Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Has Hayate said anything more about getting to play the game? Or are wee still waiting for that?

Just a small thing, I really hope they're not changing "malfested" to "outsiders" just because it's already such an established word lol

Idk, "malfested" make me think of Patroklos. I'd rather have "outsiders", it sounds cooler anyways.

I was thinking, I'm honestly really irritated that PS seems to be doing what they did in SC5 when it comes to battle intros which is characters only having 2 intro quotes beyond special dialogue with other characters. That's just so boring when you think back to previous games in which characters had a multitude of different intro quotes. It's going to be even more grating with CaS characters since they obviously won't have special dialogue and thus will only say one of two things before a battle. Sucks any possible personality out of any CaS characters more than their lackluster voices already did.
Though there is the possibility this isn't what's happening, since in one video, Sophitia says "I'm sorry, but I can't back down" before fighting Xianghua, instead of "I'm fine, I can do this" or "O gods, guide me" (one of which she did say against Xianghua in another video) so like, maybe they just haven't implemented all their intro dialogue? I hope so.

Dude, what's up with SC Twitter on retweeting 100% Japanese links..

Project Soul is retweeting posts talking about the profiles of Groh, Kilik, Nightmare, & Xianghua. The articles talk about the recent revealed character abilities. For Groh, the article talks about Innocent Draw stance(where he can separate his swords), 44A aGI to deal with Verticals Slashs & Vertical Kicks(I don't know about Thrusting Verticals) & Soul Charge Mode. For Kilik, the article talks about his excellent range & Soul Charge Mode. For Nightmare, the article talks about his A+B revenge aGI going into Terror Charge to execute Soul Charge Mode Enhancements without spending meter. For Xianghua, the article talks about her aGIs & evasion.

Last edited:
I was thinking, I'm honestly really irritated that PS seems to be doing what they did in SC5 when it comes to battle intros which is characters only having 2 intro quotes beyond special dialogue with other characters. That's just so boring when you think back to previous games in which characters had a multitude of different intro quotes. It's going to be even more grating with CaS characters since they obviously won't have special dialogue and thus will only say one of two things before a battle. Sucks any possible personality out of any CaS characters more than their lackluster voices already did.
Though there is the possibility this isn't what's happening, since in one video, Sophitia says "I'm sorry, but I can't back down" before fighting Xianghua, instead of "I'm fine, I can do this" or "O gods, guide me" (one of which she did say against Xianghua in another video) so like, maybe they just haven't implemented all their intro dialogue? I hope so.

I guess thats just a namco thing cos Tekken 7 was stingy with their dialogue too. The NRS voice acting should be the standard by now.

ouch from Samurai Warriors as guest? She fights with a yoyo, its pretty unique.
oichi.jpg

Some thoughts:

I have to say that i found the marketing for SC6 a bit too weird so far. First they reveal a trailer that they don't post on their twitter accounts, then they do an event like this on Niconico and 100% Japanese, while SC community is about 95% in the west (I think it's something like that sales wise)

And where the hell are the Breakdowns for the other characters after Sophitia? Huh?

Or are they holding for SC6 because they're worry on alienating DBZ sales and they want to sell as much as they can copies for this? Weird logic and that i'm not understanding if so.

I mean just look at how Capcom did with Monster Hunter World, and take a look at the sales (Now it's the Fasest selling game of all time in Capcom history)
We've been trying to figure out how or why Namco does what they do for at least 12 years. Even more so since 2008. The things they could've done for SCIV and SCV could've been amazing. But they chose to either do nothing or do the exact wrong thing. The decisions they've made have had no rhyme or reason and seems to be the antithesis of what was needed to make this series grow or succeed. I could go into it for hours (and have) but just know that this is nothing new. The best way to deal with what Namco does is take a wait and see approach. I mean honestly the approach they've taken this time around seems to be pretty fresh for them. We get an announcement with two character reveals, a month or so later we get 4 more characters with a more in depth look into the mechanics, and they're letting people play the game a lot more (regardless if it's here in NA or around the world) a lot more than they did with the last game so we get even more information out there. So yeah while it may be confusing I counsel patience and just know that it could be so much worse.

You know what would make me happier than anything?

If SC6 was the 9th game at Evo this year. Like, Mr. Wizard can't say anything because if he announced that it was going to be at Evo then it would be preempting Bamco's announcement of a release date, and due to that, he has to say, "There's only eight games this year, and there won't be a fund raiser to decide on a ninth."

Oh man, if that were to happen.... mmmmm.... yyeeessss......

If we go by the last 2 games in the amount of time between reveal and release, the game will probably be out around August/September. So I don't think there will be a tournament for it at Evo, at least not on the main stage. Tekken 7 was only able to do it because the game was already released in arcades.

Back