Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So how would everyone compare Season Pass 1 vs Season Pass 2?

For me it's a no brainer with Season Pass 2 - helped enormously by Setsuka and Hwang.
Objectively season 2 had more content & unique characters.

I can't be objective though. Amy is my favorite character in the series. Cassandra & Tira rank pretty damn high too. I really like Hilde, Setsuka, and Hwang, but they still pale in comparison to the other three.

Oh yeah, I guess there were some guests too. I like 2B better, but guests really don't matter that much to me, so I don't factor them into my decision.

For me it's a no brainer with Season Pass 2 - helped enormously by Setsuka and Hwang.
Season 2 > Season 1.

Setsuka, Hwang and Haohmaru. I mean, I don't give a fuck about guests and I was a SamSho player but not a Haohmaru player and what they did with Haohmaru was great. It was a work of love from Namco if you had played Haohmaru in SamSho and compare his gameplay. Also, Haohmaru fits into the game better, much like Geralt as well.

Also, Season 1 has wackass 2B. Fuck that stupid character!!!

Season 2 by a mile.

Last edited:

Season 2 by a wide margin. I don't care for guests but Haohmaru turned out to be incredible to play, plus Hwang and Setsuka are characters I've been waiting to play for a long time. The other big thing that I think makes season 2 the best are all the new moves that we got. If I ever went back to season 1 it would feel lacking to what we have now. I'm sure all the new moves for season 3 would make season 2 feel lacking.

I'm perplexed by people who believe that Arthur will be playable in Season 3, even if he is just a Mitsurugi CaS in Libra of Soul.
I think that pretty much seals his fate, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the characters that became DLC had a CaS in the game. Also, I didn't know he was in LoS, where can I see that? Besides, I don't think Project Soul likes him very much, I mean, he literally existed to hide Mitsurugi's existence, it surprises me he was even in SC3 at all. I'd say even someone like Ashlotte has higher chance than he does, though she would likely be a better choice for SC7.

I didn't know he was in LoS, where can I see that?
Miser and Arthur are the only SC 3 bonus which appear in LoS, Greed is mentioned in Miser's mission.
I have no objection to these characters becoming DLC, I just wanted to remind you guys that they are both CaS, different from Hwang and Amy who appear in LoS but none of them are seen in battle.

Last edited:
Hwang was more than a palette swap.
He wasn’t at the start in Soul Blade/Edge. He started off as a replacement/palette swap for Mitsurugi in the Korean versions of the game, mainly because Samurai were not held in high regard in Korea. He did eventually become more of his own as the series went on.

He wasn’t at the start in Soul Blade/Edge. He started off as a replacement/palette swap for Mitsurugi in the Korean versions of the game, mainly because Samurai were not held in high regard in Korea. He did eventually become more of his own as the series went on.
Yeah, no. He may have been a replacement, but at least he had his own model. Arthur was literally a blond-haired Mitsurugi.

Hwang's history was that he was a replacement in the Korean Arcade Versions. But he was his own in the other versions of Soul Edge.

And he was his own character in the definitive version of Soul Edge which was the PS1 version.

He then went to SC1, SC2 as Assassin and SC3 AE fixed his issues with the SC3 console version and legitimized his presence instead of being a "Bonus Character".

Now he is back in SC6.

I think that pretty much seals his fate, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the characters that became DLC had a CaS in the game. Also, I didn't know he was in LoS, where can I see that? Besides, I don't think Project Soul likes him very much, I mean, he literally existed to hide Mitsurugi's existence, it surprises me he was even in SC3 at all. I'd say even someone like Ashlotte has higher chance than he does, though she would likely be a better choice for SC7.
Yeah, no doubt--although his being a CaS character is just the top of the iceberg for why I wouldn't expect him in SCVI-S3 even by a generous stretch of reasonable expectation. But even so...
That doesn't disqualify Hwang as a replacement for Mitsurugi, plus Arthur is a playable character in SC3 as well as Mitsurugi.
Sytus is correct about this part. When we're talking about the path characters have gone through on their way to being a fully realized main roster selectable options with their own fully realized movesets, Arthur and Hwang at least started out in virtually identical circumstances (though their development paths thereafter have been somewhat different), and I don't think it much matters that one was a lazier form of a new model than the other one was: they were both sporting Mitsu's moveset at the start, and the moveset is the core, non-neogitable feature of what we consider a 'playable character' option in a fighting game: the rest is just window dressing.

So it's not really reasonable to say that there is much difference between the origins of the two characters here. Besides which, it's hardly as if that's a definitive factor twenty five years (probably closer to thirty, by the time SCVII is nearing completion) after the first game in question, when developing a modern title. Arthur hasn't had quite significant enough a footprint in previous games to get upgraded, I think. It's just never going to happen in post-release continuing support for SCVI, I would say that is virtually certain not to happen. But SCVII? Yeah, I'd say it's in the realm of possibility, for sure.
Hwang's history was that he was a replacement in the Korean Arcade Versions. But he was his own in the other versions of Soul Edge.

And he was his own character in the definitive version of Soul Edge which was the PS1 version.
Well, he was his "own character" only in the sense that he was a selectable option from the menu, discrete from Mitsu. But he was just rocking Mitsu's moveset, even so. As best I recall, all SE (PS1) did was combine the localization releases in this sense, allowing you to choose which face you wanted with the style--there were also a bunch of legitimate and code manipulation methods for playing other typically unplayable outfit variants of other characters in that version. That actually continued to an extent into SCI, where the two got some independent animations but continued to play quite similarly. It wasn't really until SCII that the two styles began to play radically differently.

Back