn’t catch it because they were too busy enjoying playing Hwang’s revamped style.

Alpha pat:

• Originally inherited the greek fighting style from his mother
• Travelled to Istanbul
• Met a western woman, who originally ended up in Japan and learned japanese martial arts, and ended up resettling in the middle east in Istanbul
• Learned this japanese martial art from her after they met in Istanbul
• Gave up his original moveset

yikes

Back