Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I reeaaally hope that, the evil girl we see in Setsuka’s story mode, at the end, is a black woman... Because with the new girl that everyone pointed out to be (maybe) EIN or related to ZWEI, maybe we’ll get her in the SP3! But we need more black characters, of arabic characters in video games. We only have Zasalamel in SoulCalibur. What do u guys think

The soundtrack for the Motien Pass Ruins is not the Horangi Arirang remaster we heard at the end of Hwang's trailer

Safe to assume that it'll probably only be played in Hwang's Soul Chronicle like the Duelist remix in Setsuka's chronicle (pre-update)?

I reeaaally hope that, the evil girl we see in Setsuka’s story mode, at the end, is a black woman... Because with the new girl that everyone pointed out to be (maybe) EIN or related to ZWEI, maybe we’ll get her in the SP3! But we need more black characters, of arabic characters in video games. We only have Zasalamel in SoulCalibur. What do u guys think
Why do you think we need more black characters?

I'm no history buff but I don't think there was anything interesting going on in central/southern africa in the 15th Century (other than slavery), probably making it hard to tie into the story line.

RE: Arabian characters, this is quite broad and I suppose the developers could have quite a bit to choose from.

Ooooh i'm super excited now! She looks cool! Though I do hope Zwei don't replaced by her. Maybe there's something to do with a number of them being produced, like Zwei, maybe a cult, or a priory? I'll have to make a huge conspiracy post later

Some story/character speculations:
Acht drags Mitsurugi into Astral Chaos, fights him, wants to fight some more, but gets interrupted by an unidentified voice. Who that voice might be? Acht seems surprised it's "awake already". It speaks about Mitsu's mortal body and asks if Mitsu wants to fight it in the future... It also speaks about world domination. All signs point to Algol.

Acht gives away Soul Edge fragments to worthy people to malfest them and add to her group (or should I call it Nightmare's group?). It also appears that the end game is to make those shards more powerful by collecting knowledge/energy from their hosts before returning all the shards back to Soul Edge. Sieg calls Acht "kin of the cursed sword". Acht speaks about humans as separate species from her, implying she is not human. Acht says she traveled along with Sieg in the past, she also tries to manipulate Sieg with lies, threats and scoffing. Acht transforms into Cervantes, Nightmare and Inferno when she fights Mitsurugi, but maintains her voice. It almost looks like Acht is Inferno itself in disguise, but she also speaks about Soul Edge as a separate being and even calls it "still just a weapon". Are Soul Edge and Inferno one and the same or not? Also after speaking with Acht, Nightmare himself transforms into Inferno, implyinf Inferno and Acht are different beings after all. Can Acht be a child of Inferno of sorts? Acht also has the same tattoo as ZWEI and her name is a german digit just like ZWEI's, so there must be some connection, yet I don't really understand it. The name itself being a number can be speculated about though. What if she's called 8 because there are/were at least 8 children of Inferno out in the wild? Can children of Inferno be Soul Edge shards?

Last edited:
Why do you think we need more black characters?

I'm no history buff but I don't think there was anything interesting going on in central/southern africa in the 15th Century (other than slavery), probably making it hard to tie into the story line.

RE: Arabian characters, this is quite broad and I suppose the developers could have quite a bit to choose from.
Yeah, you're no history buff. during the 15th century, around the middle ages/ dark ages, a lot of black/african people were in still in europe due to the black nobility of the moorish empire. hell, there were even black/african people in greece during the 15th century.

Nope, you're not alone. I love Amy's character and fighting style. Soulcalibur V felt like a massive slap in the face 'cause I effectively lose both my mains (Kilik and Amy to new characters who I just couldn't get along with). I hoped with her returning in SCVI they'd retcon Viola out but then they forshadowed her in the end of Amy's story :/ I don't have a problem with Viola herself, but not at the expense of Amy. I'd rather they take up seperate slots like Seigfried and Nightmare do (and they have way similar fighting styles in comparison so it makes no sense to straight up replace one unique style with another).
Considering Jin and Devil Jin always have separate slots in Tekken, as well as the situation with Sophitia's children in SC5, we still have some hope.

Now try clicking on that trend and you'll see Hwang is a pretty common name in K-Pop, so most of those posts aren't actually video game related.
Indeed.

Any reason why my character compendium hasn't updated?
After doing the Nightmare stories they were unlocked but it still says 48/59 instead of 51/59

Considering Acht has heterochromia, white hair and is somewhat related? to the evil sword, my guess is that she's somewhat related to that Iska Farkas character from whatever was that other spin-off game called. Also i vaguelly recall reading the word Farkas in Mitsu's new chronicle buuuut i might be mistaken on that

Back