Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The problem is that when you spread wrong information like this, it turns into propaganda and it becomes annoying and dangerous.

It shouldn't be allowed.
And even then everyone is aware of Frayhua’s whining/trolling around here and on social media and discord. If it ever gets out of hand again the moderators can always just clean up the mess and even suspend/ban him if he doesn’t shut up. The Setsuka discord got rid of him for this a month ago so I imagine the same would happen here too.

Soulcalibur VI is officially two years old!

Here is hoping a Season 3 takes place, even if I personally think Setsuka's recent inclusion alone was more than enough to satisfy me. :sc3set1:

yeah the background art of Seigfried seems like a mirror image of Nightmare's, less the shield.
Goes together pretty well

I think the devs also mentioned that Maxi's dragon and Kilik's phoenix were drawn together as 1 image initially

Frayhua really takes the cake for some of the funniest shit I've ever seen

In light of the 2 year anniversary I felt compelled to find some nostalgic shitposts

Yep, I just wanted Setsuka back more than any other character back then. You know how I felt about Hilde about a year ago it was because she was OP in SCIV & SCV 1.02. Hilde in SCVI is perfectly balanced & not OP.

Also I had a dream and asked Setsuka -sama about easier inputs. Setsuka-sama wanted me focus on my own skills & not others. I said all that stuff because I was salty that lesser experience Setsuka players could do combos that were difficult in other games without much effort.

yeah the background art of Seigfried seems like a mirror image of Nightmare's, less the shield.
Goes together pretty well

I think the devs also mentioned that Maxi's dragon and Kilik's phoenix were drawn together as 1 image initially
I never noticed this about Sieg and Nightmare's background art before, until I saw that tweet about SC6 being 2 years old just now. I find it very cool that they did that with the background art for some of the characters.

How do you guys feel about the way the DLC character trailers have been handled so far? after rewatching that Kunimitsu trailer, I wish SC6 had more fun with its trailers you know? some nicer camerawork with motion-captured cutscenes. having characters interact outside of a Visual Novel format would be cool. that said, I think SC6 trailers are getting better compared to S1. If there's an S3 I hope they go with a more 'cinematic' approach.

We already had a semi cinematic trailer with Setsuka featuring scenarios that played out in text/visual novel form rather than 3d cutscenes.

Best to just focus on gameplay/characters and not waste time on frivolous things. We want these 4 month DLC gaps to shrink not increase!

With Haohmaru's and Setsuka's trailers, I think they are in the right place production wise so I see no need to pump more money into them. The problem with the previous ones is that they all followed the same generic formula, thus making a piss poor job of advertising characters and the game in general. It would be great to have the fantastic spectacle of Tekken's trailers, but Calibur isn't Tekken in terms of success so the series has to be conservative with it's budget.

Sorry just catching up on some bits - how are we so sure the next DLC is gonna be Hwang? Or did I misread that?
Datamine found the character codes. Each character uses a specific hexadecimal code. After Haohmaru got released, placeholders for Setsuka and Hwang were found in the files.

Datamine found the character codes. Each character uses a specific hexadecimal code. After Haohmaru got released, placeholders for Setsuka and Hwang were found in the files.
For someone who doesn't speak nerd is that definitive evidence or just strong speculation?

For someone who doesn't speak nerd is that definitive evidence or just strong speculation?

It’s also worth noting that the IDs for the leaked Setsuka and Hwang have been in since before Haohmaru, it’s just that the modders didn’t discover it until mid March. For all we know the IDs could have been sitting there since November 2019!

But yeah it was right about setsuka so it’s a 99% chance it will be right about Hwang

It's the most concrete proof we have he's coming. It's not a sure thing, however the chances that Hwang isn't the last season 2 character is like 1%.

Soul Calibur hex codes for all characters.png

• yoshimitsu appearing twice in the list is also pretty interesting, as yoshi1 and yoshi2 have never appeared in the same game.
• More interesting, is that Maxi has replaced Li-Long's position as the 4th in the list. The first 8 characters ought to logically be the Soul Edge series of characters, so Maxi stands out as being out of place. IF Li-Long returns, he'll have to be shuffled towards the end of the list.

Back