Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If none of the new clone characters of SCV (Lexia, Natsu, Pyrra etc) don't make the cut for VI, would you guys be in support of a DLC 8 months down the line including them or at least their souls, if their variation is distinct enough?

If none of the new clone characters of SCV (Lexia, Natsu, Pyrra etc) don't make the cut for VI, would you guys be in support of a DLC 8 months down the line including them or at least their souls, if their variation is distinct enough?

Nope, but Xianghua is overpowered & I'll get her nerfed when SCVI comes out.

I don't hate those characters, in fact, Xiba is one of my favourites, but they're not worth making DLC of, they're just too similar, even if Namco tries to make them different, it still would end up either not being enough or just removing what was liked on those characters' movesets. I would approve if they did something like Injustice 2's Premiere Skins, which kinda has a different character with different looks and voice using the same moveset of a default character, literally as an actual game skin. Otherwise, just let them chilling out of the games for a while, so they can return in a proper way with more original movesets.

I dont know if anyone who played the early build had talked about GI timing, but im worried since it seems like the GI window looks large in the gameplay videos, meaning less timing to suscesfully parry a move and GI being too OP.

There never was a real garden stage in SC series, I know we had Xianghua stage in SC3 and Setsuka stage but I mean like European garden in style of Italy or France

There never was a real garden stage in SC series, I know we had Xianghua stage in SC3 and Setsuka stage but I mean like European garden in style of Italy or France
We had Sophie's and Cassandra's stage in IV which is named quite literally Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden.

Would be tie if we got a stage inspired from the hanging gardens of Babylon.

We had Sophie's and Cassandra's stage in IV which is named quite literally Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden.

Yeah, it was my favourite stage from SC4 but I mean more like this garden from Game of Thrones where they all conspired against each other :P With paths, buckets of flowers and normal groung not made of stone

Gonna have to say this. But we need DSP, Howard and John Rambo for joke guest characters in SCVI:
maxresdefault.jpg

I had a dream today that BN showed a new trailer that revealed 5 characters:

Can barely remember some details, but first character i think was Raphael, looked similar to his SC4, second character i don't remember who he was, but it wasn't a new character. And then don't remember how's the order for the 3rd and 4th, but then it was Zasalamel and Taki, Zasa looked like his SC4, and Taki was wearing her SC2 2P outfit.

Finally when i thought the trailer ended, here came Ivy, she looked like in SC3 with the white outfit.

And all this happened in a stage that looked exactly like that SC4 stage where there were a bunch of knights statues.

Another detail is that in my dream the trailer only showed gameplay, no intro pose, no outro poses, and not even CA lol, so it only showed the characters from far distance and so i could barely see the characters and their faces in details.

Last edited:
We had the last reveal at the very end of January, so even if we were all hoping for a Valentine reveal it was kinda predictable that it was too early. I'm expecting the next one at the end of the month or at the very least beginning of March.

Ivy lends herself to a stage like this - it could be set in the gardens of her mansion. It could look very formal, like traditional English country house gardens usually are, with fountains, rose-beds, topiary, a maze maybe? A bit like the below, but maybe with more dramatic weather to suit her character :) And as the Valentine Mansion is a main-stay of the series' stages, it'd be cool to finally see the exterior!
country house.jpg
Countryhouse 2.jpg

Last edited:
So based Aris Sophie's tits are very very huge.

So that actually make me worrie they'll brought back that ass SC4 design for Ivy, i hope not. They need to look more at her SC1 2 and 3 looks (and 5 for the costume)

Sorry i know some Ivy fans may liked that design, personally i absolutely hate it.

Last edited:
I tend to prefer Ivy's 2p outfits, except for SoulCalibur V. I'm still not entirely sure what the vision of that outfit was. SCI and SCIV are her best 2ps.

I like her SC1 2P and SC2 (except the hair) but bascially those 2 costumes were same expect colors and haircuts.

SC3 2P didn't like it much, looked like a funeral outfit lol

SC4 was great, but didn't like the haircut.

SC5 was cool but too modern for the SC era.

I guess a costume have to make her look like a fighter and fits the SC universe so i can appreciate it. For example Taki and Mitsurugi with all their outfits they looks like fighters as much as they're different. Not same can be said about some Ivy's outfits.

I would not panic about Ivy costumes, despite the huge boobs and armor break, Sophitia's new outfit is more in line with her older costumes, compared to the one in SC4 where she was basically just wrapped in a veil lol. I would expect the same for Ivy.

Back