Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

BaiburuBurakku

[04] Fighter
Was watching some good ass Tekken the other day and noticed how damn near revolutionary that slow-motion feature has become. Not sure if this has been discussed before but, How well would this feature transfer over to SC6? I mean the 3 hit replay at the end of a round is cool, but I don't think it draws the kind of hype and viewership that slo-mo does. it would look especially sick in this game too. imagine, watching with bated breath as Mitsurugi is milliseconds seconds away from cleaving an Amy player in half with his glorious 66A+B.

Euphoric :sc2mit2:

Last edited:

weshookhands

[11] Champion
Was watching some good ass Tekken the other day and noticed how damn near revolutionary that slow-motion feature has become. Not sure if this has been discussed before but, How well would this feature transfer over to SC6? I mean the 3 hit replay at the end of a round is cool, but I don't think it draws the kind of hype and viewership that slo-mo does. it would look especially sick in this game too. imagine, watching with bated breath as Mitsurugi is milliseconds seconds away cleaving an Amy player in half with his glorious 66A+B.

Euphoric :sc2mit2:
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Wondering though, if there might be technical restrictions keeping that from happening, as Tekken characters' range is fairly limited and has low variability compared to SC's snake swords, polearms and magically flying weapons.

In a more structurally tight context, slomos are in SC6 already, taking RE animations/cinematics into account.

If they can make it happen like it's in Tekken (a whiff-sensitive round-ender cinematic), I'm all for it.

WuHT

Premium Moderator
only thing I don't want to see is slow-mos for people trading 2K/3K ... as body attacks in tekken are way more important than in Soul Calibur.

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
I really like the current triple playback, which i think is slo-mo too.
Looks glorious on attacks like Taki SC PO 6BAA if the last hit kills.

weshookhands

[11] Champion
For the Setsuka Purists:
Was this move always in SC3/4 Setsuka's movelist ? Or they started this move with Patroklos in SC5, gave it to SC6, and then are telling us its because Patroklos "learned" this from Setsuka even though he was the originator?
Wasn't in III nor IV IIRC, so her teaching him this is a retcon. Fair enough, as Mitsu's relic is now officially a Setsuka stance lol