Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

5 had CaS only styles. One of them was Devil Jin, that was a weird addition.
Devil Jim definitely was not a good choice...
But I would be very happy if they put some DLC CaS styles used before like ZWEI, Aeon, Ezio, Hilde, The Apprentice (with normal sword/scimitar), etc
That could be just for fun, without being able to use it in rank mode for example

Okay, I tried to become a super duper detective person. So, we've got this with a bunch of blurred names:
View attachment 49413

If you mess with the contrast, you can clearly see the length of the blurred character names:
View attachment 49414

Now then, to me it looks like they scribbled some gibberish over the character names and then blurred it. There's the chance they scribbled beyond the character names or maybe those character names were completely bogus to begin with. But in case the length of the blurred names is accurate, I decided to do some super high-tech detective work.

It seemed possible to make a texture font based on the timeline and story mode screenshots, and the game doesn't seem to render the text with kerning, so I whipped this up (the placeholder symbols are based on a font from another SC game):
View attachment 49415

And so I tried to line up various character names to see if they would fit:

And this is the best guess I ended up with (the names line up well, but the story start point wouldn't make too much sense for a few of these):
View attachment 49416

The timelines might give some hints as to who these characters are. For instance, the fourth blurred name is someone who seems to be working alongside (or fighting against) Nightmare since their timelines are mostly the same.

If anyone else wants to fiddle with this, here are the character names I produced with the SC6-esque font: https://8wayrun.com/attachments/text-zip.49417/?hash=09e74a291eb46e6711a33a6e40de8509
Interesting.

If they have another interview at any point this defo should be a question to ask - what is this white flash called in SC6, why did you decide to include it?

Hey its fucking better that the dumb ass questions we have sat through in the interviews that I can't imagine anyone finding it useful, relevant or interesting.

There are so many characters who have priority over Dampierre that it feels wrong to even consider him at this point. 23 characters at launch (24, with the bonus character) is the shortest we've had since SC1. Characters like Raphael, Cassandra, Seong Mi-Na, Setsuka, Hilde, Yun Seong, and Amy/Viola are way more important.
Amy/Viola important?? Nah!
Hilde was broken in IV but redesigned in V to not be. Viola can get the same.
I don't wanna see Viola again in my entire life...

My hopes are that VI is an apology for V and won’t pull any of the half-assed shit.

I just want to know what the equivalent to Weapon Master/Tower of Lost Souls/Legendary Souls might be. Something seems odd as to why we haven’t seen the mode select.

Hwang is a lost cause but the lack of a rapier is concerning me to be honest. I just hope the CaS won’t be the only thing going for it. I’ll give up the upper layers just to have a separate undershirt and underpants. That way we get less clipping and oversized clothing.

If they have another interview at any point this defo should be a question to ask - what is this white flash called in SC6, why did you decide to include it?

Hey its fucking better that the dumb ass questions we have sat through in the interviews that I can't imagine anyone finding it useful, relevant or interesting.
https://twitter.com/jovywithyou/status/1007255330890190849?s=19
https://twitter.com/jovywithyou/status/1007190853381525504?s=19
https://twitter.com/KingTomahawk/status/1007255718020280320?s=19

5 had CaS only styles. One of them was Devil Jin, that was a weird addition.
It was the one and only CaS exlusive style, in the entire series not just the game, and it was awesome when it first came out, until they patched the game and nerfed him to hell.

It’s just the lighting.
It's not, you can see the changes around the eyes, lips jaw and nostrils. The biggest changes are with the eyebrows and the eyes themselves have been enlarged. One could argue that it's more faithful to the legacy of Ivy's face but personally I've always found Ivy's face to have always suffered with a bad case of uncanney valley. Her reveal trailer was the first time I though damn, they really corrected the issues I had with it but have decided against the changes with this new build. A shame from my perspective.

Ivy face.jpg

Back