Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

c730087612a41ed08ed11c81fff6f38a.jpg
I 👏🏽
would have

LEFT👏🏽

the ROOM 👏🏽

RIGHT 👏🏽

THERE 👏🏽

Something to consider is that typically they never mention a character before they are revealed, with the heavy radio silence for Setsuka being an obvious example. I've not seen any tweet about Hwang by the devs yet though.
Interesting how ideas from the original designs ended up with other characters later on. Like the feline on the shoulder (Patroklos) and the cobras (Astaroth).

I wonder if Edgardo was meant to be a lot like this or if Algol can be considered a complete overhaul of Edgardo. Maybe he would have been a regular long sword user if he was introduced in SCIII as planned.

I can't believe Namco/Project Soul actually said the DLC was coming SoOn, and provided that silhouette. I feel like that could have counted as a shit-post, lol! I appreciate everyone's theories about how it's most likely Hwang; it's reassuring after the violence SC5 did with not including certain characters and then surprising us with some we didn't expect/want, ie. Algol... :/ (at least for me, lol)

Interesting how ideas from the original designs ended up with other characters later on. Like the feline on the shoulder (Patroklos) and the cobras (Astaroth).

I wonder if Edgardo was meant to be a lot like this or if Algol can be considered a complete overhaul of Edgardo. Maybe he would have been a regular long sword user if he was introduced in SCIII as planned.
Yes it's neat how they can keep those ideas and salvage them for other characters instead! I never thought much of Edgardo possibly being the "original" idea before Algol came to be. It's a reasonable possibility though, for sure.

I can't believe Namco/Project Soul actually said the DLC was coming SoOn, and provided that silhouette. I feel like that could have counted as a shit-post, lol! I appreciate everyone's theories about how it's most likely Hwang; it's reassuring after the violence SC5 did with not including certain characters and then surprising us with some we didn't expect/want, ie. Algol... :/ (at least for me, lol)

Yes it's neat how they can keep those ideas and salvage them for other characters instead! I never thought much of Edgardo possibly being the "original" idea before Algol came to be. It's a reasonable possibility though, for sure.
Thinking of it, I'm not really sure if it was ever made official. What's confirmed is that Edgardo's moveset was ready, but not his ingame model and in the same interview, PS provided this piece of concept art:

I might have just inferred the continuation between Edgardo and Algol because of the visual similarities. Makes sense though, just so they wouldn't have wasted a moveset.

Really? In what way?
Yoshimitsu just felt a little too tricky and technical for me to use. It just wasn't working out for me in practice mode and in matches. I always loved watching competent players play him but I know I'm too horrible of a player to play him right lol.

When it comes to fighting games, I usually have characters whose character I actually like separated by characters whose moveset I enjoy playing.
Thinking of it, I'm not really sure if it was ever made official. What's confirmed is that Edgardo's moveset was ready, but not his ingame model and in the same interview, PS provided this piece of concept art:

I might have just inferred the continuation between Edgardo and Algol because of the visual similarities. Makes sense though, just so they wouldn't have wasted a moveset.
According to a wiki, it was the other way around. Edgardo's 3D model was finished but his moveset wasn't ready.
https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Edgardo

According to Hideo Yoshie, current SC6 art director and longtime SoulCalibur visual designer, Edgardo was supposed to be a double saber character in SC3. His moveset eventually made it to SC6 in the form of Grøh.

Last edited:
Yoshimitsu just felt a little too tricky and technical for me to use. It just wasn't working out for me in practice mode and in matches. I always loved watching competent players play him but I know I'm too horrible of a player to play him right lol.

When it comes to fighting games, I usually have characters whose character I actually like separated by characters whose moveset I enjoy playing.

According to a wiki, it was the other way around. Edgardo's 3D model was finished but his moveset wasn't ready.
https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Edgardo

According to Hideo Yoshie, current SC6 art director and longtime SoulCalibur visual designer, Edgardo was supposed to be a double saber character in SC3. His moveset eventually made it to SC6 in the form of Grøh.
Ooooooohh, now that got jumbled up in my memory, thanks for the correction! I guess this is one way how rumours get started lol

Back