Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@Rusted Blade

The advantage of having another physical release of SC6 is that at some point the licence will run out for the guest characters making them impossible to play in the future. It's already happened to SC4 so it will happen with SC6. That is the only reason to get a physical copy, for historical as well as tournaments long into the future.

Oh and welcome back. I thought you'd left this site like some of the other prominent users in recent months.

Stages almost seems "crowded"
stages.jpg

After fighting against Hwang on arcade mode I lost hope for Yun-Seong coming back. He stole a lot of his core moves. They were very careful not to show case that on the trailer.

Regarding Setsuka damage nerfs, I understand the concerns with her "EZ normals" but when you're dealing with matches that are below five bar, the okiezeme's become impossible to land without them meaning that you are at an unfair disadvantage only because of netcode and distance. Stupid nerf if you ask me, you were already sacrificing meter to do them without the proper command, now you've got this damage nerf on top.

Well guess what guys, Voldo has been given a horizontal mid break attack in Mantis Crawl Feet Towards. Basically, no more relying RE spamming or sidesteps to shut down the stance. Counterplay to Mantis has been significantly reduced. If y’all weren’t fond of facing Voldo already, you’re REALLY gonna hate him now.

I just saw Hwang's SCVI Moveset. He does have lots of new stuff. He also has some of his SCIII & SCIII AE moves. He still has Mitsurugi's 1A & his A+B as 2A+B. Hwang has Yun-seong's awful 2A.

Regarding Setsuka damage nerfs, I understand the concerns with her "EZ normals" but when you're dealing with matches that are below five bar, the okiezeme's become impossible to land without them meaning that you are at an unfair disadvantage only because of netcode and distance. Stupid nerf if you ask me, you were already sacrificing meter to do them without the proper command, now you've got this damage nerf on top.

Setsuka's 6A+B & 3B+KB nerfs are great & I can finally enjoy Setsuka again. SCVI Season 3 is going to finally fix Vernal Reflection to make ALL Setsuka's JFs do insane DMG instead of buff JFU by 5 DMG.

Setsuka's 6A+B & 3B+KB nerfs are great
You don't understand, online syncing issues below five bar prevents you from successfully landing okizeme attacks. In other words setups that should work offline don't work online. Because they require execution within a tight window, there's no buffer information making it's way to Setsuka's opponent in time. Though if the rumours are true that SC6 is going to be the first Bamco fighter to receive rollback it should not matter, but until then Setsuka is crippled under the hood, best make sure you only fight people with five bar landline connections if you want to connect those max damage setups.

You don't understand, online syncing issues below five bar prevents you from successfully landing okizeme attacks. In other words setups that should work offline don't work online. Because they require execution within a tight window, there's no buffer information making it's way to Setsuka's opponent in time. Though if the rumours are true that SC6 is going to be the first Bamco fighter to receive rollback it should not matter, but until then Setsuka is crippled under the hood, best make sure you only fight people with five bar landline connections if you want to connect those max damage setups.
But no more EZ OP NORMALS

Lets also talk about the fact they have a pink eye. I havent player the story yet but just based on observation, she seems malfested. Malfested eyes have a pretty common look with certain characters having exceptions like Tira, Amy and Raphael. They all have pinker tones rather than the fire orange like typical malfested or Pyrrha. I think the reason the mysterious girl has two colored eyes is because maybe she’s transitioning into her malfestation? After all malfestation manifests in people differently.

I really hope its Viola. I wanna see how that happens!

edit: sorry for double posting

View attachment 85761
View attachment 85759View attachment 85760

Viola and that girl have a pretty similar haircut. Even the way its parted and the fact theres a headband.! I think Amy will be cloned or maybe its a sister idk
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Edit: Yeah nope.

Edit Edit: Nevermind, her name is Acht. Anime sure does love its white haired androgynous characters. It's easy to get them mixed up.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Season 3 will be revealed in The Game Awards 2020? SOULCALIBUR VI was announced 3 years ago in The Game Awards 2017 so maybe this might be the event where the third, and likely final, season will be announced.

I was thinking it would be too soon since Hwang was just revealed but Cassandra, the last character of Season 1, was revealed alongside Season 2 at the same day during EVO 2019. What do you guys think?

Hwang is not unlocked for me yet, but I can already see Mi-na will get extra chapters inside Hwang's story the same way Mitsu got extra goodness inside Setsuka's chronicle.
Also we now kinda know who the mysterious figure at the end of Setsuka's story was. Very interesting. Is it really the same character from SC: Legends or just someone connected to that character? I need to investigate more.
Also we now know for a fact...
...Curtis is alive and hangs out with Nightmare. So even though there is no extra Groh chapter for us to play this time, there is a major revelation important to Groh and his future adventures.
Also we are getting extra chapters called "Interlude" which serve as definitive final SC6 chapters for certain characters setting up SC7. The word "Interlude" means a short play between parts of a larger production, so being final chapters in this case "Interlude" definitely means a short story between SC6 and SC7.

Back