Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Rusted Blade

[13] Hero
No one ever said that you cant counterplay 2B or that you can 100% win every game by mashing , the only thing i ever is that 2B is one of those characters that is simply toxic to fight against by design. She falls in the same kategory as talim or Amy characters that make the game unfun to play because they force you to constantly pay attention even against people who have on idea what they are doing and thats the problem here. Everyone can go into stance after a knockdown and chose one of a couple simple options that you straight up have to guess fighting against them it doesnt require the player to understand what they are doing, thats the flaw with character design like that.

So next time you write a book about a post you might wanna actually read it correctly. (Or just sum it up caus so far not a single post had the requirement of being 10 000 letters)
If you're not going to even try to address a single bit of my extensive mechanical breakdown of just a handful of reasons why you're unnunaced whinging about a character who is nowhere near OP at high (or even mid) level play (and thoroughly recognized as such by the entirety of the competitive community) is absolute irrational nonsense/uninformed bellyaching, I'm certainly not going to waste my time engaging with your further on this topic. Aside from pointing out:
A) the sheer irony, ballsiness, and frankly daftness of you saying my response to your opinion suggests that I didn't read or appropriately digest your opinion....when you've said you haven't even read the actual response,​
B) if your main complaint about a character is that they make you guess about their mix-ups, you can't be enjoying playing Soulcalibur against anybody above rank F very often (and it explains why you are always making needlessly aggressive comments about how this or that character is supposedly trash), and​
C) it often takes a lot more words to explain why a dumb assertion is incorrect than it does to just throw that silly, poorly-considered idea out into the world as if it is actually meaningful insight. There's actually a name for that phenomena in rhetorical debate, and I'd link you to an article about it, but since you apparently feel strain from reading more than a paragraph or two about a subject (even one you have really strong opinions about that you don't mind sharing with the world), I'll spare us both the trouble.​

Last edited:

TiraRules

[12] Conqueror
Are you familiar with Lovecraft? If so you've just stumbled on a key to cosmic horror, and like all cosmic horror it's scars the mind after seeing it. Be afraid of the unknown and keep your sanity intact.
I don't like horror stuff in general and i never heard of Lovecraft. if it's a PC game then i'm not interested. i prefer console systems. you can see why i upload all of my CAS from SC6 on PS4

Thylacine492

[07] Duelist
I don't like horror stuff in general and i never heard of Lovecraft. if it's a PC game then i'm not interested. i prefer console systems. you can see why i upload all of my CAS from SC6 on PS4
Lovecraft was the horror author responsible for making the Cthulhu mythos and for the popularity of the cosmic horror genre. He’s considered to be one of the best horror authors and his works have been adapted into a multitude of other media.

KageKazenami

[11] Champion
I uh... I do hope this doesn't cause Masuo to quit. I know the community's been excessive, but if the pressure's that bad I'd hope he'd stop going too heavy into answering all questions. Losing him would be a major blow to things going forward most likely, especially considering how good the game otherwise has been, obviously in part thanks to him, and the rest of the devs. That's actually a bit worrying to see a statement like that, given the history the series has had as is.

Rusted Blade

[13] Hero
I uh... I do hope this doesn't cause Masuo to quit. I know the community's been excessive, but if the pressure's that bad I'd hope he'd stop going too heavy into answering all questions. Losing him would be a major blow to things going forward most likely, especially considering how good the game otherwise has been, obviously in part thanks to him, and the rest of the devs. That's actually a bit worrying to see a statement like that, given the history the series has had as is.
I think it's possible that English being his second language has caused this statement to appear stronger than intended: I suspect what he is trying to say is something along the lines of "Given the fact that I have only so much time and energy relative to these circumstances, the only way I could answer every question is if I quite my job." And even if that read is incorrect and his intention is much closer to the precise words he uses, I can't imagine he would really opt to quite before instead choosing to disengage. I am curious as to what the deleted messages pertained to: this could shed some light on precisely what he meant.

SAPirata

[05] Battler
I've been back and forth on SC VI so far, because something has seriously been bugging me and I just figured out what.

