Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"flooding your inbox with over 200 messages a day about random shit be it about SC6"

you forgot the detail that it is not random shit it is legit flaws that are hurting his product
I am a game developer myself and I read and take notes on ALL feedback and comments I receive, toxic or not

I take this as valuable information and actually use it to improve my game and make my customers happy because I know that without them my game wouldn't sell so stop defending this shit because while you are playing a crappy broken game Okubo is swimming in the money of the fans, he is working at our service not we working to service him it is HIS job to take feedback and improve his game to make his clients satisfied with the product

It's because of people like you that there is actually people defending games like Cyberpunk 2077 and you know what? thei'll keep doing it because they can get away with this
That still doesn’t give you the excuse to spam his Twitter about bugs and hitbox issues. And as a game developer you shouldn’t ever feel the need to stoop down to a toxic fanbrat’s level to get what you want. And being a game developer that just makes you look even worse.

Instead, how about you find a better solution of informing Okubo instead of just flat out spamming him about general game concerns? Because at this point it becomes more like harassment and less like genuine concern. The guy has been doing his best to deliver us a product we can all enjoy. Is this game perfectly polished? No. But at the same time there’s only so much a development team the size of SC6 can get done at once for future updates while dealing with the COVID outbreak, which was not long after Season 2 was released. I’m not defending SC6 at all, just Okubo and his Twitter.

Also, why are you even trying to compare SCVI to Cyberpunk? They’re two different games and both had a different state of release on their launch dates. If you’re going to make comparisons to another game, make it another FG. And why the hell are you lumping me into some kind of camp?! I never even defended the fiasco with the console releases at all. If anything, I do think it’s disappointing that the console versions came out the way they were and hope it gets fixed. Otherwise, I don’t have anything to say about that game. So you can take back that statement if you would be so kind.

Either way, I’m done. You can have the last word.

Last edited:
Should I start arranging a funeral for our hopes and dreams of a season 3?

Probably considering the rumblings I'm hearing about Japan being lockdown in a state of emergency.

BTW you know the artwork you upscaled, can you upload the artwork for Soul Blade and SC2 that you couldn't upscale successfully as I wouldn't mind having the complete collection.

Probably considering the rumblings I'm hearing about Japan being lockdown in a state of emergency.

BTW you know the artwork you upscaled, can you upload the artwork for Soul Blade and SC2 that you couldn't upscale successfully as I wouldn't mind having the complete collection.
I didn't include those in the "original" folder with my uploads?

Lockdown is programmed until February 7th in Japan.
Maybe all Japanese fighting game developers will show their content (Tekken 7's last Season 4 DLC Character and Stage, Soulcalibur 6's Season 3, KOF XV, Samsho's Season 3, SF5's Dan/Rose, etc. Trailer) some times after lockdown ?

Samurai Shodown STILL hasn't added Gen-an?! That'd be like if Soul Calibur hadn't added Voldo in the initial roster or both season passes. I'd take the over the top anime direction of Soul Calibur VI any day, over the bland, generic, dull direction Samurai Shodown has gone in.

The people who complained that there was too many women in Soul Calibur's DLC need to realize that the new Samurai Shodown's roster is what waifu pandering actually looks like. If Soul Calibur VI was anything like Samurai Shodown, friggin' Valeria would've been added before Astaroth or Voldo.

@RaphMcSorel

I understand the frustration but I have no doubt he will appear as SamSho still has a fuckton of characters to return. I'm still waiting for Zankuro to return who is even less likely to return than Gen-an.

Here's a list of all the characters I want to see return to SS7, though I doubt Yumeji Kurokouchi will considering how close in design he/she is to the guest character Hibiki.

Andrew.jpgGaira Caffeine.jpgGaoh.pngGenan Shiranui.pngMizuki Rashojin.pngNeinhalt Sieger.pngNicotine Caffeine.pngSankuro Yorozu.pngShiro Tokisada Amakusa.pngSugoroku Matsuribayashi.jpgYoukai Kusaregedo.pngYumeji Kurokouchi.pngZankuro Minazuki.png

@RaphMcSorel

I understand the frustration but I have no doubt he will appear as SamSho still has a fuckton of characters to return. I'm still waiting for Zankuro to return who is even less likely to return than Gen-an.

Here's a list of all the characters I want to see return to SS7, though I doubt Yumeji Kurokouchi will considering how close in design he/she is to the guest character Hibiki.

