Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

again who do you think you are too tell people what to do ? If you dont like hearing about it dont come here

I didn't actually tell anyone what they have to do. I simply voiced annoyance with the fact that I have to read an essay every page on this thread about someone trashing on the game and some of the decisions the developers have made simply because they don't comply with their CaS obsession, especially when CaS simply isn't the priority of the game. I don't mind someone playing the games for that, but I'm sorry - it's not the main focus, and criticising the game purely from a perspective of CaS only is disrespectful and honestly a bit irritating. People can feel free to constantly derail conversations with snips about that, but it doesn't mean other people have to just sit there and look at it despite it being blatantly grating. I have just as much right to voice my annoyance with it as other people do to post things that result in said annoyance.

I cannot wait more for SC6, wish RDR2 would be out tomorrow, actually the only game that can help me wait for SC6. lol

Also BTW i hope they won't do something like Tekken 7 when once you reach a certain number of matches you play (2000 for T7), you'll unlock everything in the game, since after 2 week T7 launch i've no need for ingame currency, since then ingame currency don't even matter anymore you still got billions of fight money that there is nothing to spend on, who ever made that decision for T7 is a true weeboo stoner.

But at the end of the day, it's much better than the alternative, being SC5's route of no DLC lol I remember when people thought maybe SC5 would get DLC like Talim, Zas and Yun who didn't have replacements, and then 6 years went by :| so yeah it sucks but it could always be worse.

This.

Last edited:
SoulCalibur III also did the 2000 battles to unlock everything with incremental unlocks, and I was always annoyed, because I wanted to unlock stuff normally.

^SC3 i only played with Defaults. I made one character and that i barely used in the game lol. But i spend quite a lot time in CaS in SCV in other hand :)

SoulCalibur III also did the 2000 battles to unlock everything with incremental unlocks, and I was always annoyed, because I wanted to unlock stuff normally.
I thought it was super convenient, because it meant you can unlock everything in several ways, there's still a way to unlock almost everything through different means, it's not like Tekken 6-7 where you randomly unlock everything on your 2-3 playthrough, the least amount of battles is 50 or 100 I believe, it takes time.

I thought it was super convenient, because it meant you can unlock everything in several ways, there's still a way to unlock almost everything through different means, it's not like Tekken 6-7 where you randomly unlock everything on your 2-3 playthrough, the least amount of battles is 50 or 100 I believe, it takes time.
It's mostly the principle of it, and some of the unlocks are really placed in odd orders where, even if you have a guide knowing exactly what things unlock at what battle counts, it's practically impossible to unlock everything legitimately. I've tried.

Not saying they should do things insanely hard to unlock, but for Tekken 7 it was weird thing they did, as the game already gave you a tons of money when you play, there was really no need for this 2000 fights > Unlock everything. After those 2000 fights you'll just find yourself getting more more millions of money that there is no even things to spend on.

Gr0h's father (not necessarily by birth) is Algol, manipulating things from shadows in order to secure his own full revival.
Ya heard it right here, folks.

Someone here jokingly(?) said that Groh’s father is Cervantes and honestly I’m so on board. Dual blade wielding father and son. Groh as Ivy’s brother is pretty hilarious too.

It's mostly the principle of it, and some of the unlocks are really placed in odd orders where, even if you have a guide knowing exactly what things unlock at what battle counts, it's practically impossible to unlock everything legitimately. I've tried.
Most of the stuff that matters can be unlocked way prior to getting to 2000 battles, you can unlock all of the characters before reaching each of their battle goals, as well as the ultimate weapons, it's not that hard to just buy all of the main characters's weapons, and then unlock all of their ultimate versions through Tales of Souls before their battle goals as well especially after a Chronicles run, the only unique case is the Soul of unlocks, since they are dependant on the specific classes, but I prefer to actually get them prior to playing Chronicles so I can use the right style for my CaS during the run.

Ivy new build VS trailer

Ivy.jpg

In the case of another character reveal being planned for tomorrow, here’s some food for thought that I just found out while digging for extraneous information.

Tomorrow is June 14th, but it would be the Friday the 15th in Japan...which happens to be Talim’s birthday.

EDIT: Funny note but that birthday would make her a Gemini, which happens to be a wind sign.
Wow, really? So both Phillippine Independance Day AND her birthday are happening at E3? What are the odds? And they're not taking advantage of this timing! I guess we'll see today. But c'mon... It's a Thursday, it's 2 weeks since a character reveal, and it's Talim's birthday (on top of all the hints they've been doing with her). If she isn't revealed today then I will personally put in the order for the entire development team to have mental health assessments.
I actually REALLY miss the days of SCIII where you had so many things to unlock. It was part of the replay value for me trying to unlock everything and the game felt so packed with content. It's not for everyone of course, but in SCV we pretty much got everything but CAS parts handed to us on a platter, with a tiny amount of characters that had to be unlocked.

I actually like the idea of Salia as a new character over Groh's father, but not as a replacement, and especially not for Raph.

This is exactly how I feel. I would love to see her included in this game in some capacity, just not at the expense of other characters.

SCV we pretty much got everything but CAS parts handed to us on a platter, with a tiny amount of characters that had to be unlocked.
Oh man don't get me started on just how wrong SCV's unlock system was...jesus christ, the leveling up system was redundant as HELL, you had to do the same crap over and over again, which was basically go through arcade mode on the hardest level, now because you are playing SCV, it's even worse, because the super/ex system made the gameplay a little bit more predictable, so unlike SC1-3 it's not quite as fun to go back to it, plus the unlocks had weird gaps and were out of order, like the dumb tattoos or lame special effects you unlock on some random high levels, yet you unlock almost everything else up until about level 50 or something, it was terrible.

Last edited:
Back