I really, really dislike the flashy attack visuals in this game. I think it really distracts from the otherwise beautiful move animations that SC has always had, and makes the game look a bit childish/Street Fighter-esque.

But hey, if that's what sells eh...

Spanky

[13] Hero
I love the concept art sketches that they share. So much attention to detail and thought looks like it's put into these characters. I mean, no duh it is, but it's nice to see the creative process.

Pyrrus

[14] Master
Was there any release for the concept are of the game ? Also does anyone know where I can find the frame data for this game cuus i hate not knowing

Rusted Blade

[13] Hero
Its funny how high quality the facial model was for its time back in 2008, yet the weapon looks like its from PS2 days
Oh, I don't know--I suppose I see what you are saying about the disconnect in how much one improved compared against another in that entry, but not everything can be improved at the same rate in every title, and at the end of the day the weapon does look perfectly average to me, considering the hardware. But I'm just going to seize the opportunity to point out how phenomenal that game looks in general--that entry is truly a (if not the) highwater mark for visual design in the franchise. For all the complaints (many reasonable, many often exaggerated or just fanciful) drawbacks to that entry in certain mechanical details, it can't be denied that it is just gorgeous:

It best establishes the balance between the more animated and photorealistic approaches in models and textures; has a gorgeous application of colour with super-saturated highlights but brilliant gradient maps that keep those colours from making the image look flat and fake; some great character design (your mileage may vary on this ever contentious aspect, I know); and, perhaps the crown jewel, probably the best stage design of any Soulcaibur game--though it does get stiff competition from its immediate predecessor, SCIII--with brilliant staging for both aesthetic and mechanical purposes, lively interactive elements, background activity that is employed in a way that adds a sense of depth and being rooted in an actual environment without looking terribly fake as sometimes happened with SCV, and well considered details, all delivered in a crisp image with appropriate focal lengths.

It's just a beautiful game with visuals that never wore out their welcome and set a standard that I just don't think has since been matched by either SCV/SC:LS's Street Fighter- and anime-inspired designs or an approach in SCVI that I think can only be realistically called faithful but rather bland, overall.

Was there any release for the concept are of the game ? Also does anyone know where I can find the frame data for this game cuus i hate not knowing
Which, SCIV or SCVI?

Last edited:

Pyrrus

[14] Master
Oh, I don't know--I suppose I see what you are saying about the disconnect in how much one improved compared against another in that entry, but not everything can be improved at the same rate in every title, and at the end of the day the weapon does look perfectly average to me, considering the hardware. But I'm just going to seize the opportunity to point out how phenomenal that game looks in general--that entry is truly a (if not the) highwater mark for visual design in the franchise. For all the complaints (many reasonable, many often exaggerated or just fanciful) drawbacks to that entry in certain mechanical details, it can't be denied that it is just gorgeous:

It best establishes the balance between the more animated and photorealistic approaches in models and textures; has a gorgeous application of colour with super-saturated highlights but brilliant gradient maps that keep those colours from making the image look flat and fake; some great character design (your mileage may vary on this ever contentious aspect, I know); and, perhaps the crown jewel, probably the best stage design of any Soulcaibur game--though it does get stiff competition from its immediate predecessor, SCIII--with brilliant staging for both aesthetic and mechanical purposes, lively interactive elements, background activity that is employed in a way that adds a sense of depth and being rooted in an actual environment without looking terribly fake as sometimes happened with SCV, and well considered details, all delivered in a crisp image with appropriate focal lengths.

It's just a beautiful game with visuals that never wore out their welcome and set a standard that I just don't think has since been matched by either SCV/SC:LS's Street Fighter- and anime-inspired designs or an approach in SCVI that I think can only be realistically called faithful but rather bland, overall.

Which, SCIV or SCVI?
SC6

and imo the best looking game is SC5 for me. I liked the shaders for that game. Looked very unique

Dissidia

Premium Member
I like the stage design for SC3 and SC5 best but I think the graphics for SC6 are the best in certain scenarios.

For whatever reason the stage design in SC6 feels mostly uninspired and I can’t put my finger on why that is. Perhaps the mechanics of this game require simple stages as a necessity?