View attachment 87861View attachment 87862View attachment 87863View attachment 87864View attachment 87865View attachment 87866View attachment 87867View attachment 87868View attachment 87869View attachment 87870View attachment 87871View attachment 87872View attachment 87873
Samurai shodown has very unique looking characters, but imo lack some of universal consistency.
Thankfully in-game Astaroth isn't so much more massive compared to Amy such that combos and hurtboxes dont treat them too much differently. I suppose massive differences in hurtbox is actually a hallmark of a 2D fighter and is treated as a bug in 3d fighter

That still doesn’t give you the excuse to spam his Twitter about bugs and hitbox issues. And as a game developer you shouldn’t ever feel the need to stoop down to a toxic fanbrat’s level to get what you want. And being a game developer that just makes you look even worse.

Instead, how about you find a better solution of informing Okubo instead of just flat out spamming him about general game concerns? Because at this point it becomes more like harassment and less like genuine concern. The guy has been doing his best to deliver us a product we can all enjoy. Is this game perfectly polished? No. But at the same time there’s only so much a development team the size of SC6 can get done at once for future updates while dealing with the COVID outbreak, which was not long after Season 2 was released. I’m not defending SC6 at all, just Okubo and his Twitter.

Also, why are you even trying to compare SCVI to Cyberpunk? They’re two different games and both had a different state of release on their launch dates. If you’re going to make comparisons to another game, make it another FG. And why the hell are you lumping me into some kind of camp?! I never even defended the fiasco with the console releases at all. If anything, I do think it’s disappointing that the console versions came out the way they were and hope it gets fixed. Otherwise, I don’t have anything to say about that game. So you can take back that statement if you would be so kind.

Either way, I’m done. You can have the last word.
"Instead, how about you find a better solution of informing Okubo instead of just flat out spamming him about general game concerns?"

Because all he has provided is a simple online form with no confirmation if someone actually received the complaint at all you just send it and hope someone check your feedback

"Also, why are you even trying to compare SCVI to Cyberpunk?"

Because if we keep going through that route and getting conformed with whatever game they throw at us they will just have an excuse to do shittier and shittier games ("the fans will buy it anyway")

if you want a fighting game example just take a look at smash bros ultimate (yes smash is a fighting game)
people were booing live at the tournament when they saw bayonetta 0 to death combo was still in the game and sakurai under that pressure removed it

In what way?
NOTHING BESIDES SOUL CHARGE LITERALLY HANDING PEOPLE FREE VICTORIES ESPECIALLY WITH THE FREE BAR OF METER THEY GET FOR LOSING, DROPPING INPUTS BECAUSE BUFFERING GETS ENTANGLED BY 8WR INPUTS TURNING INTO JUMP INPUTS, TONS AND TONS OF "VERTICALS" TRACKING AGAINST GROUNDED OPPONENTS EVEN IF THEY ROLL IN EITHER DIRECTION, BEING UNABLE TO BACK STEP EVEN AT +4 BECAUSE BULLSHIT LIKE RAPH'S 10 FRAME CH 6BB:B IS A THREAT FOR NO GOOD REASON, GENERALLY BEING UNABLE TO RESET THE NEUTRAL GAME WITH STEP GUARD DUE TO A MILLION DIFFERENT STRING ATTACKS THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE READY TO REACT TO AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT AND BECAUSE, AGAIN, SOUL CHARGE ALLOWS USERS TO STEAL TURNS AND FURTHER TURN THIS EXCUSE OF A 3D FIGHTING GAME INTO A 2D GAME OF CONSTANT ROCK PAPER SCISSORS AND COIN FLIPS. HAVING GOOD READS IS COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE UNLESS YOU HAVE AMAZING REACTIONS AND ENCYCLOPEDIC KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME. LITERALLY EVERY TOP PLAYER MIGHT AS WELL BE THE SAME FUCKING PERSON.

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON. SIEGFRIED STILL GETTING FREE DARK LEGACY FOR LOSING IS INSANE, TOO.

Well thats sc6 for ya. Overloaded with nonsense mechanics, all about who got more bullshit in his kit not about how has better fundamentals. Rip classic sc.

NOTHING BESIDES SOUL CHARGE LITERALLY HANDING PEOPLE FREE VICTORIES ESPECIALLY WITH THE FREE BAR OF METER THEY GET FOR LOSING,
But everyone gets the same, plus what would be the point of burning meter if it doesn't give you buffs. It can be rough, but I find that if someone is going to burn meter it means they've got to get in otherwise they've wasted it. You also chip away someone's burning meter if you're doing damage, and some moves, namely powerful ones consume some meter that's burning.

DROPPING INPUTS BECAUSE BUFFERING GETS ENTANGLED BY 8WR INPUTS TURNING INTO JUMP INPUTS,
From my experience everything was fine until the Setsuka patch and then it was made even worse with the Hwang patch. There is definitely something wrong with the buffer system as it's so inconsistent.

