Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

what happened to the bonus character in that tweet? We're getting 4 right?
No, it was always advertised as three DLC characters and "a bonus playable character," which is why I insist that the bonus is probably going to be a mimic.
Except the Japanese DLC listing still clearly shows 4 characters. I feel like whoever made that tweet just wasn't paying enough attention.

It still makes too much sense that the bonus would be another guest, and the 3 DLC are SoulCalibur characters.

Guys I'm so hype for SC6, anyone else gonna be waiting at your local game retailer store in the morning first in line ready for when it opens on 19th Oct?
Nope. I'm on PC so I don't have to do this. I'll probably be so busy playing that I won't notice my CE PS4 version coming in the mail.

It still makes too much sense that the bonus would be another guest, and the 3 DLC are SoulCalibur characters.
I think that would backfire spectacularly.

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy (or One Piece, or NieR, or Dark Souls, or whatever), and Bamco says "hey, you can play as Cloud/Zoro/2B/whoever, but it'll cost you the game + the entire season pass," I'm guessing you're not going to want to pay $100 to play as the one character you like.

I think that would backfire spectacularly.

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy (or One Piece, or NieR, or Dark Souls, or whatever), and Bamco says "hey, you can play as Cloud/Zoro/2B/whoever, but it'll cost you the game + the entire season pass," I'm guessing you're not going to want to pay $100 to play as the one character you like.
I mean, yeah sure, you could look at it that way, but the alternative is releasing a guest well into the game's lifecycle, where people who wouldn't have bought the game otherwise aren't going to turn around and buy the game so late when they wouldn't have bought the game otherwise just for some DLC. The bonus character is implied to be available at launch, so if they're going to add a second guest, they'd want it available at the start in order to draw in the initial sales. If it's a massively popular character, then I'm sure people would be willing to buy the Deluxe Edition without a second thought. They wouldn't even look at it like a season pass, with how games are today (Ubisoft, for example).

I mean, I guess it's possible that most consumers don't care how they spend their money.

But I bought Tekken 7 entirely because of one character (Geese). And one thing that encouraged me to do this was the fact that the game had been out a while, and thus I was able to pick it up for $40 as opposed to $60.

I think spreading out guest characters announcements is a smart way to extend a game's lifespan.

Bamco's panel at SDCC is tomorrow, right? And if the countdown on the site is correct, then tomorrow will also be 90 days until SCVI's release. It may very well be a coincidence, but what if we get a decent-sized reveal tomorrow since we're 90 days away? Someone said SCV's CaS trailer was dropped about three months before the game's launch, so maybe we'll see a CaS trailer for VI tomorrow?

As someone who cares for neither of them I can certainly say that Viola is FAR more interesting visually.
I would agree with this. Amy's style appealed to me aesthetically because that's my taste, but there wasn't much to it. She was a slightly anime, aristocratic-looking goth, and a bit loli-inspired. It fitted the rapier. There wasn't much to it, but I found it visually appealing. Viola had the slightly anime gothic look as well, with Little Red Riding Hood fairytale influences, and seemed a bit less overtly sexualised. Her outfit was more fantastical without looking silly, and it went well with her magical weapon style. It was more evocative; you can picture her in a fortune teller's tent, looking into her crystal ball, doling out painful truths that make people resent her, so she keeps moving. And the claw looked cool, with just a hint of Nightmare on Elm Street that went with the disturbed child nursery rhyme vibe, to give her just a touch of creepiness. There was slightly more going on.

So overall I think more thought went into Viola's design than Amy's.

Bamco's panel at SDCC is tomorrow, right? And if the countdown on the site is correct, then tomorrow will also be 90 days until SCVI's release. It may very well be a coincidence, but what if we get a decent-sized reveal tomorrow since we're 90 days away? Someone said SCV's CaS trailer was dropped about three months before the game's launch, so maybe we'll see a CaS trailer for VI tomorrow?
I was hoping we'd get an E3 reveal, but that seems pretty likely.
In my opinion the Bonus is
:sc1crv1: or :sc4cas1:
That's not a bonus, that's a ripoff.

Bonus is Tira.
kQz07ft.gif

Back