Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

As someone who is both competitive and super duper into CaS, here's my thoughts on the matter. I honestly do think that these two styles of play can coexist in serendipity.

The main thing is that I think it's going to be really important to force CaS sizes and hitspheres (or boxes or whatever) to match the original character's. I think you should be able to take your CaS into ranked provided this holds true in some fashion. Being able to use my OC online is half of what made me keep coming back to it, even today. SCV is why and how I even came up with her. But I have to emphasize... having her on *my* screen is what made it fun. I didn't particularly care if anyone else saw her or not. So if CaS get forced to original character sizes and collisions, it's as simple as having an option to turn it off for players who don't like it. As long as the game physics and move interactions are identical, I really don't care if you see Ellie or Xianghua as long as I get to see Ellie and you still get to enjoy the game in the way you want to.

As an interim step, I thought SCV handled a player-by-player basis in an okay fashion, but could have been better. Maybe you're cool with Ellie from me but you're not cool with vantablack drum god from XxXPROGAMERLORDXxX, so reporting the player for "unpleasant creation" caused a CaS block on that player spefically. It made the first match against him suck ass because you still had to deal with vantablack drum god until you could report him, but then you got the joy of beating on a near-naked CaS and them wondering why you can see what they're doing. It would be better of instead of showing a base CaS they just showed the original character; locking CaS sizes would enable this. I'm sure there's a better way to do it. Maybe after enough players report XxXPROGAMERLORDXxX all of his CaS are blacklisted for every player.

I was always cool with no CaS in tournaments. Liking my CaS enough to want to have her around for a tournament is a unique problem for a very tiny subset of players. That's why I commissioned a plushie of her to take to tournaments, and even continued customizing it after receiving it. If you like your CaS that much, I recommend doing the same; original characters in tournaments is a guarantee to keep everything fair, and if someone else does like your CaS, they're in huggable form!

Last edited:
Maybe CASes that aren't the right size can just be disabled in Ranked Matches or temporarily resized. Enjoy seeing you axe-wielding loli become a giant!

But ideally it can just be locked out as an option. Maybe a CaS-only option so you can look at others' creations?

Maybe CASes that aren't the right size can just be disabled in Ranked Matches or temporarily resized. Enjoy seeing you axe-wielding loli become a giant!

But ideally it can just be locked out as an option. Maybe a CaS-only option so you can look at others' creations?
Maybe you should only be allowed to select CaS characters of a certain default size. If your Cas is too small, then the game shouldn't let you select them. Like a rollarcoaster height limit.

Maybe you should only be allowed to select CaS characters of a certain default size. If your Cas is too small, then the game shouldn't let you select them. Like a rollarcoaster height limit.
That is stupid. What is the point of having CaS if you're gonna limit everything? Limit them from ranked, everywhere else there is no reason to restrict anything.

That is stupid. What is the point of having CaS if you're gonna limit everything? Limit them from ranked, everywhere else there is no reason to restrict anything.
Most people who use CaS are not serious players to begin with, and vice versa. So its no big deal if CAS is limited online if thats where most serious players are. Most use it just to troll online anyway. Thus you limit the windows people have to use them just to troll.

Last edited:
Most people who use CaS are not serious players to begin with, and vice versa so its no big deal if they're limited online. Most use it just to troll online anyway. Thus you limit the windows people have to use them just to troll.
Non-ranked lobbies are not meant for "serious" players, it would still be stupid to keep CaS out. If you want seriousness, go to the ranked fights.

Sooo there's going to be an exhibition on the 29th, any chance to see another character reveal? The date looks more than a coincidence to me.

They don't have to, but the thing is ranked is the mode where you're supposed to try and be better than anyone else. Non-ranked lobbies are meant simply for grouping up and fighting, restricting players in them is stupid.
Well see that's what you think. But what if I say CaS or even talking about CaS is stupid? Even though that's how I feel do you see how that sounds? Pretty inflammatory language isn't it? Kind of language that leads to arguments and flame wars. And it's how you post anytime you don't agree with something. I'm not going to explain this again.

This is in response to a topic in the News and info thread, I decide to reply here to not clutter that one.

Cassandra's moves are more shield oriented and aggressive than Sophita's. Since she was first introduced Cassandra has always been different to Sophitia, as games went on she became even more different. They have both use Swords and Shields but that's where the similarities end. If they want to reuse some of Patroklus' moves to make her even more different then that would be cool. I hope that the butt CE never comes back.

Wasn't the Soul team planning to change her up quite a bit for SCV but that never happened? They might still do that in SCVI.

Did Sophitia get any moves from Cassandra that she never had before? That could be an indicator of whether Cass may be included.

Last edited:
When you want to compete and you don't have an offline community Ranked is your best friend.

I feel like it would be better to find people who are competent enough and just do player matches. Unless they go the Tekken route, I don't think ranked would be good for that.
This is in response to a topic in the News and info thread, I decide to reply here to not clutter that one.

Cassandra's moves are more shield oriented and aggressive than Sophita's. Since she was first introduced Cassandra has always been different to Sophitia, as games went on she became even more different. They have both use Swords and Shields but that's where the similarities end. If they want to reuse some of Patroklus' moves to make her even more different then that would be cool. I hope that the butt CE never comes back.

Wasn't the Soul team planning to change her up quite a bit for SCV but that never happened? They might still do that in SCVI.

Did Sophitia get any moves from Cassandra that she never had before? That could be an indicator of whether Cass may be included.

It seems she has a new animation for TAS B:4? I'm not sure about the notation, but she does have a shield bash uppercut thing. That's really the only thing remotely Cassandra-esque. Any other moves are moves they've always shared.

When you want to compete and you don't have an offline community Ranked is your best friend.
Not really since you can always create private lobbies where you and a friend can have an online FT5 (or 10) against one another.

Back