TONS AND TONS OF "VERTICALS" TRACKING AGAINST GROUNDED OPPONENTS EVEN IF THEY ROLL IN EITHER DIRECTION,
I agree, the Hwang patch of making verticals track at close range was stupid. It appears this was done to mitigate verticals outright missing stationary opponents as this happened no end of times when I was using Setsuka's 6A+B. I have a feeling the hitbox/hurtbox techniques under the hood are clearly out of date for today's fighting games.

BEING UNABLE TO BACK STEP EVEN AT +4 BECAUSE BULLSHIT LIKE RAPH'S 10 FRAME CH 6BB:B IS A THREAT FOR NO GOOD REASON, GENERALLY BEING UNABLE TO RESET THE NEUTRAL GAME WITH STEP GUARD DUE TO A MILLION DIFFERENT STRING ATTACKS THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE READY TO REACT TO AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT

Consider this. If you got safe step, moves like Setsuka's 236A (or 66A) and 8B+K A would be useless and outright dangerous to use if you can't punish step. Everything, or the majority of moves would need to be mid/low and result in a complete poke fest of the fastest characters. Poke Calibur with a handful of moves is fun but can also get boring if that's the only thing worth doing. My biggest issue with SC6 is that offensive play especially in Soul Charge is too rewarding when you combine those killer moves with the risk of stepping and guard stamina.

HAVING GOOD READS IS COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE
I've experienced this quite a bit. Hwang for example, I kept on making hard reads against an Ivy player doing vertical moves, but because I was so quick with my 88B punish, Hwang's was the one who took damage because his forward momentum moved his body into Ivy's body space allowing him to take damage from her verticals. This shouldn't happen period that I've actually sent some feedback saying that there should be some barrier at the sides and back of characters where if your character moves into opponent's space then you become immune to their vertical attacks. I'm hoping they have taken notice and if so, I hope it fixes this issue because it's fucking infuriating taking damage due to the game breaking the rules. I also think this might put to rest that jank where you go to punish, say Amy but her auto GI's parry your attack from her behind.

Last edited:
If you got safe step, moves like Setsuka's 236A (or 66A) and 8B+K A would be useless and outright dangerous to use if you can't punish step. Everything, or the majority of moves would need to be mid/low and result in a complete poke fest of the fastest characters. Poke Calibur with a handful of moves is fun but can also get boring if that's the only thing worth doing.

WHEN SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO RESET THE NEUTRAL GAME WITH STEP GUARD, NO ONE "PUNISHES" THEIR STEP DELIBERATELY BECAUSE THEY HAVE A READ ON THEM. THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT NEUTRAL GAME MEANS: NEITHER PLAYER HAS A CLEAR ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE, HENCE NO READ.

IT'S COMPLETELY NAIVE THAT PEOPLE THINK HORIZONTALS FAIL TO DO THEIR JOB WITH SAFE STEP. WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL READ ON THE OPPONENT'S STEP, OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO PUNISH THEM FOR STEPPING SO PREDICTABLY, REGARDLESS OF HOW SAFE STEP IS.

IF YOU WANT TO PRETEND THAT HAVING UNSAFE STEP IS SO CRUCIAL TO DEFEATING THE OPPONENT'S MOVEMENT, THEN YOU SHOULD BE PRAISING SC5'S -20 STEP. AT LEAST IN SC5 THERE ARE MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO GAMBLE WITH STEP SINCE SOUL CHARGE IS OUT OF THE EQUATION. SC6’S SOUL CHARGE JUST OUTRIGHT STEALS TURNS.

ANYWAY, SC6'S FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN WAS NOT MADE FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY. IT REWARDS LOSERS WITH FREE BARS OF METER, FREE POWER-UPS, AND FREE LETHAL HITS. BOTH PLAYERS ALSO HAVE 90% FEWER OPPORTUNITIES TO RESET THE NEUTRAL GAME AT CLOSE RANGE AND HAVE UNRELIABLE BUFFERING TO WORK WITH. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DEFEND SC6 AS A COMPETITIVE GAME HAVE NO STANDARDS AND ARE JUST HAPPY TO KISS OKUBO'S ASS. OKUBO IS OKAY WITH TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN BECAUSE HE KNOWS EVEN THE ORDINARY TOURNAMENT PLAYERS WILL SINK TO ANY LOW FOR THE SAKE OF CHASING CLOUT AMONGST THEMSELVES AND THEIR IDIOT FOLLOWERS. THE COMMUNITY'S IDEA OF WHAT PASSES FOR A BETTER PLAYER IN A FIGHTING GAME HAS BECOME PREPOSTEROUS AND NOTHING SHORT OF OUTRAGEOUS TO ME.

Last edited:
Back